Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#10501 msykes

msykes
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by brookers03 

Anyone else getting married in January?? It's getting so close. We are getting married jan 26!

Originally Posted by Rach0636 

I am getting married on January 28th! We will see you there!!!

Hi ladies!

We are also getting married on January 28th!!!! So we will see both of you there! :)

#10502 TIGERLILYODP

TIGERLILYODP
    • 122 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

good luck av a fab time looking forward to reading all about it! how exciting xxx

#10503 MCree

MCree
      • 276 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Savs1027 

I'm starting to really freak out about the packing and going through customs!!! I thought I had it all under control but I'm starting to worry. I gave my mom a bunch of stuff to put in their suitcases and to split between 4 people, but I think my fiance and I still have over $300 each!! I really hope they don't stop us! 

Anyone who's already gotten married have any insight? 

This was a concern of ours and I was super nervous about this, but it really wasnt bad in the end. MY total would have been wayyyy over 300 a piece so I actually "remade" some receipts with lower total numbers for some items i bought on ebay and what not that i could edit and print from my email account, but i dont even think this extra work was needed. 

We were searched because we had 6 bags and although scary, it was relatively easy to get through! They brought us to a table and we put all of the bags up there. I told him we were getting married, and that was the reason for all the luggage. He unzipped and pulled out some items in each bag and then would close it and move on to the next. At the end, he asked for "tickets" aka receipts-lol- in which i handed my neat folder with them, and that was that. I dont even know if he could read them. He spoke minimal english. He scanned over them super fast, and didnt even try to add up totals. I had the other half of receipts for the other two bags that i forgot to even hand over! If it gives you peace of mind, try the trick i provided up top, but i think you will be fine!  Good luck! :)  

#10504 msykes

msykes
        • 17 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rach0636 

Anyone else have an opinion on adding the dance floor?

Hey Rachel! I have maxed out my PM's for the day apparently...

I have sent Gina a message asking about how close the Gazebo is to the beach, and whether it's on the North Beach or South Beath - I will let you know what I find out. I can't believe we have the same co-ordinator and our weddings are only half an hour apart!!!

I believe the Pool Terrace and Pool Deck are pretty close to one another, but one sits higher up (not sure which one though...)

We are going to do some sort of rehearsal dinner the night before (but with our parents and wedding party only). I was thinking the Bordeaux - what about you?

#10505 brookers03

brookers03
          • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

That's awe[quote name="Rach0636" url="/t/47576/dreams-riviera-cancun-brides-post-here-new-thread/10320#post_1844221"]I am getting married on January 28th! We will see you there!!!

#10506 brookers03

brookers03
            • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

T[quote name="brookers03" url="/t/47576/dreams-riviera-cancun-brides-post-here-new-thread/10350#post_1844357"]That's awe[quote name="Rach0636" url="/t/47576/dreams-riviera-cancun-brides-post-here-new-thread/10320#post_1844221"]I am getting married on January 28th! We will see you there!!![/quote That's awesome! Destination weddings are the way to go!

#10507 brookers03

brookers03
              • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

T[quote name="brookers03" url="/t/47576/dreams-riviera-cancun-brides-post-here-new-thread/10350#post_1844357"]That's awe[quote name="Rach0636" url="/t/47576/dreams-riviera-cancun-brides-post-here-new-thread/10320#post_1844221"]I am getting married on January 28th! We will see you there!!![/quote That's awesome! Destination weddings are the way to go!

#10508 Kthorpe

Kthorpe
                • 19 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by AmynBeau 

Add me to 5/3/13!

Im May 3rd as well!!  Where and what time!!!

#10509 Kthorpe

Kthorpe
                  • 19 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

Hello all-

I just heard from the resort and I am set to have Rodrigo for my Dj and tech.  Has anyone heard of Rodrigo and/or have experienced him at a previous wedding?  I am not sure I have heard anything about him...good or bad!!  Im nervous!

Less than 5 months away and I feel like there is still so much to do!  I choose destination wedding because I thought the planning would be simple!

#10510 Kthorpe

Kthorpe
                    • 19 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by AmynBeau 

Add me to 5/3/13!

Thats my date as well!!  Where and when is your location? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users