Jump to content

Photo

February 2010 brides


  • Please log in to reply
2780 replies to this topic

#21 Krista_H

Krista_H
  • Jr. Member
  • 428 posts

    Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:50 PM

    Hey I'm Feb 18th as well - very cool!!

    We're getting married in Curacao. I have quite a bit done for the AHR (which is 2 months after the wedding), but not a lot for the actual wedding. ha ha

    I have ordered my dress (takes about 5 months) Wedding dresses and designer bridal gowns by Sophia Tolli - View the Collection in the white and blue colour
    Girls have their dresses ordered (4 months they tell me)
    We have ordered material samples from Studiosuits for FI and have an idea of what I want the groomsman to wear.
    Have Photog (friend of mine who is also coming to the wedding)
    DJ
    Hall (food, etc)
    We've gone looking at rings - I know what I want, but FI hasn't found anything he likes yet.

    For the wedding - everyone has put down their deposit and I have a date picked. I'm working on all the documentation they need and need to get that to them 3 months in advance.

    I'm doing quite a few DIY projects and it seems like everytime I come on there's a new idea of something else I think would be really cool.

    #22 shellk

    shellk
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,784 posts

      Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:39 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Christie
      Hello Ladies,

      I am getting married on February 10, 2010 at the Occidental Grand Xcaret... If any of you can offer any advice I would appreciate it! Have not picked dress, shoes, photographer, hair/makeup yet so it appears that I still have a LOT to do!!
      Thx,Christie
      hi,
      i think your first job is to get a some appointments made at dress shops for trying on lots of dresses.if you want to order one you are pushing it a little.

      then photographer are you using an outside photographer at the resort?if so you may need to get one booked however if you are using the photographer that the resort uses you will be fine.

      keep us updated

      #23 shellk

      shellk
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,784 posts

        Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:16 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by kristaheer
        Hey I'm Feb 18th as well - very cool!!

        We're getting married in Curacao. I have quite a bit done for the AHR (which is 2 months after the wedding), but not a lot for the actual wedding. ha ha

        I have ordered my dress (takes about 5 months) Wedding dresses and designer bridal gowns by Sophia Tolli - View the Collection in the white and blue colour
        Girls have their dresses ordered (4 months they tell me)
        We have ordered material samples from Studiosuits for FI and have an idea of what I want the groomsman to wear.
        Have Photog (friend of mine who is also coming to the wedding)
        DJ
        Hall (food, etc)
        We've gone looking at rings - I know what I want, but FI hasn't found anything he likes yet.

        For the wedding - everyone has put down their deposit and I have a date picked. I'm working on all the documentation they need and need to get that to them 3 months in advance.

        I'm doing quite a few DIY projects and it seems like everytime I come on there's a new idea of something else I think would be really cool.
        hi,
        where is curacao is it cuba?your dress is beautiful.we have most things sorted for the ahr too.its handy that you friend is a photographer.we are going to get our rings next month then that is it except for paying the balance of the wedding off in november.yikes

        #24 Krista_H

        Krista_H
        • Jr. Member
        • 428 posts

          Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:01 AM

          No Curacao is it's own island beside Aruba. We wanted to go somewhere different for our wedding. We gave out a brochure with our invite and it had a map on it so our guests knew where they were going ha ha ha

          It's VERY handy to have a friend as a photographer. When were were first looking I was looking at local photographers and they can get very expensive. We lucked out that she was taking vacation at the exact same time we were planning.

          #25 mwcfarms

          mwcfarms
          • Jr. Member
          • 266 posts

            Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:51 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Christie
            Hello Ladies,

            I am getting married on February 10, 2010 at the Occidental Grand Xcaret... If any of you can offer any advice I would appreciate it! Have not picked dress, shoes, photographer, hair/makeup yet so it appears that I still have a LOT to do!!
            Thx,Christie
            Christie you need to pick a dress darling lol I had to buy off the rack because the one I fell inlove with wouldnt be here in time from Spain or some nonsense. Lucky for me it was brand new no one else had even tried it on.

