Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#1791 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
  • Jr. Member
  • 224 posts

    Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:51 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jfazzina
    We went down Jan 31st.... I am a BIT STRESSED! Did Ana tell any of you that they were moving the wedding site to the opposite side of the beach where the kayacks were She told us they were and NOW she just wrote an email saying mgmt didnt approve the change WHAT? She told us that it was already in the works! I would have never booked if we knew this? I have already had people starting to book ... Please tell me she told you all the same thing HELP! im so fustrated! I dont want to get married on a beach RIGHT NEXT TO A BAR AND SWINGS! She even went as far to say that they were cleaning up the space that had shrubs that were on the side of the hotel. She is saying we MISUNDERSTOOD HER! I was with a another bride and our Fiance's and we ALL didnt make it up!? I am PRAYING that this will be cleared up with an email to the manager of the resort. Clearly there is a HUGE Misunderstanding!!
    Well yes- she told me this. I had talked with her a couple of months ago about my stress (and other peoples that I heard about) regarding the location of the beach wedding- and the privacy issues. she told me they were working on it and moving it. So, now they are not?? wtf. I cant even get her to email me back though, so atleast you have that. haha

    #1792 beachykeen

    beachykeen
    • Newbie
    • 109 posts

      Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:45 PM

      More wedding photos. There are some really beautiful places that I haven't seen for some of the shots---like the green garden area! This was posted on the Dreams facebook page:

      Black Dog Studios | Kate & Nick Destination Wedding

      #1793 Megan24

      Megan24
      • Jr. Member
      • 271 posts

        Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:17 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by jfazzina
        We went down Jan 31st.... I am a BIT STRESSED! Did Ana tell any of you that they were moving the wedding site to the opposite side of the beach where the kayacks were She told us they were and NOW she just wrote an email saying mgmt didnt approve the change WHAT? She told us that it was already in the works! I would have never booked if we knew this? I have already had people starting to book ... Please tell me she told you all the same thing HELP! im so fustrated! I dont want to get married on a beach RIGHT NEXT TO A BAR AND SWINGS! She even went as far to say that they were cleaning up the space that had shrubs that were on the side of the hotel. She is saying we MISUNDERSTOOD HER! I was with a another bride and our Fiance's and we ALL didnt make it up!? I am PRAYING that this will be cleared up with an email to the manager of the resort. Clearly there is a HUGE Misunderstanding!!
        She told me and my TA the same thing. She said it was in the works to be moved. I will look for the email if that helps you anything.

        This is starting to get ridiculous.

        #1794 Megan24

        Megan24
        • Jr. Member
        • 271 posts

          Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:22 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by beachykeen
          More wedding photos. There are some really beautiful places that I haven't seen for some of the shots---like the green garden area! This was posted on the Dreams facebook page:

          Black Dog Studios | Kate & Nick Destination Wedding
          I LOVED them thanks for posting them. They seem to have a lot of creative ideas. Like releasing the butterflies.

          I also loved the pic of the ring bearer throwing a fit down the aisle that is going to be my son I just know it. lmao

          #1795 ebernard4985

          ebernard4985
          • Jr. Member
          • 252 posts

            Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:31 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Megan24
            When you say you are getting 115 per person you mean per night for what kind of room?

            I have two people flying from Chicago and the flights I have looked up are outrageous what airlines did you book with??
            Thanks
            It is $155 per night per person in the deluxe garden room. We booked through American Airlines and they are non-stop flights. We are leaving Monday June 14 and return Monday June 21.

            #1796 rdsjcr

            rdsjcr
            • Jr. Member
            • 224 posts

              Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:37 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Megan24
              She told me and my TA the same thing. She said it was in the works to be moved. I will look for the email if that helps you anything.

              This is starting to get ridiculous.
              Ok- I had emailed back and forth with Ana regarding the "privacy issues" back in January. I basically just told her my stress and fear and not wanting to get married up on top of other beach goers/bar/bar swings... and that I had heard this complaint from several other brides as well. Here is what was said to me:

              "Robyn, I understand your situation because I am working with you directly, and my job is make you a perfect wedding, how you think I feel that I do not have the perfect area for a more private area? Anyway I am working with the management all the time that I receive a message from the brides asking me this they just tell me that they are working in that, I am not the general manager to decide where I can set up everything I say my suggestion, I right now we have another area we will set up everything for the wedding on January 9th , I will prepare the picture and I will send you if you feel like is not the perfect area that you are looking for let me know."

