Photo

Hourglass sand ceremony?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Peachy~Girl

Peachy~Girl
  • 173 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:40 PM

This is what were planning on using for our sand ceremony. I love the idea of the hourglass and dont have to worry bout the sand staying perfect on our way back home.

Anyone else use this?

Heirloom Hourglass Wedding Unity Sand Ceremony

#2 *Karla*

*Karla*
    • 4,854 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:33 PM

Nope, sorry. But, I think it is a really cut idea

#3 Future Mrs. Ligonde

Future Mrs. Ligonde
      • 25 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:40 PM

I want to do a sand ceremony. But I haven't decided what to use. This is cool, thanks.

#4 vlynnw

vlynnw
        • 6,003 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:40 PM

I am planning on using a sand ceremony, but I haven't seen this one before. I really like it thanks for sharing it! It's very sentimental and I like the extra meaning that's been put in it.
          Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#5 Hoopchic

Hoopchic
          • 13 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:11 AM

Hi Peachy~Girl

We ordered an hourglass for our sand ceremony just over 5 weeks ago. . unfortunately they were very quick to take the money via paypal (that same night) however the customer service is very bad. For every 3 e-mails we send we are lucky to get 1 response and we have made 3 phone calls and have gotten no return phone calls. We leave for our destination wedding on Nov. 11 and have no idea when the hourglass will be ready. . .let alone will even be shipped!!!! I will give you and update next week to let you know if we even get it. You would think with the amount of money you pay for an hourglass they would have good customer service!!!! We are starting to worry that it might not even be a legit company.

Congrats on your engagement!!

#6 bholthof

bholthof
            • Banned
            • 323 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:04 AM

ooohhhh I really, really want one of those - but they are so expensive!! I don't know if I can justify it ... and after reading what Hoopchic said, idk if I want to order from them...

I also really like the sand ceremony frame. Thats neat too.
              21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

#7 Peachy~Girl

Peachy~Girl
              • 173 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:39 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Hoopchic
                Hi Peachy~Girl

We ordered an hourglass for our sand ceremony just over 5 weeks ago. . unfortunately they were very quick to take the money via paypal (that same night) however the customer service is very bad. For every 3 e-mails we send we are lucky to get 1 response and we have made 3 phone calls and have gotten no return phone calls. We leave for our destination wedding on Nov. 11 and have no idea when the hourglass will be ready. . .let alone will even be shipped!!!! I will give you and update next week to let you know if we even get it. You would think with the amount of money you pay for an hourglass they would have good customer service!!!! We are starting to worry that it might not even be a legit company.

Congrats on your engagement!!

Wow thanks!!! Yeah those hourglass cost too much not to be able to get in contact with them. I still love the idea so I guess I need to start looking for another hourglass provider!

Thanks again!

#8 bholthof

bholthof
                • Banned
                • 323 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:04 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Peachy~Girl
                  Wow thanks!!! Yeah those hourglass cost too much not to be able to get in contact with them. I still love the idea so I guess I need to start looking for another hourglass provider!

Thanks again!
                  If you find one, let me know... I've been searching and can't find one Can't even find them on Ebay....
                  21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

#9 egsarah

egsarah
                  • 355 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 01:28 PM

I LOOOVED these too but couldn't convince FI to spend that much money on our sand ceremony. We are doing a frame.

Sorry to hear that they are being so non responsive!!

#10 marny61

marny61
                    • 165 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:17 PM

Haven't seen the hourglass before but an excellent idea - thanks for the info on the vendor issue. That is one huge advantage of this forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users