Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy_chic View Post
When did you send your invites?
Technically our STD were STD/invites. They were STD for the AHR, which is March 27 and invites for the ceremony, which is Feb 26. We sent them out Oct. 20. We will send out the AHR invites at the end of January. We were worried about sending out the invites to the AHR too far in advance so decided to send out 2 invites, one being more of a STD/invite. I'm sure I made that explanation much more complicated than it needed to be!! Haha. Here's the ones that have already gone out.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I mentioned it already but Tricia your STD's are awesome-- Vday Bride and I are going to the wholesale district to get cheap wedding ideas for things to bring to Mexico. If I find some great items I will let you know what I find and we can switch stuff out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had to comment... I photographed a wedding at Moon Palace this past September and it was absolutely gorgeous... I was a little hesitant being that it was kind of "Cancun" and that it would be a bit cheesy... but I was completely impressed. The staff was professional, the locations were beautiful, and the food was good. If any of you want to take a look... here' a slideshow of the pics.

 

My couple (Elizabeth & Will) truly utilized the whole resort (golf, spa, private dinners in different locations inside and out)... if any of you are wondering what it was like feel free to contact me. As a person who sees a lot of resorts... this one was top notch.

 

Elizabeth & Will

 

Congrats... have fun!

A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrejka View Post
I just had to comment... I photographed a wedding at Moon Palace this past September and it was absolutely gorgeous... I was a little hesitant being that it was kind of "Cancun" and that it would be a bit cheesy... but I was completely impressed. The staff was professional, the locations were beautiful, and the food was good. If any of you want to take a look... here' a slideshow of the pics.

My couple (Elizabeth & Will) truly utilized the whole resort (golf, spa, private dinners in different locations inside and out)... if any of you are wondering what it was like feel free to contact me. As a person who sees a lot of resorts... this one was top notch.

Elizabeth & Will

Congrats... have fun!
A

Great pictures!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I have a question that may be dumb, but I really know very little about destination weddings!!....I've noticed some of you talk about doing a "sand ceremony." What is it? What's it's significance? Where do you get the stuff for it? :) Does it take the place of a unity candle during a traditional ceremony? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyandTricia View Post
Ok, I have a question that may be dumb, but I really know very little about destination weddings!!....I've noticed some of you talk about doing a "sand ceremony." What is it? What's it's significance? Where do you get the stuff for it? :) Does it take the place of a unity candle during a traditional ceremony? Thanks!
Yes, it's similar to the unity candle and is used a lot for sea-side weddings because the breeze usually does not work for the unity candle portion of the ceremony. I've attached sample wording that I found from another bride on this site. You can order some really cute sets online for the sand/vases, or just make your own.

Here's a cute set I found online:

Click the image to open in full size.

 

 

Sand Blending Ceremony.doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone setting up a group activity, like snorkeling for example? If you are, then when will you have it (1 day before, 1 day after ceremony, etc) and how are you going about setting it up (with Miami WC)? I'm curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haha I believe STD's everywhere are Sexually Transmitted Diseases! When I first read that I thought it was strange too!

 

I sent out my STD's in July which will make it a year before. I should have done what Vgirl did and send out two cards, but it was a little expensive to send one, so I did not want to send too. I did save money on my STD's bc my fiance did it for us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by doblauvelt View Post
Is anyone setting up a group activity, like snorkeling for example? If you are, then when will you have it (1 day before, 1 day after ceremony, etc) and how are you going about setting it up (with Miami WC)? I'm curious.
Hi.. I am actually trying to set upa group activity separate from Moon Palace tours. I am trying to do a booze cruise or snorkle trip the day before or two days before. I have not decided. It is hard to communicate with the companies so we are having a little trouble. Hopefully my cousin's husband (he is Mexican) will have some luck!

Let me know what you decide to do and when!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • $400.00 OBO Beautiful dress. Never worn. Tags still attached. Only alteration was a bustle put on the back. Slip included.  Kept in bag. Smoke free home.    
    • I have beautiful never used Real Touch flowers for sale.  NEVER USED  $450 OBO for all! 1 Bride Bouquet 6 Bridesmaids Bouquets 3 Corsages 5 Boutonnieres   Please comment or email me at melissatatalovich@hotmail.com for more information    
    • Paradisus is actually notorious for doing this and we have to fight with them all the time to get the rates lowered. Are you using a TA to assist you?
    • Moon palace cancun offers Sikh priest. Janina Mendoza in weddings was very nice and able to help me.. suggest to contact her.
    • First of all congrats!!! Costa Rica is a magical place for a wedding  Are you working with a travel agency for your rooms? If not, I would highly encourage you to do so because an agent can often help you get in contact with the wedding department to get that conversation/communication going. I would suggest working with Wright Travel Agency, the official agency of this forum. These agents are specialist in destination weddings and have access to great promotions and group perks in addition to being able to secure the best rates for your group. Best of all the agency does not charge any fees to use their service, but it will take a load off your plate not having to worry about arrangements for travel for you and your guests. Shoot an email over to info@wrighttravelagency.com and one of the team members will get back to you and get the ball rolling for your group and the wedding department! Best wishes!!!
  • Topics

×