Morning wedding

Hi everyone! I already have a date booked but just found out that our departure date has been moved up one day. This means we get to Punta Cana on a Saturday and get married on the Tuesday. Originally we were arriving on Sunday and getting married on the Tuesday. As soon as I was informed I asked the wedding coordinator if there was availability on the Monday. There is availability on Monday but only in the morning.

I would like your opinion on a morning wedding (I didn't get a confirmation of what time yet, still waiting on an answer). Do you think it's a good idea? Won't it be hot? Our original wedding date is 3pm.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

I would not have wanted a morning wedding for a few reasons:

There is not much of a breeze in the morning and early afternoon, which is a lifesaver in such a hot location. And the sun will feel super strong, making everyone even hotter.

There will be more people out n about in the morning hours that might get too close or end up being in your pictures. It is def more private later in the day I would think (depends on wedding location)

The guests will kinda be left hanging, no? I guess not really because they can just change and hang out on the beach or whatever, but its a little strange to me.

However, one positive is that the sun will be directly overhead and make the water as blue as can be for your pics and video!!

Michelle

I got married a couple of weeks ago, at PPC at 3pm and it was HOT, but still comfortable. When I was at the resort I saw a few weddings, and they tended to be around 5pm.. I remember the weather at 11am being around the same temperature as 3pm, but it did tend to rain sometimes in the morning around 10am but this was August so not sure if it is the same year round.. I think it would be fine to have a wedding at 11am as long as your guests are all staying at your hotel... That way they'll have some time to relax in their rooms in between the cocktail hr and dinner reception

• 2 weeks later...

For the wedding time, it usually depends on what they have available. What ever time is selected, I'm sure your wedding will be great for a lot of other reasons rather than the time of day you got married.

My only concern would be that I was under the impression that you had to be in the DR for a certain number of days before you could legally get married there. Something to check out.

I think that i too would check out how much time you have to be in the country for the marriage to be legal. I also think that having the wedding in the morning with the reception at night would be too much time in between the ceremony and reception. I think I would also be concerned about location and how busy that location is at that time of the day. You also have to think of what your guest would do in between. Do they really want to get ready for the wedding twice? Do you really want to take up their whole day. Most of it with waiting around? If you do have a morning wedding, maybe check into having an earlier reception.

I personally perfer the later time as I don't want to be rushed in any way and don't want to have to get up at the crack of dawn to get ready. I want a long and liesurally day so that I can enjoy as much of it as I can. But thats just me!?! And prolong it as much as I can. LOL

I totally agree with itsfinallyhere. Your guests entire day will be spent waiting between your events which could appear unorganized and to me impressions matter. Second, you might want to come up with a timeline of events for yourself for that day, for example, Massage, Hair, Pre-ceremony pictures getting ready, etc... that would mean you have to get up really early, so you may want to think about that as well. You should be able to feel relaxed on your day and not rushed.

Our wedding is scheduled for 5:30pm sunset because all of the forums I have checked out have said that it is really hot during the day and also can be hard to get good pictures if everyone is squinting from the sunlight being to bright. I also feel like I want the wedding to lead into a party so having a later reception around 7pm is ideal for us. BUT that's just me...

Good luck with your decision!

I think since your doing a DW it doesn't matter in the end! everyone is there to have a good time and see you get married no matter the time, I think everyone has good points, the bad and the good, but I think this is the case for any time slot. I wanted to get married around 4-5pm but I got 2:30. I was a little stressed at first, but then realized there was nothing I could do.. so just enjoy we are going away! smile29.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinkar View Post
caribbean lover,
We were also looking for a 4:00 p.m. wedding ceremony but the only time slot left was 2:00 p.m.
What are you planning on doing between the ceremony and the reception.
Good question, one I that had been planning in my head for weeks, so I said at first that people would have 'free time' if they wanted to change back into their swimsuits or whatever, they could do that. Then make a time like an hour before dinner to meet at a bar for cocktails. Then the MOH told me we couldn't do that, it's a wedding! lol so we came up with: The ceremony will be until 3 after all the signing is done. Then there is pictures.. let's say for an hour. All the guest will want to take pictures too. And I'll add them in some. Then we have cocktails that is included in the wedding package. We will then head over to a bar it should be around 4:30 now. I had an idea to have a few wedding games go one between 4:30 and 6,which then dinner will start.
sound ok?