Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by Rach0636 View Post

 

Your pictures and dress are absolutely beautiful!! I am having the worst time trying to choose between the gazebo and beach for the ceremony location. Do you have any personal opinion since you had yours at the gazebo?

Wow that's a beautiful slideshow, you guys look great and I love the Kings of Leon song interpreted by ?? amazing.. Who did the slideshow.. the hotel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys!! Haven't commented here in a while although we come constantly to read all of the great reviews and to see some of the amazing slideshows.  Congrats to all the already married couples and to the ones like us that are only a couple of weeks away.  Feels like yesterday we were not sure of our destination for the wedding and here we are leaving on the 27th of June.  So EXCITING!  We just have one question for all of those who have already been at Dreams Riviera.  How does the resort manage the all inclusive benefits?  Do all of the guests wear wrist bands that must be worn at all times? We don't know how we feel about having that in our pictures.  Also how do they know that any random person isn't joining the reception if we have it on the pool deck.  Just some questions that make us curious and were wondering if anyone knows the answer.  Basically how does the resort manage the all inclusive part of it all since i saw in website that they dont require wristbands.  We're a bit confused.  Thanks and happy planning to all!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are having our ceremony at the Gazebo, cocktail hour at the jacuzzi and our reception on the pool deck. For all the past brides, does anyone have any input on what time I should be having the Ceremony? I don't want it to be dark out by the time the reception starts. Thanks in advance!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know this answer because we only did a 1 hour tour but I do know for 100% sure there are no wristbands!!  :)

Originally Posted by rachallen18 View Post

Hey guys!! Haven't commented here in a while although we come constantly to read all of the great reviews and to see some of the amazing slideshows.  Congrats to all the already married couples and to the ones like us that are only a couple of weeks away.  Feels like yesterday we were not sure of our destination for the wedding and here we are leaving on the 27th of June.  So EXCITING!  We just have one question for all of those who have already been at Dreams Riviera.  How does the resort manage the all inclusive benefits?  Do all of the guests wear wrist bands that must be worn at all times? We don't know how we feel about having that in our pictures.  Also how do they know that any random person isn't joining the reception if we have it on the pool deck.  Just some questions that make us curious and were wondering if anyone knows the answer.  Basically how does the resort manage the all inclusive part of it all since i saw in website that they dont require wristbands.  We're a bit confused.  Thanks and happy planning to all!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by LindseyM View Post

 

I don't know this answer because we only did a 1 hour tour but I do know for 100% sure there are no wristbands!!  :)

 

Thanks Lindsey! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since your wedding is in January you should probably be on the same time frame as me (i'm getting married Dec. 17th) I was originally scheduled for 4pm ceremony and 6pm reception. When I talked to Anel (the photographer) she said that a 4pm ceremony would be too close to getting dark. So, we are doing 3:30. She said that would be a perfect amount of time to have the ceremony in the daylight and then take pictures afterwards at sunset. We're not doing an official cocktail hour (just having our guests gather at the beach bar) and then our reception is from 5:30-8:30 at the pool deck. 

Hope this helps! 

Originally Posted by Rach0636 View Post

We are having our ceremony at the Gazebo, cocktail hour at the jacuzzi and our reception on the pool deck. For all the past brides, does anyone have any input on what time I should be having the Ceremony? I don't want it to be dark out by the time the reception starts. Thanks in advance!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Savs1027 View Post

 

Since your wedding is in January you should probably be on the same time frame as me (i'm getting married Dec. 17th) I was originally scheduled for 4pm ceremony and 6pm reception. When I talked to Anel (the photographer) she said that a 4pm ceremony would be too close to getting dark. So, we are doing 3:30. She said that would be a perfect amount of time to have the ceremony in the daylight and then take pictures afterwards at sunset. We're not doing an official cocktail hour (just having our guests gather at the beach bar) and then our reception is from 5:30-8:30 at the pool deck. 

Hope this helps! 

 

Thank you so much! That really helps. How did you get in touch with Anel? I asked my wedding coordinator if I could reserve her as the photographer and I never really got an answer. Do you have any good pictures of the pool deck? If you do, could you email them to me at Rach0636@aol.com. Thank you so much again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Marines View Post

 

Wow that's a beautiful slideshow, you guys look great and I love the Kings of Leon song interpreted by ?? amazing.. Who did the slideshow.. the hotel?

 

Thank you so much. The song is by Laura Jansen, it was also our first dance song. The hotel does the slideshow for you for no extra cost and gives you the link to it to share with friends and family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×