Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy_chic View Post
When did you send your invites?
Technically our STD were STD/invites. They were STD for the AHR, which is March 27 and invites for the ceremony, which is Feb 26. We sent them out Oct. 20. We will send out the AHR invites at the end of January. We were worried about sending out the invites to the AHR too far in advance so decided to send out 2 invites, one being more of a STD/invite. I'm sure I made that explanation much more complicated than it needed to be!! Haha. Here's the ones that have already gone out.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I mentioned it already but Tricia your STD's are awesome-- Vday Bride and I are going to the wholesale district to get cheap wedding ideas for things to bring to Mexico. If I find some great items I will let you know what I find and we can switch stuff out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had to comment... I photographed a wedding at Moon Palace this past September and it was absolutely gorgeous... I was a little hesitant being that it was kind of "Cancun" and that it would be a bit cheesy... but I was completely impressed. The staff was professional, the locations were beautiful, and the food was good. If any of you want to take a look... here' a slideshow of the pics.

 

My couple (Elizabeth & Will) truly utilized the whole resort (golf, spa, private dinners in different locations inside and out)... if any of you are wondering what it was like feel free to contact me. As a person who sees a lot of resorts... this one was top notch.

 

Elizabeth & Will

 

Congrats... have fun!

A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrejka View Post
I just had to comment... I photographed a wedding at Moon Palace this past September and it was absolutely gorgeous... I was a little hesitant being that it was kind of "Cancun" and that it would be a bit cheesy... but I was completely impressed. The staff was professional, the locations were beautiful, and the food was good. If any of you want to take a look... here' a slideshow of the pics.

My couple (Elizabeth & Will) truly utilized the whole resort (golf, spa, private dinners in different locations inside and out)... if any of you are wondering what it was like feel free to contact me. As a person who sees a lot of resorts... this one was top notch.

Elizabeth & Will

Congrats... have fun!
A

Great pictures!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I have a question that may be dumb, but I really know very little about destination weddings!!....I've noticed some of you talk about doing a "sand ceremony." What is it? What's it's significance? Where do you get the stuff for it? :) Does it take the place of a unity candle during a traditional ceremony? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyandTricia View Post
Ok, I have a question that may be dumb, but I really know very little about destination weddings!!....I've noticed some of you talk about doing a "sand ceremony." What is it? What's it's significance? Where do you get the stuff for it? :) Does it take the place of a unity candle during a traditional ceremony? Thanks!
Yes, it's similar to the unity candle and is used a lot for sea-side weddings because the breeze usually does not work for the unity candle portion of the ceremony. I've attached sample wording that I found from another bride on this site. You can order some really cute sets online for the sand/vases, or just make your own.

Here's a cute set I found online:

Click the image to open in full size.

 

 

Sand Blending Ceremony.doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone setting up a group activity, like snorkeling for example? If you are, then when will you have it (1 day before, 1 day after ceremony, etc) and how are you going about setting it up (with Miami WC)? I'm curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haha I believe STD's everywhere are Sexually Transmitted Diseases! When I first read that I thought it was strange too!

 

I sent out my STD's in July which will make it a year before. I should have done what Vgirl did and send out two cards, but it was a little expensive to send one, so I did not want to send too. I did save money on my STD's bc my fiance did it for us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by doblauvelt View Post
Is anyone setting up a group activity, like snorkeling for example? If you are, then when will you have it (1 day before, 1 day after ceremony, etc) and how are you going about setting it up (with Miami WC)? I'm curious.
Hi.. I am actually trying to set upa group activity separate from Moon Palace tours. I am trying to do a booze cruise or snorkle trip the day before or two days before. I have not decided. It is hard to communicate with the companies so we are having a little trouble. Hopefully my cousin's husband (he is Mexican) will have some luck!

Let me know what you decide to do and when!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • STAY AWAY FROM CARIBBEAN EMOTIONS PHOTOGRAPHY!!!! Michael Weiler is a SCAMMER he took our money and disappeared!! we hired him as our photographer for our wedding back in November, he gave us a run around for the first week or 2 saying our pictures are almost ready and then disappeared. we have been sending him emails, texts and phone calls for the past 4 months and he is now where to be found. I made a fake account to email him and he answered right away as he is only interested in taking peoples money and not give anything in return.
    • For weddings you should definitely use a travel agent as there are promotions and amenities with a group block that you will not get by booking individually like comped rooms, upgrades, spa treatments, etc.
    • Congratulations and welcome to the forum! There are lots of great resort options in Punta Cana and we have stayed at or toured many of them.  Are you looking for a family friendly resort or adults only?  What you interested in with nature and the ceremony? All of the resorts will have different wedding locations and there are also a variety of off resort wedding venues in Punta Cana. Please feel free to email us at info@wrighttravelagency.com if you'd like us to send resort info and check group rates. Thanks! Patty
    • Hello Everyone!  I am currently in the initial stages of planning and I am starting to look at resorts in Dominican Republic. I am thinking of having my wedding in October 2020.  I have been looking at resorts in Punta Cana, but I also want to look at other options/areas as well. The groom and I enjoy nature and we would like to incorporate that into our wedding in some way. We may also have a guest list between 50-80 people. Since we live in the US, I wanted to find a location that is accessible from major airports and is cost efficient for our guest as well as us. Can anyone share what locations they have searched or been to other than Punta Cana? Also I am okay to receive feedback on some Punta Cana locations. 
    • Thank you! I did not make these. I purchased them from a business. They are still for sale if you are interested!
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...