Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#4891 t1219

t1219
  • 310 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:35 AM

Does anyone know if you can order off of the menu for a rehearsal dinner? I have heard that you have to make a selection off the menu but that is ridiculous as it is an all-inclusive resort and you have to pay for the rehearsal dinner!!

#4892 ashleybyers

ashleybyers
    • 41 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:23 AM

Stoff- Awww! We will be at the resort the same time we are flying down March 2nd -11th. Yea, the only thing we have done is pay for the down payment and that is it. We sent out our save the date but, still do not have an offical head count. We have a lot of guests who say they are coming but, have yet to book. I can't believe it is not that far away and I feel stressed that I'm not even sure how many people are coming.

If you make a trip to the resort let me know how it goes!

#4893 t1219

t1219
      • 310 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:50 AM

Okay I spoke with Ana today and she is very nice : ) I look forward to working with her!!!!!!

For the rehearsal dinner it is $15 usd +11% tax and 15% service charge per person (for a non-private event). For a private event it is $30 usd +11% and 15%. You CAN order off the menu!

#4894 sherifeb2011

sherifeb2011
        • 25 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:50 PM

that is such a rip off!! I am sorry it is!!

#4895 LindsayMichelle

LindsayMichelle
          • 105 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:35 AM

I think I remember someone saying there is a Costco in the area... is that right? If so I'm thinking it might be easier to get some of the OOT bag stuff when we get there than bringing it all done with us. Any of you use the Costco or similar store nearby the resort?? Thanks!

#4896 Planner1Events

Planner1Events
            • 140 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:43 AM

hello LindsayMichelle!

yes there is a Costco in Cancun, but it would take like 30 minutes driving from the Hotel. Maybe the best options is a Sams next to Cumbres Residences in your way to Cancun. It would take 20 minutes from the hotel...

Kindly regards

Gabi

#4897 LAURERN1564

LAURERN1564
              • 60 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:59 AM

Hello Ladies,

Few questions...

what is the best restaurant to have everyone meet at and possibly sit together without having to pay???

Does anyone know how long with have the resort photographer for?

What are the size of the tables at the reception to get the organza overlays for? 

#4898 Stoff

Stoff
                • 24 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:30 AM

I will definitely let you know how it goes.  I think when people get their invites they think they are going to come but we haven't had a lot of people book yet either. My own brother hasn't even booked!    Lots of hand holding when it comes to the family booking, I'm going a little crazy!  I listed a travel agent on our save the dates & we are still getting phone calls for us to book people, not happening.  lol  I feel like we should have Way more nailed down by now but I have decided not to stress.  lol   Try to stay in touch, I feel better that someone else is going to be there the same time we are.  Michelle  stoff91@yahoo.com

#4899 beachbridemay12

beachbridemay12
                  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:24 PM

Can any of you brides that has been to Dreams Cancun tell me what the disco is like at Dreams?  Is it fun do they play american music there at all?

#4900 Chelsey & Travis

Chelsey & Travis
                    • 96 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by beachbridemay12 

Can any of you brides that has been to Dreams Cancun tell me what the disco is like at Dreams?  Is it fun do they play american music there at all?

They play all kinds of music, and sometimes have theme nights (hip-hop, 70s, etc.).  They have a DJ there, who also takes requests.  It is fun if you bring a group and make it fun.  It wasn't ever very busy when we were there...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users