Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#6931 chula201

chula201
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:25 AM

Hello ladies, as most of you know I am getting married on June 24, 2012 and my WC is Ana.  I have had no direct contact with her (by choice) as my TA has been the contact ( she seems to respond extremely quickly to her).  I don't know if any of you gals are getting a DJ for the both the ceremony/reception but I contacted a local DJ and for 5 hours of music he charges $600 and an additional $150 for the ceremony (optional) .  Check out www.discomovilcancun.com.  I think this price is awesome considering that DRC is charging $800-900 for 5 hours not including the ceremony.  This local DJ will also provided 64 LED lighting to be used however we want, im thinking to light up the dance floor.   Also, i find it much cheaper to travel with ALL your decorations including bouquets rather than using the resorts which I think are a bit overpriced.  Ebay and etsy have some amazing artists.  I am also working on getting a fireworks display and have contacted several local vendors, I will keep you all advised.  Finally, I found an artist on ebay for my cake topper which is going to be my hubby and I in whatever pose we want, all he needs is a front and side pictures.  Super excited about this.  Yayyyyyy

#6932 chula201

chula201
    • 18 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:54 AM

okay so a follow up to my previous post.  I was again contacted by Ricardo at discomovilcancun since I had asked him if it would be possible to use him for the ceremony, cocktail and reception for the $600 fee (5 hours) since i believe the receptions at DRC are only 3 hours???  He said this would certainly be fine however they all would need to be at the same location otherwise he would charge $100 for the change in location/set up fee. I still think he's prices are great compared to DRC's DJ's.  I read some GREAT reviews about his work and super excited to work with him.  its an initial deposition of $100 via paypal and he will then provide you with the contract.  He also does a site inspection with the WC prior to the wedding and bride's arrival to make scope out the location/site.  He also provides karaoke machines and lighted dance floor for the same price.  OMG so excited.

#6933 NJ2012

NJ2012
      • 73 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:47 AM

If someone could please forward me the fireworks PDF joda724@gmail.com Thanks

#6934 dimplesandsuga

dimplesandsuga
        • 154 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:24 AM

Send me an email and I'lll reply with the attachment courud7346@gmail.com

Originally Posted by sweetmelissaann 

I would love to see the pdf for the fireworks!

#6935 dimplesandsuga

dimplesandsuga
          • 154 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:26 AM

Sure!  What's your email. I'm May 12!

Originally Posted by Cheepers 

Hi there,

Getting married May 15 and would looooove a fireworks display...could you send me the PDF too?  Thx!

#6936 dimplesandsuga

dimplesandsuga
            • 154 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:33 AM

This sounds great!  Much cheaper than the other guy DRC recommends. However, has the resort approved him and are they going to let the outside vendor fee fly by?

Originally Posted by chula201 

okay so a follow up to my previous post.  I was again contacted by Ricardo at discomovilcancun since I had asked him if it would be possible to use him for the ceremony, cocktail and reception for the $600 fee (5 hours) since i believe the receptions at DRC are only 3 hours???  He said this would certainly be fine however they all would need to be at the same location otherwise he would charge $100 for the change in location/set up fee. I still think he's prices are great compared to DRC's DJ's.  I read some GREAT reviews about his work and super excited to work with him.  its an initial deposition of $100 via paypal and he will then provide you with the contract.  He also does a site inspection with the WC prior to the wedding and bride's arrival to make scope out the location/site.  He also provides karaoke machines and lighted dance floor for the same price.  OMG so excited.

#6937 dimplesandsuga

dimplesandsuga
              • 154 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:42 AM

Hey everyone!

Ok, so regarding the fireworks. I've contacted te vendor and they are in the process of contacting DRC to be added to the vendor list and find out the requirements for the resort, but the lady said it should be fine because there is nothing around the resort that would hinder a nice show. I've also asked that, if enough of us inquire, can she create a bridal package, something nice, beautiful and AFFORDABLE!  No one wants to pay a ton of $$$ for 3 minutes of boom.  So I'm waiting for a response and I'll let you all know what she says.

#6938 cbandemer

cbandemer
                • 213 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:21 PM

HOW MUCH IS THE OUTSIDE VENDOR FEE??

Originally Posted by dimplesandsuga 

This sounds great!  Much cheaper than the other guy DRC recommends. However, has the resort approved him and are they going to let the outside vendor fee fly by?

#6939 ssapper

ssapper
                  • 182 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:33 PM

I'd also love to know what the outside vendor fee is and if anyone has had problems with DRC and outside vendors. We have an outside photographer and while i was able to get permission to use her in writing from Ana im nervous im going to have problems once we're actually there!!! Thanks girls!

#6940 Corio342

Corio342
                    • 22 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:25 PM

dimplesandsuga

could you send me the pdf as well? :) corio342@yahoo.com thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users