Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#8821 JustNoelle

JustNoelle
  • 271 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

I am planning to use Del Sol. I emailed Lorena asking if I can substitute the photography included in our package for something else but like you said, I don't expect an answer anytime soon. Hopefully they will allow me to substitute. If not, I will most likely use the photo "package" (since I believe its only 1 hour you get) for our honeymoon dinner on the beach and maybe a stroll on the beach.

There are a few items in the package I wish to substitute for something else (ie, the wedding flags, makeup, video, photos). Has anyone had any luck substituting the items in their package???

Originally Posted by tiffany0613 

Are any of you planning on using Juan Navarro or another approved photographer for your pictures?  He provided me with different package list than Dreams had originally.  I'm wondering what happens to the pictures and album that we are supposed to receive with the ultimate package if we decide to use Juan?  I've emailed our coordinator, Lorena, about it, but I'm not expecting an answer anytime soon...

#8822 tiffany0613

tiffany0613
    • 39 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

I've seen a few people ask about table sizes and this is the info I just received from Lorena:

*What size are the tables for the reception? The round tables are 1.84 meters/ diameters

* what size and shape would the bride and groom’s sweetheart table be?185 centimeters

The size is:

table size.png

*What types of chairs do you have?  In the packages are included 2: the garden chairs and the chairs with white covers (see the attached). The extras we have the tiffany chairs (white, gold, silver, black) and bamboo chairs and acrylic chairs.

#8823 JustNoelle

JustNoelle
      • 271 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

This is great!!! Thank you for posting!! 

I've seen a few people ask about table sizes and this is the info I just received from Lorena:

*What size are the tables for the reception? The round tables are 1.84 meters/ diameters

* what size and shape would the bride and groom’s sweetheart table be?185 centimeters

The size is:

table size.png

*What types of chairs do you have?  In the packages are included 2: the garden chairs and the chairs with white covers (see the attached). The extras we have the tiffany chairs (white, gold, silver, black) and bamboo chairs and acrylic chairs.

#8824 AshMarie

AshMarie
        • 17 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

Just got back yesterday from mexico! Everything was better than I could have imagined. Yamina was wonderful to work with. Here is the link to my shutterfly site where I uploaded all of my pictures. Santiago from adventure photos was our photographer. http://drewp.shutter...m/pictures/1522

Where dId you get your sashes? I've been searching for the right color turquoise and your color is exactly what I've been looking for!

#8825 Corio342

Corio342
          • 22 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

Love your dress, you looked stunning. I also loved your centerpieces, where you got them?

Thanks! The flowers I got at michaels, the placemats from crate and barrel, and the lanterns I found online. I don't remember the specific site but if you search for white scroll lanterns, a bunch of places have them!

#8826 Corio342

Corio342
            • 22 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

hmmm.... I may do the cupcake thing instead! I luv it! geat idea! Where did you get your sashes from?

Sashes are from weddinglinensdirect.com

#8827 AshMarie

AshMarie
              • 17 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

Sashes are from weddinglinensdirect.com

Are they the satin Jade color on weddinglinensdirect?

#8828 Mariposaazul

Mariposaazul
                • Site Supporter
                • 52 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by tiffany0613 

Are any of you planning on using Juan Navarro or another approved photographer for your pictures?  He provided me with different package list than Dreams had originally.  I'm wondering what happens to the pictures and album that we are supposed to receive with the ultimate package if we decide to use Juan?  I've emailed our coordinator, Lorena, about it, but I'm not expecting an answer anytime soon...

I am using victor herrera. But I am still using the pictures in the love package.

#8829 Mariposaazul

Mariposaazul
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 52 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by JustNoelle 

I am planning to use Del Sol. I emailed Lorena asking if I can substitute the photography included in our package for something else but like you said, I don't expect an answer anytime soon. Hopefully they will allow me to substitute. If not, I will most likely use the photo "package" (since I believe its only 1 hour you get) for our honeymoon dinner on the beach and maybe a stroll on the beach.

There are a few items in the package I wish to substitute for something else (ie, the wedding flags, makeup, video, photos). Has anyone had any luck substituting the items in their package???

What vendor fee are they charging you to bring in Del Sol. They asked me to pay $250 to bring Victor Herrera, which I find outrageous. I just want to make sure they are being consistance with their fees.

#8830 JustNoelle

JustNoelle
                    • 271 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mariposaazul 

What vendor fee are they charging you to bring in Del Sol. They asked me to pay $250 to bring Victor Herrera, which I find outrageous. I just want to make sure they are being consistance with their fees.

I had inquired about that in my questionnaire email. I guess because my wedding is the furthest away they haven't gotten back to me. Hopefully it isn't as outrageous as your quote. But I will see. When my WC answers me I would let you know.

Also, are you using the resort's DJ. I was told that in order to use an outside DJ, I would have to pay for their room (for 1 night). Now that I think is ridiculous! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users