Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts

We recommended 5 nights only...but some people are coming earlier than us and leaving the day we suggest.  Others are staying longer.  At first I was bothered by this but my mom pointed out that most people would assume that the bride and groom want privacy and wouldn't be up our butts.  I am still kind of worried about it, but I don't think it's worth saying anything about.  I am asking people to go down there so I would never dream of offending them by saying they're staying too long.
 

Originally Posted by RollerBride View Post

My TA has given us 3 different trip lengths for our guests: 4, 5 or 7 nights. Anyone who books 7 nights will pretty much be on our honeymoon with us! i'm not thrilled with this but i'm unsure of how to approach this? Should I have the TA eliminate the 7 night option all together? The Dude and I will be there for 10 nights and we will certainly want some time to ourselves.

I didn't really think anyone would request to book 7 nights. i assumed guests would know that it's polite to stay 2 days after the wedding tops....but alas, someone has asked to book a 7 night trip. I guess I should take it as a compliment, huh? ;) I mean, on the other hand, I am asking people to travel to Mexico FOR ME (and the dude), so I shouldn't put a limit on their stay if they want to make it a vacation....hmmmmmm.

is anyone else thinking about things like this?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you give me the spas email address?  
 

Originally Posted by LindseyM View Post

Well, Yamina isn't new...she booked our wedding 6 months ago when we were there for a visit.  I just think the language barrier is troublesome sometimes.  The $599 is for hair and make up.  I wanted my girls to have the works.  I booked it and then the spa emailed me the invoice.  

 

I am glad you said that about the shipping!!  I am definitely not doing it now.  OMG I am going to have so much to pack.  
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Ya for sure! It would be nice. Are you arriving before your guests? Because I want to do OOT bags but not sure how I would do that with arriving at the same time and assembling them and getting them to each persons room before they get there. Have you done a lot of planning so far because I have done pretty much nothing and its starting to scare me!!!

 

Originally Posted by dimplesandsuga View Post


WPG!  I would love to also meet up with you to compare some notes on what we should and shouldn't do...My wedding is May 12th!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum as well as newly engaged! I have been researching cancun all inclusive resorts for the past few weeks and am pretty confidant that I have found THE spot in DRC. Now my dilemma....they do have my date open (11/2/12) however only the beach is available :(. I kinda fell in love with their pool deck and I'm bummed it's not available. I'm writing to see if any of you guys have had their reception at the beach vs the pool deck or have seen the set up at the beach?? All the reviews i have found on here have talked about how great the pool deck was but i havent seen anything on the other locations. They do have the deck available in Dec but I don't known that it's worth pushing my date a month just to get it. Any insights will help me make my decisions and will be so very much appreciated!! Thanks!! Camila

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum as well as newly engaged! I have been researching cancun all inclusive resorts for the past few weeks and am pretty confidant that I have found THE spot in DRC. Now my dilemma....they do have my date open (11/2/12) however only the beach is available :(. I kinda fell in love with their pool deck and I'm bummed it's not available. I'm writing to see if any of you guys have had their reception at the beach vs the pool deck or have seen the set up at the beach?? All the reviews i have found on here have talked about how great the pool deck was but i havent seen anything on the other locations. They do have the deck available in Dec but I don't known that it's worth pushing my date a month just to get it. Any insights will help me make my decisions and will be so very much appreciated!! Thanks!! Camila

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi Cbert22

 

I went down there in November to take a look before i get married in August this year, when you say pool deck are you talking about the decking area in front of the infinity pool on the beach? Or do you mean actually around the pool? I think the deck at the front of the infinity pool on the beach is a better place to have the reception as it is a bit more private than around the pool area. The pool area is nice but its not very private at all. To be honest they do these receptions so well and the set up always looks fantastic i am not sure you will notice where you have it so if it is a case of changing your wedding date for it i am not sure its necesary but its all personal preference.
 

Originally Posted by Cbert22 View Post

Hey everyone!
I'm new to this forum as well as newly engaged! I have been researching cancun all inclusive resorts for the past few weeks and am pretty confidant that I have found THE spot in DRC. Now my dilemma....they do have my date open (11/2/12) however only the beach is available sad.gif. I kinda fell in love with their pool deck and I'm bummed it's not available. I'm writing to see if any of you guys have had their reception at the beach vs the pool deck or have seen the set up at the beach?? All the reviews i have found on here have talked about how great the pool deck was but i havent seen anything on the other locations. They do have the deck available in Dec but I don't known that it's worth pushing my date a month just to get it. Any insights will help me make my decisions and will be so very much appreciated!!
Thanks!!
Camila


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Sarah-Jane.

 

Nice to E-Meet you! Thanks for your response. I was referring about the deck in front of the infinity pool. I can see that they do an excellent job but i loved this area since it was steps away from the beach but not on it. Also, i would save some $$ on getting a dance floor if i waited to have the wedding when the deck was available. Oh, decisions decisions. Can I ask where you are having your reception?? Also, how was the weather when you went in november?

 

I have to say this forum is great! I am definitly feeling a little overwhelmed in the early planning stages and it has been such a relief to hear from past, present , and future brides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hiya,

 

Yes the deck in front of the infinity pool seems to be the 1st option for most people, thats where i am having our reception as you say its such a lovely area and its just off the beach but you close enough on the beach if you see what i mean. They gave us 2 other options the beach or the pool area, i cannot see where the reception would be on the beach if someone else has the deck area because they are very close so i am unsure what they do here. I guess the other option for you if you wanted to stick with November was to go by the pool area but it wont be on the beach so i dont know how you feel about that.

The weather was good towards the end of the week, unfortunately we landed at the end of a tropical storm and we had solid rain for 2 days, however it wasnt cold in the slightest not even in the evening and it wasnt constant, a few days after the storm had passed it was beautiful weather! I am actually getting married in August and am quite apprehensive about the humidity!!!! I think November would have been a perfect time weather wise!

I think i took about 3 weeks every evening to read this forum from the start when i decided its where i wanted to get married, i got so many ideas and it was only when i started to see the brides post their pictures and reviews that i got really excited! Its a perfect place to get married and when i was there in November i saw a few weddings too and everything looks so perfect, i think its true when past brides say the one thing they would do differently is not stress out about e-mails not being answered because everything was done so perfect and proffesionally on the day. I have really taken that advice onboard and cannot wait now!!!
 

Originally Posted by Cbert22 View Post

Hey Sarah-Jane.

 

Nice to E-Meet you! Thanks for your response. I was referring about the deck in front of the infinity pool. I can see that they do an excellent job but i loved this area since it was steps away from the beach but not on it. Also, i would save some $$ on getting a dance floor if i waited to have the wedding when the deck was available. Oh, decisions decisions. Can I ask where you are having your reception?? Also, how was the weather when you went in november?

 

I have to say this forum is great! I am definitly feeling a little overwhelmed in the early planning stages and it has been such a relief to hear from past, present , and future brides.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, im getting married at DRC on 2/22/13. Was wondering if anyone has been there in Feb and has any weather tips. I went here a year ago and really liked it but decided to do me research and after searching hotel after hotel i think DRC is the best option for us. We are having our ceremony on the beach and reception on the pool deck also. I love how they set up for the weddings but im actually going to put a dance floor on the deck also just for the looks of it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×