            My update, ordered my TTD, bridesmaids dresses should be here next week. Booked a photographer got some minimal decorations for Mexico and found his ring. I accomplished a lot last week. STD's are done and will go out on Monday to the other people we wanted to invite. Everyone else is already booked. Booked a Caterer for AHR, now to find a DJ. I am doing not too bad I think. Hehe.

            #26 shellk

            shellk
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,784 posts

              Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:32 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by kristaheer
              No Curacao is it's own island beside Aruba. We wanted to go somewhere different for our wedding. We gave out a brochure with our invite and it had a map on it so our guests knew where they were going ha ha ha

              It's VERY handy to have a friend as a photographer. When were were first looking I was looking at local photographers and they can get very expensive. We lucked out that she was taking vacation at the exact same time we were planning.
              sorry.that sounds great.its a good thing about the map so you did,nt get anyone silly like me.you will have to let me know what it was like in 5mths time.we like going to nice different places.we did price up aruba a couple of years ago but it was a little expensive.

              #27 shellk

              shellk
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,784 posts

                Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:37 PM

                My update, ordered my TTD, bridesmaids dresses should be here next week. Booked a photographer got some minimal decorations for Mexico and found his ring. I accomplished a lot last week. STD's are done and will go out on Monday to the other people we wanted to invite. Everyone else is already booked. Booked a Caterer for AHR, now to find a DJ. I am doing not too bad I think. Hehe.[/QUOTE]

                well well have,nt you been a busy lady.we went and got the fi,s shoes this week and he also got some holiday clothes. i don,t know about you guys but we just realised that the shops only have the last bits of summer (the crap) stuff left in the sales.when it comes to jan/feb i think we will struggle.but saying that most of you guys come some sunnier places hehe.

                are all of you guys doing ttd?i wanted to either ttd or boudoir and i went for boudoir thinking that would be the fi,s present as well.

                #28 Laura22610

                Laura22610
                • Jr. Member
                • 468 posts

                  Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:10 AM

                  Hi everyone,

                  I am getting married Feb 26, 2010 at Dreams Riviera Cancun. I have my dress, bridesmaids dresses, a place for my AHR in April, and working on invitations this weekend and hopefully sending them out on Wednesday :) I am making them myself so hopefully all goes as planned! I am also trying to decide what to do about a photographer - use the one that comes with package or find someone else... Lots to do!!!

                  #29 shellk

                  shellk
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,784 posts

                    Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:19 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Laura22610
                    Hi everyone,

                    I am getting married Feb 26, 2010 at Dreams Riviera Cancun. I have my dress, bridesmaids dresses, a place for my AHR in April, and working on invitations this weekend and hopefully sending them out on Wednesday :) I am making them myself so hopefully all goes as planned! I am also trying to decide what to do about a photographer - use the one that comes with package or find someone else... Lots to do!!!
                    hi laura,
                    sounds like you have got lots of things sorted too.hope you are as excited as we are.

                    how did the invitations go did you manage to get them done?post us a pic so we can see them.

                    have you looked into the package photographer?i would try and find out who it is and check them out.even do a search on here im sure that someone has already discussed it.i think it saves you a job by looking for one if the resort one is ok.also at your resort do you have to pay for an outside vendor?what do you get in your package regarding the photographer?

                    #30 Laura22610

                    Laura22610
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 468 posts

                      Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:30 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by shellk
                      hi laura,
                      sounds like you have got lots of things sorted too.hope you are as excited as we are.

                      how did the invitations go did you manage to get them done?post us a pic so we can see them.

                      have you looked into the package photographer?i would try and find out who it is and check them out.even do a search on here im sure that someone has already discussed it.i think it saves you a job by looking for one if the resort one is ok.also at your resort do you have to pay for an outside vendor?what do you get in your package regarding the photographer?
                      I am very excited...February can't come soon enough! :) I am almost done the invitations. They took a little longer than expected to finish but I am going to send them out on Friday. I will post pics when they are done!

                      I have looked into the package photographer and I have heard really mixed reviews about one of them and I can't even find any information on the other. I think I pretty much decided that I will find somebody on my own. I just emailed the wedding coordinator and she said I can bring in an outside vendor. Now I am just waiting to hear if I have to pay. I think good pictures are worth it though :)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users