              So it was never really said that they WERE GOING TO CHANGE It... just that she was working with management. And that they are very aware of complaints.

              #1797 Ashlynn039

              Ashlynn039
              • Jr. Member
              • 355 posts

                Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:53 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by jfazzina
                ASHLYNN & BOO- THE NOVEMBER 2010 BRIDES:

                I know you are getting married before and after me in November. Did you either of you pick a PHOTOGRAPHER I am bringing Nick Carter who has won THE KNOT awards for the past 2 years! He is located in Westchester NY and is very REASONABLE and his work is amazing! Check out NICKCARTERWEDDINGS.COM JUST AN IDEA.. I know someone is going with Erin Medina (she does great work but seems pretty pricey!)

                just a thought to check him out!!

                Janine & Pete November 11th Bride! :o)
                Hi Janine!
                Sorry I wasn't really on here yesterday, I wasn't ignoring you.. promise! But I already booked a photographer - sorry Boo & I both booked with Elizabeth Medina.. but Nick Carter looks amazing as well, I'm sure you'll get great pictures!

                #1798 Ashlynn039

                Ashlynn039
                • Jr. Member
                • 355 posts

                  Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:58 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by rdsjcr
                  Ok- I had emailed back and forth with Ana regarding the "privacy issues" back in January. I basically just told her my stress and fear and not wanting to get married up on top of other beach goers/bar/bar swings... and that I had heard this complaint from several other brides as well. Here is what was said to me:

                  "Robyn, I understand your situation because I am working with you directly, and my job is make you a perfect wedding, how you think I feel that I do not have the perfect area for a more private area? Anyway I am working with the management all the time that I receive a message from the brides asking me this they just tell me that they are working in that, I am not the general manager to decide where I can set up everything I say my suggestion, I right now we have another area we will set up everything for the wedding on January 9th , I will prepare the picture and I will send you if you feel like is not the perfect area that you are looking for let me know."

                  So it was never really said that they WERE GOING TO CHANGE It... just that she was working with management. And that they are very aware of complaints.
                  Yikes.. well let's hope that they stop "working" on changing it and just CHANGE it. I cringe at the thought of having my wedding right next to the bar. And I noticed in the last set of wedding pictures posted (just a few posts up) all of the people with the bright colored towels who were sitting as close as possible to the wedding in order to observe. I don't want that in the background of my photos!

                  #1799 Boo

                  Boo
                  • Member
                  • 785 posts

                    Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:58 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jfazzina
                    ASHLYNN & BOO- THE NOVEMBER 2010 BRIDES:

                    I know you are getting married before and after me in November. Did you either of you pick a PHOTOGRAPHER I am bringing Nick Carter who has won THE KNOT awards for the past 2 years! He is located in Westchester NY and is very REASONABLE and his work is amazing! Check out NICKCARTERWEDDINGS.COM JUST AN IDEA.. I know someone is going with Erin Medina (she does great work but seems pretty pricey!)

                    just a thought to check him out!!

                    Janine & Pete November 11th Bride! :o)
                    Hi sorry I booked my photographer the moment we decided on the date and resort. Funny enough Ashly just booked her photographer as well we both went with Elizabeth Medina - Happy planning!

                    #1800 Boo

                    Boo
                    • Member
                    • 785 posts

                      Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:24 PM

                      Ooops sorry Ashly guess I responded before reading all the comments - a sorta of a double post.

                      In terms of location, if you face DRC the resort is like 3 corners of a box, the previous wedding site (2nd already actually but I think its the first to most of us) is right at tip of the left side (there are pictures about half way back thru the post). This wedding site also doubles as a volleyball court area and is right below where the pictures of this last wedding took place, so they are below the bar. Ana was going to move the wedding site to the end of the right tip of the resort, yes I do believe that is where the kayak's are, but if you ladies go back again just a couple of posts there was a wedding right on the dock, its going to be I believe more in that area, its supposed to be less busy. I think it all comes down to the fact that only the beach front in front of the hotel is theirs, the rest of it is public, or something of that sort, so it has to be on their property so they put it at the very end either right or left. I too hate though that the photographer basically cant look back onto our guests because he or she will be getting too much of the resort. Sorry for the long runt.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users