Photo

How to tell sisters they are not BM?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Brenners

Brenners
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:39 PM

I have four sisters who are quite a bit older than me - love them all but I do not want four bridesmaids. I just want one MOH and that is it. I am doing a DW to avoid a huge wedding at home. My sisters are not interested in standing in front of a crowd anyway so I don't think that they will mind not having to do that, however, I am concerned that their feelings may still be hurt. I would like to have my best friend be my MOH. Any suggestions on how to tell the sisters?

#2 frazali

frazali
    • 245 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:56 PM

I was "best woman" in a buddy of mine's wedding. He has 2 brothers. He told them that he couldn't choose between them, so he chose his best friend.

I think you'd be able to do the same thing. Just say that you can't choose among them, so you chose to have a good friend stand up for you. Also just explain that you only want to have one other person stand up for you, and that's your MOH.

#3 Sheree10

Sheree10
      • 1,026 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:53 PM

Tell them they are all special and you didn't want to choose between them. Also that you wanted a small bridal party... they can still be involved with the wedding.
        http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#4 Brenners

Brenners
        • 807 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:44 PM

I like the idea of including them for a reading or something similar but it still keeps it a small wedding party. Thanks for the help ladies!

#5 Love3

Love3
          • 785 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:29 PM

honesty is the best policy!!
            ~Heather~

#6 BachataBride

BachataBride
            • Banned
            • 9,310 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:03 AM

I think it's easy...you're only have a MOH so, like the others said say you can't chose!!

#7 *tanga*

*tanga*
              • 140 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:06 AM

I am in the exact same position and I agree that Getting them to do a reading is a nice way to include my sisters ( I have 3 ) but then the hard part is what do they say!? Back to the search function I go....

#8 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
                • 4,881 posts
                • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                • LocationNew York

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:39 AM

I didn't have anyone stand with me. Between my 5 best friends and my sister, it just wasn't a possibility. So, I made them all "unofficial bridesmaids" I asked them all to dress in some shade of pink, and they hung out with me while I got ready. It was great fun and very low key for them, too.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#9 Brenners

Brenners
                • 807 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:34 AM

Yes - what four (Good Lord!) readings would they do? I just did a reading at a wedding and my sisters seemed relieved that they weren't chosen to do it. Maybe I will just provide them with lots of island drinks and they won't know the difference or remember a thing...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users