Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#1201 kymkymkym

kymkymkym
  • Jr. Member
  • 217 posts

    Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:18 PM

    Boo - Apparently the server is going through an upgrade, there are many other people having the same problems - me included! Check out the thread below!

    http://bestdestinati....out-etc-54209/

    #1202 rdsjcr

    rdsjcr
    • Jr. Member
    • 224 posts

      Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:13 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by kymkymkym
      Boo - Apparently the server is going through an upgrade, there are many other people having the same problems - me included! Check out the thread below!

      http://bestdestinati....out-etc-54209/
      Hey Kym-- how do I add a "ticker" to my profile?

      #1203 leighkarem

      leighkarem
      • Newbie
      • 25 posts

        Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:34 PM

        HI, Just so everyone knows i confirmed with ana that if you do not do a cocktail party then you will have a credit towards the dinner. I am having 65 people so the first 20 are included in the dinner and since i'm not having a cocktail party the next 20 guests are only $20 for the dinner. So overall I will only have to pay the full price for the last 25 guests (i know i invited too many people lol). I also confirmed with ana that over 40 people, you have to do buffet--which from the pictures i've seen is very nice...Also if you want bows or table runners, go to weddinglinensdirect.com and just buy the chair bows for 89 cents and have your friends put them on because if not it is 5.00 per chair (rip off). the chairs come wrapped in the white chair coverings for the reception with the ultimate wedding package (not sure about the love package)
        here is pictures from a recent wedding there:DREAMS RIVIERA CANCUN
        Fuschia is my color so I am going to utilize the free white table clothes and then buy the beaded table runners for each table in fuschia from the above website and lay those over each table.

        #1204 t1219

        t1219
        • Jr. Member
        • 310 posts

          Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:54 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by leighkarem
          HI, Just so everyone knows i confirmed with ana that if you do not do a cocktail party then you will have a credit towards the dinner. I am having 65 people so the first 20 are included in the dinner and since i'm not having a cocktail party the next 20 guests are only $20 for the dinner. So overall I will only have to pay the full price for the last 25 guests (i know i invited too many people lol). I also confirmed with ana that over 40 people, you have to do buffet--which from the pictures i've seen is very nice...Also if you want bows or table runners, go to weddinglinensdirect.com and just buy the chair bows for 89 cents and have your friends put them on because if not it is 5.00 per chair (rip off). the chairs come wrapped in the white chair coverings for the reception with the ultimate wedding package (not sure about the love package)
          here is pictures from a recent wedding there:DREAMS RIVIERA CANCUN
          Fuschia is my color so I am going to utilize the free white table clothes and then buy the beaded table runners for each table in fuschia from the above website and lay those over each table.
          Thank you for this info!! This if very helpful:) I'm gonna check out weddinglinensdirect right now!!!

          #1205 Megan24

          Megan24
          • Jr. Member
          • 271 posts

            Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:48 PM

            Hey girls
            I have been out for a while. I guess I was banned. oops.

            Anyways we have 12 rooms filled for the wedding. Everything in a way is kind of falling into place. I am glad the whole travel arrangement part is pretty much over with.

            Glad to see some new people getting married at the Rivera.

            #1206 Megan24

            Megan24
            • Jr. Member
            • 271 posts

              Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:48 PM

              Hey girls
              I have been out for a while. I guess I was banned. oops.

              Anyways we have 12 rooms filled for the wedding. Everything in a way is kind of falling into place. I am glad the whole travel arrangement part is pretty much over with.

              Glad to see some new people getting married at the Rivera.

              #1207 Laura22610

              Laura22610
              • Jr. Member
              • 468 posts

                Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:25 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by leighkarem
                HI, Just so everyone knows i confirmed with ana that if you do not do a cocktail party then you will have a credit towards the dinner. I am having 65 people so the first 20 are included in the dinner and since i'm not having a cocktail party the next 20 guests are only $20 for the dinner. So overall I will only have to pay the full price for the last 25 guests (i know i invited too many people lol). I also confirmed with ana that over 40 people, you have to do buffet--which from the pictures i've seen is very nice...Also if you want bows or table runners, go to weddinglinensdirect.com and just buy the chair bows for 89 cents and have your friends put them on because if not it is 5.00 per chair (rip off). the chairs come wrapped in the white chair coverings for the reception with the ultimate wedding package (not sure about the love package)
                here is pictures from a recent wedding there:DREAMS RIVIERA CANCUN
                Fuschia is my color so I am going to utilize the free white table clothes and then buy the beaded table runners for each table in fuschia from the above website and lay those over each table.
                I also bought chair bows but I got them on ebay. I agree that $5 per chair is a bit ridiculous. I really like those beaded table runners...too bad they don't come in the color that I need! Ana just email me that the price of the centerpieces is $90 each. I have no idea what I am going to do about centerpieces! Does anyone know yet what you are doing for centerpieces?

                Attached Files



                #1208 Chelsey & Travis

                Chelsey & Travis
                • Newbie
                • 96 posts

                  Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:58 PM

                  Thank you so much for posting the pictures of the recent wedding!!! It really helps to visualize things. Does anyone have photos of a wedding at the gazebo?

                  I received some answers from Ana, and I'm not sure if anyone else was waiting waiting with similar questions:

                  -She confirmed that artifical flower boquets were ok to use

                  -If you are just having a low-key reception (I am planning on just having dinner at one of the restaurants), you are free to just show up to one of the restaurants and hope that you can sit relatively close with your guests. They will also hold your cake for you in the kitchen so that you can have it out at your dinner, as long as you pick the site ahead of time.

                  -I also recieved a file with the free boquet options if anyone would like to see them.

                  Hopefully this helps!

                  #1209 ebernard4985

                  ebernard4985
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 252 posts

                    Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:09 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Boo
                    That sounds like fun, who did you book thru? I too like that it is a bit different
                    We are using this company. They had the best rates. It does not include dinner, but they can all have that at the resort, no need to pay for food twice!
                    Sail, swim, snorkel, parasail, and enjoy the Mayan Riviera with Paradise Catamarans. Our private catamaran charters make every outing a memorable event.

                    #1210 kymkymkym

                    kymkymkym
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 217 posts

                      Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:28 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by rdsjcr
                      Hey Kym-- how do I add a "ticker" to my profile?
                      http://bestdestinati....est-here-1489/

                      Check out the link above for adding a Ticker in your Signature - there is a list of websites to get a ticker at and then you put it in your signature box under quick links > edit signature..

                      Hope this helps :)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users