Sign in to follow this  
Brenners

How to tell sisters they are not BM?

I have four sisters who are quite a bit older than me - love them all but I do not want four bridesmaids. I just want one MOH and that is it. I am doing a DW to avoid a huge wedding at home. My sisters are not interested in standing in front of a crowd anyway so I don't think that they will mind not having to do that, however, I am concerned that their feelings may still be hurt. I would like to have my best friend be my MOH. Any suggestions on how to tell the sisters?undecided.gif

I was "best woman" in a buddy of mine's wedding. He has 2 brothers. He told them that he couldn't choose between them, so he chose his best friend.

I think you'd be able to do the same thing. Just say that you can't choose among them, so you chose to have a good friend stand up for you. Also just explain that you only want to have one other person stand up for you, and that's your MOH.

Tell them they are all special and you didn't want to choose between them. Also that you wanted a small bridal party... they can still be involved with the wedding.

I am in the exact same position and I agree that Getting them to do a reading is a nice way to include my sisters ( I have 3 ) but then the hard part is what do they say!? Back to the search function I go....

I didn't have anyone stand with me. Between my 5 best friends and my sister, it just wasn't a possibility. So, I made them all "unofficial bridesmaids" I asked them all to dress in some shade of pink, and they hung out with me while I got ready. It was great fun and very low key for them, too.

Yes - what four (Good Lord!) readings would they do? I just did a reading at a wedding and my sisters seemed relieved that they weren't chosen to do it. Maybe I will just provide them with lots of island drinks and they won't know the difference or remember a thing...