Photo

February 2010 brides

• Please log in to reply
2780 replies to this topic

#71 TeNeil

TeNeil
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:28 PM

I found dress shopping kind of fun and it went way faster than I thought. I didn't fall for any of the dresses until I tired on "the one." After that, I found one other that was a competitor, but as soon as I tried on my original favorite.....I swiped the credit card!!
    My dress is made by Pronovias.....M.M. something. I'm not sure of the style name but it is kind of a trumpet style. I will post pics in January when I get my hands on my dress.
    Thanks for all your kind words and support!

#72 SusieQ

SusieQ
    • 1,603 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:35 PM

Teneil, congrats and check that big thing off your list... looking forward to seeing the pics.

#73 Meyer2010

Meyer2010
      • 429 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:05 AM

Can't wait to see the pics!

#74 a_bailly

a_bailly
        • 14 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:46 AM

I too am going veil less! To me its kind of an old tradition i guess. Or maybe I'm just not into it! My dress shopping experience was painful! I probably went to 8 different shops and tried on dress after dress. Just couldn't find the right one, but I did find it at my last attempt!! Its very flowy and perfect for Cancun!

So...just wondering who on here has done DIY centerpeices and what did you do? I am looking for ideas on doing them in Cancun but am a little nervous not knowing what I will be able to find for vases, etc. I was thinking a trip to Walmart to find vases and then have flowers delivered. Any thoughts or ideas??

#75 SusieQ

SusieQ
          • 1,603 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:32 AM

Centerpieces, I have purchased small square white plates that I will pour decorative sand on with a 6" pillar candle in our colour Aqua blue and with seashells around in the sand. Simple easy to transport and very cheap to make. I bought shells & plates from Dollar Rama, and candles from Walmart. Each centerpiece cost about $12.00, candle costing $9.00 the most expensive. I should have taken a pic of the demo, everyone that came to my house and seen it, loved it. Good luck in your planning...

#76 Meyer2010

Meyer2010
            • 429 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:57 PM

Nice touch! Very easy to transport too! I think I'm going to ask the WC at my resort if they have centerpieces. That way I won't have to transport them down there!

#77 Laura22610

Laura22610
              • 468 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:27 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by SusieQ
                Centerpieces, I have purchased small square white plates that I will pour decorative sand on with a 6" pillar candle in our colour Aqua blue and with seashells around in the sand. Simple easy to transport and very cheap to make. I bought shells & plates from Dollar Rama, and candles from Walmart. Each centerpiece cost about $12.00, candle costing $9.00 the most expensive. I should have taken a pic of the demo, everyone that came to my house and seen it, loved it. Good luck in your planning...
                Those sound great! Great idea! I haven't even thought of this. I am so worried about how much stuff I am going to end up trying to bring to Mexico! Where am I going to put it all? I am an over-packer as it is :)

Well, I got my dress back in August. I had fun trying on dresses but it was a little stressful too. I went to one shop because I saw a dress in a magazine that I loved and they had it there. When I tried it on, I loved it but it was taffeta and I was so hot in it - it was sticking to me! I thought that probably wouldn't be a great idea for Mexico :) So, I tried on about 7 or 8 more dresses and found one that I loved just as much! I can't wait to get it!

#78 a_bailly

a_bailly
                • 14 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:22 PM

Did you buy all the stuff in the US and then bring it down? I was thinking of actually doing the DIY centerpeices while down in Cancun that way I wouldn't have to worry about transporting. Any thoughts on that idea?

#79 SusieQ

SusieQ
                  • 1,603 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:10 PM

I have bought my stuff here because my experience with Mexico is there isn't very much stuff there to work. There is a few stores in Playa De Carmen not much though. I am traveling "Air Canada" we're allowed 100lbs each so i am not too worried. Could you have friends and family bring some of this stuff down for you.... Just an Idea...

#80 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
                    • 266 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:45 PM

Im lucky I have my three kids coming with FI and I lol so each child gets 2 bags at 50 lbs each. yay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users