Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#8841 LindseyM

LindseyM
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

My fiance got them really nice book bags with their last names embroidered on them.  He is also paying for the registration to a mud run for all of them since they loved doing those things together.

Originally Posted by NJ2012 

any ideas on groomsmen gifts?

we are the 6th wedding of our friends and everything has just about been done... flask, watch, sunglasses, mugs, etc... wanted a cool idea and also something that is easy to travel with...

any input helps!

thanks

#8842 NJ2012

NJ2012
    • 73 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by LindseyM 

My fiance got them really nice book bags with their last names embroidered on them.  He is also paying for the registration to a mud run for all of them since they loved doing those things together.

good idea!

thanks!

#8843 NJ2012

NJ2012
      • 73 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

Kevin and I are getting married at town hall a few days before we leave for Mexico.  We're bringing our parents and signing the papers but are not exchanging rings.  We probably won't even take vows.  We shouldn't need anything to go to Mexico that we wouldn't normally need.  Passport.  People won't know we're recently married and my name won't be changed yet.  We may or may not bring the marriage certificate but I don't think the resort cares if it's a symbolic ceremony.  Hope this helped!

ok this sounds good, we can go to town hall a few days before just to make it official, go to mexico, walk down the aisle symbolically, then come home and exchange vows in church!

has anyone officially contacted the resort to make sure we do not need to bring any documentation?

#8844 JustNoelle

JustNoelle
        • 271 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mariposaazul 

I was told no outside DJ was allowed. I think i am going to settle for an ipod, my group is only 30 plp.

That's a bummer! I am really concerned about the DJ being able to play and understand how to mix "my style" of music. My family is originally from Jamaica. I'm pretty sure their DJ would not be familiar with that style of music (I did not want to get married in Jamaica... Too many of my cousins have gotten married there already . I was considering having my cousin (who DJs) DJ. That all depends on if he can make it or not. I hope that the "no outside DJ" rule does not apply.

#8845 JustNoelle

JustNoelle
          • 271 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by tiffany0613 

I am trying to decide between my DJ options, and yes you do have at least one option!  Lorena advised me that their options are: "onsite DJ is 

OK GUYS WE NEED HELP!!!

we, like most of us, are doing the symbolic ceremony- since it is way easier.

what i need to know is WHEN ARE YOU GETTING LEGALLY MARRIED?

what documents do they need when we go to Mexico?

are you going to town hall/your church a few days before Mexico or a month before?

we have been going back and forth about this for a while. but we know its easier to get the info from the professionals on this board then the people at dreams!

thanks...

respond here or email me!

joda724@gmail.com

To my knowledge, once you opt for a symbolic ceremony, they do not ask for any legal documents. I don't even think they are concerned when and if your ever plan on getting legally married.

We plan on getting legally married at our City Hall the day before we leave for Mexico (that day is the actual day we met). So we figured the day will still be special for us even though we are acknowledging our "wedding" day as our actual anniversary.

#8846 WPGBride

WPGBride
            • 203 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dominique 161 

Thanks for the info... Dont think i will be having my recepton on the beach, sounds very windy

Do you have any pictures of your seaside grill reception?

Hmm suprisingly I don't have any good pictures of the reception at Seaside Grill that show off the space, which is not too suprising since I wasn't satisfied with my table set up anyways.

150096_10150823203266471_570701470_9921284_244402153_n.jpg

This is the best I could find. If any of my guests have one I'll put it up when I get it.

#8847 WPGBride

WPGBride
              • 203 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

We are bringing silk flowers down in a month and a half!  Can you tell me how you packed them?  They are the one thing I am very nervous about.

I put them in my carry on and was a bit worried, but once we got to our room they were fine. I just rearranged any flowers stems that might have been pushed to the side. So they were fine I wouldn't worry about it at all !

#8848 Dominique 161

Dominique 161
                • 236 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by WPGBride 

Hmm suprisingly I don't have any good pictures of the reception at Seaside Grill that show off the space, which is not too suprising since I wasn't satisfied with my table set up anyways.

150096_10150823203266471_570701470_9921284_244402153_n.jpg

This is the best I could find. If any of my guests have one I'll put it up when I get it.

Thats great, Thank you. :)

#8849 LindseyM

LindseyM
                  • 380 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by WPGBride 

I put them in my carry on and was a bit worried, but once we got to our room they were fine. I just rearranged any flowers stems that might have been pushed to the side. So they were fine I wouldn't worry about it at all !

How was customs when they inspected your carry on?  Did they question the flowers?

#8850 tiffany0613

tiffany0613
                    • 39 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

So I'm kind of bummed.  We have been in talks with a travel agent to block some rooms for our wedding next April.  When we started the agreement Dreams had not yet released April 2013 prices, so our TA was able to quote us 2012 prices for next year.  We were expecting the rates to go down for our wedding since 2012 price was Easter and it won't be in 2013.  

Well, they finally released 2013 prices and to our surprise they went up.  A LOT!  Our agent was shocked too.  We hadn't signed the agreement yet or paid.  Luckily for us we used a good agent who was able to still use our agreement and we still locked in the 2012 price.  She did add a clause that if the prices go down or a promo is offered they will lower our rates.

So if any of you are procrastinating blocking rooms I suggest you do it quickly!  At least the price you lock won't go up.   I just wanted to share our experience with you :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users