Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#1111 Ashlynn039

Ashlynn039
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:54 PM

I just reached out to photographers that I had seen mentioned previously in this forum since the other ladies were using them to get the estimate for costs. But there doesn't seem to be a list put out by the resort that I know of?

#1112 Laura22610

Laura22610
    • 468 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:48 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by rdsjcr
      I meant to say that I cannot open attachments on here. so annoying- haha!

Anyhow- For the people that are closer to their dates, should I be stressing that I have NOTHING done for my wedding... I mean I have ordered my dress and I am sending my invites out next month. (we already did the save the dates and have 30 booked so far) But that is all we have done. I have not picked flowers, where I want the rehearsal or reception, menu,etc.
      Hi and congrats! Don't stress at all about flowers and the menu! I just emailed Ana my dinner choices a couple of days ago and I am still not set on flowers (I know what colors and what kind of flowers, I just still have not confirmed with Ana). As far as the reception location, that's probably the thing I would choose first out of everything, just to make sure you get the location that you want. Although from the pictures, all the choices at the resort look nice! I am still not finalized on the rehearsal either...still waiting to hear back on that from Ana!

#1113 Ashlynn039

Ashlynn039
      • 355 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:50 PM

Laura - do you know how far in advance you book what area you want for your reception?

#1114 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
        • 224 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:02 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Laura22610
          Hi and congrats! Don't stress at all about flowers and the menu! I just emailed Ana my dinner choices a couple of days ago and I am still not set on flowers (I know what colors and what kind of flowers, I just still have not confirmed with Ana). As far as the reception location, that's probably the thing I would choose first out of everything, just to make sure you get the location that you want. Although from the pictures, all the choices at the resort look nice! I am still not finalized on the rehearsal either...still waiting to hear back on that from Ana!

Thanks :) Where did you choose to have your reception? I just can't decide!!! hahaha

#1115 allegraapple

allegraapple
          • Site Supporter
          • 108 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:07 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Princess402
            Congrats and welcome to the group!!!
            Looks like we will be at DRC at about the same time :)
            Yep. We'll probably get to DRC the day before or the day of your wedding. So maybe I'll get a glimpse from a-far :-) How long will you be staying at the resort after your wedding??

#1116 kymkymkym

kymkymkym
            • 217 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:08 AM

Ashlynn who do you think you will go with for a photographer?

#1117 Boo

Boo
              • 785 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:44 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jfazzina
                Do you mind telling me what you pd for Ms Medina? I dont care if I splurge in that area- I want great pics!!! How do I get in contact with her to see her work. I will be in Mexico Sun-Tues night... Yes thats great- we will have to have a drink at SECRETS!!!! so excited...
                Hmm I just typed in my response and it kicked me out – bah humbug

Let me start off saying I am super excited that we got Elizabeth, she is a treat to deal with, and was the second contract that we signed and after saying ‘yes’ - like he even had to ask - is probably the best decision I have made.

Alrighty, so I wont go into recapping all her prices – let me know if you need more info. and I can post her price list here, but basically for wedding day coverage for 6 hours the price tag is USD 4,750, for 8 hours it is USD 5,250, 10 hours it is USD 5,750. With all these you get a copy of all the pictures taken, we went with 8 hours and also will get 550 pictured edited – that is included.

E M then basically has a # of packages, the one we went with is the 8 hours, plus 2 hours on a separate day, that is what we will be using for our TTD session. That option is USD 6,700.

The things that I am struggling with the most and maybe you ladies can help me out on this one, and weigh in, is the wedding album. For E M the wedding album, 30 pages that 12” by 12” is USD 2,250 which in my opinion is just crazy, maybe I am na¯ve but I expected it to be like one tenth of the cost.

#1118 Boo

Boo
                • 785 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:50 AM

There are photographers that the resort uses as part of their package, beyond that I did shoot of an email to both Ana at DRC and Cecilia at Secrets Maroma to give them a heads on which outside vendors I like and got their 'ok' on it. I dont know that they would have a fuss, but there is an outside vendor fee, sometimes as my DJ experience is proving, that can be very substantial, grr still cant believe it... sorry just had to vent

#1119 kymkymkym

kymkymkym
                  • 217 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:53 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Boo
                    Hmm I just typed in my response and it kicked me out – bah humbug

Let me start off saying I am super excited that we got Elizabeth, she is a treat to deal with, and was the second contract that we signed and after saying ‘yes’ - like he even had to ask - is probably the best decision I have made.

Alrighty, so I wont go into recapping all her prices – let me know if you need more info. and I can post her price list here, but basically for wedding day coverage for 6 hours the price tag is USD 4,750, for 8 hours it is USD 5,250, 10 hours it is USD 5,750. With all these you get a copy of all the pictures taken, we went with 8 hours and also will get 550 pictured edited – that is included.

E M then basically has a # of packages, the one we went with is the 8 hours, plus 2 hours on a separate day, that is what we will be using for our TTD session. That option is USD 6,700.

The things that I am struggling with the most and maybe you ladies can help me out on this one, and weigh in, is the wedding album. For E M the wedding album, 30 pages that 12” by 12” is USD 2,250 which in my opinion is just crazy, maybe I am na¯ve but I expected it to be like one tenth of the cost.
                    Boo- WOW 2,250 USD? In my opinion I suggest looking into making your own Photo Album using Picaboo or another Photo Album Creator - You can order Flush Mount Albums through Picaboo starting at $349 with 20 pages and can expand up to 90 pages (extra pages range from 10-14$). The Albums come in 5 different colors and in two different sizes 11 x 14 or 8.5 x 11 - This way you can purchase albums for yourself, and for both sets of parents and still have paid less than what you would have through the photographer. I plan on doing this with our wedding pictures - wayyyyy cheaper and you get to design it, plus they ship to Canada :)

Wedding Photo Albums | Picaboo
                    Photo Books | Picaboo

#1120 dee414

dee414
                    • 13 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:37 AM

Diana & David

We're getting married in June 13, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users