Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#1161 Ashlynn039

Ashlynn039
  • 355 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:18 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boo
    the tables I talked to Ana about sit 8, I think they are the standard ones but maybe confirm with her just to be sure
    Thanks Boo!!

#1162 Ashlynn039

Ashlynn039
    • 355 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:11 PM

Ladies - are you getting married in the wedding gazebo or on the beach? And I'm thinking about the pool deck for my reception but would it be too dark? Do you know what kind of lighting they have near there?

Rdsjcr - I'm thinking of going with Real Touch flowers & have been looking through people's wedding pictures on this site & browsing through wedding pictures by color on The Knot to get inspiration for my flowers & just saving any pictures that look great to me. That way I can send the pictures to the florist

#1163 Boo

Boo
      • 785 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:11 AM

there is a great thread on here about different flowers, I havent pick my out yet, but I have about 10 pictures of what I want, they all start to look about the same (my 'inspiration board' is on there)

here is a link to that flower thread http://bestdestinati....5/index28.html

#1164 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
        • 224 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:24 AM

Thanks so much!!

#1165 Laura22610

Laura22610
          • 468 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:35 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by kymkymkym
            How far in advance did you send out your invitations? and when did you set your RSVP date for? I'm not sure what the general etiquette for this is when it comes to destination weddings!
            We sent out our invitations in the beginning of October and set the RSVP date for December 1. We didn't send out STD's though because we didn't have time since we got engaged in July and didn't pick a destination until September. I am not sure what the etiquette is either! I tried to get them out as quickly as possible. Everyone who is coming was able to book their trips without a problem. I have been wanting to post pics of my invitations. I did them myself (with my mom's help)... :)
            Click the image to open in full size.

#1166 Laura22610

Laura22610
            • 468 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:39 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ashlynn039
              On a side note - are any of you brides planning on moving to a different resort or different area for your honeymoon? My FI wants us to fly someplace completely different for our honeymoon like Jamaica but I'm not sure how easy it would be to get a flight from Cancun there
              We were originally going to fly somewhere totally different for our honeymoon but we decided it would be much easier to just stay in Mexico. We are going to Excellence Riviera for 5 nights after the wedding. I didn't realize when I picked it that it was right next door! Oh well, it will still be nice to go to an adults only resort plus the resort has really good reviews. :)

#1167 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
              • 224 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:33 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Laura22610
                We sent out our invitations in the beginning of October and set the RSVP date for December 1. We didn't send out STD's though because we didn't have time since we got engaged in July and didn't pick a destination until September. I am not sure what the etiquette is either! I tried to get them out as quickly as possible. Everyone who is coming was able to book their trips without a problem. I have been wanting to post pics of my invitations. I did them myself (with my mom's help)... :)

Laura- I love your invitations! My friends mom is going to help me do ours... I just have no idea what I want to do yet. Too many decisions :) haha

#1168 kymkymkym

kymkymkym
                • 217 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:14 PM

Laura! I love your invitations - very very nice!!!

We aren't sending out STD's either - I think we will just send out an invitation that will double as the STD - i'm trying to get them out asap.. most of our friends and family already know our plans so really why not send things out so they can book right away?

#1169 Laura22610

Laura22610
                  • 468 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:02 PM

Has anyone talked to Ana about a rehearsal dinner? What kind of information did she give you? Are you planning on having a private dinner or dinner at one of the restaurants? I am having a really hard time getting an answer from her about a rehearsal dinner.

#1170 Laura22610

Laura22610
                    • 468 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:06 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by kymkymkym
                      Laura! I love your invitations - very very nice!!!

We aren't sending out STD's either - I think we will just send out an invitation that will double as the STD - i'm trying to get them out asap.. most of our friends and family already know our plans so really why not send things out so they can book right away?
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by rdsjcr
                      Laura- I love your invitations! My friends mom is going to help me do ours... I just have no idea what I want to do yet. Too many decisions :) haha
                      Thank you! We also told everyone about our plans before we sent out the invites. All these decisions are hard especially since I am really indecisive!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users