Newbie intro & budget question...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 emmes

• 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:09 PM

hi everyone!

my name's emily and i just recently got engaged... i'm considering a DW and stumbled upon this fabulous site!! it's not for sure yet, but there's a strong possibility of having a DW in los cabos next summer. i just need to hurry up and decide what i want! =/

i think we will have about 80 or less guests... if it's not too personal a question, can those who had a similar sized party tell me approximately how much you spent?

i'm hoping to spend only 20K to 25K -- is that feasible?

thanks everyone! :)

#2 SoonerDiva

• 15 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:22 PM

Hi and welcome! I'm sure you'll find a lot of brides in the forum that will be able to help you with all of your planning! Congratulations on your engagement and happy planning!

#3 FatCracker

• 192 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:28 PM

Welcome and happy planning!

#4 *Karla*

• 4,854 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:35 PM

Congrats and Welcome to the Forum! Happy Planning

#5 Ginalyn

• 2,754 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:51 PM

Congrats and welcome! I think 20k-25k is reasonable for a DW. You can use the search function to search for Budget threads, I know there is at least one thread on this topic!

#6 Hoosierfan

• 341 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:51 PM

Hi Emily - congrats and welcome. I think your budget will depend greatly on the location you choose and how fancy you want to get for your wedding, how much you want to do for guests, if you choose an all-inclusive, etc. There are lots of factors that can help (or hurt) your budget. Check out the threads on a few locations you are considering - good luck!
              http://www.whenismyw....a87ad6d9f7.gif Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

#7 D&ESept2009

• 317 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:55 PM

Congrats and welcome Emily

#8 azulskies

• 1,131 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:24 PM

Congrats on your engagement and welcome! I definitely think 20-25K is a reasonable budget for a DW. It always depends on what kind of wedding you want to have and sacrificing some things that just aren't that important for you. Happy planning!

#9 mariusz

• Vendor
                  • 205 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:52 PM

you will need to spend wisely!

#10 shortnsweet7675

• 483 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:02 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! I'm not finished with my wedding planning yet so I'm not quite sure about the total costs, but $20-$25K sounds reasonable... unless you get into paying for others travel expenses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users