Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE BRIDES THAT ARE GETTING MARRIED IN THE NEXT WEEK!!  woot.gif

 

IS ANYONE BOOKING THEIR EXCURSIONS BEFORE GOING DOWN OR ARE YOU JUST WAITING AND SPEAKING TO THE CONCIERGE? 

 

I WOULD LIKE TO BOOK ONE BEFORE GOING BUT DON'T KNOW WHAT GUESTS WOULD WANT TO GO ON THE SPECIFIC DAY/TIME THAT I PICK, AND  THE PEOPLE  I HAVE TALKED TO CAN'T MAKE UP THEIR MINDS...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Brooke,

 

We are waiting until we get down there b/c ppl will change their minds as soon as they get down there and get Wasted lol.

 

I would like to take everyone on the Ziplining tour, I did it two years ago and I loved it.  I am going to ask all the guests to pay their own way, I hope that's not rude.

 

Originally Posted by brookeh68 View Post

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE BRIDES THAT ARE GETTING MARRIED IN THE NEXT WEEK!!  woot.gif

 

IS ANYONE BOOKING THEIR EXCURSIONS BEFORE GOING DOWN OR ARE YOU JUST WAITING AND SPEAKING TO THE CONCIERGE? 

 

I WOULD LIKE TO BOOK ONE BEFORE GOING BUT DON'T KNOW WHAT GUESTS WOULD WANT TO GO ON THE SPECIFIC DAY/TIME THAT I PICK, AND  THE PEOPLE  I HAVE TALKED TO CAN'T MAKE UP THEIR MINDS...



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all! Just wanted to share that today I called to confirm all is still in place for my wedding in May 2012 and Veronica told me that the Desires Terrace is no longer available for Cocktail Hour due to guests throwing items (Cigarettes) down to the Kids area. This was the perfect spot as it was private and had lounge furniture already in it.

 

We have now changed our cocktail to take place in the Jacuzzi area (North).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are any of you ladies planning to use AVI for the DJ? I had originally booked them so I can use Julian Molina, but since he is not allowed, I'm wondering if I should still go with them.. Veronica is really trying to encourage me to use Visual Sounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in the same situation and I'm getting the same vibe from Veronica.  She offered me the lighted dance floor for $300 if I used Visual Sound (it started at $700, then $580.  I think I saw someone got it for free on this thread).  She also wanted to know my reasons for not wanting to book Visual Sound.  I haven't responded to her and I was hoping to get some advice from you all as far as if Visual Sound has improved enough from their first reviews to consider using them. 

 

Originally Posted by LindsayMichelle View Post

Are any of you ladies planning to use AVI for the DJ? I had originally booked them so I can use Julian Molina, but since he is not allowed, I'm wondering if I should still go with them.. Veronica is really trying to encourage me to use Visual Sounds.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used DJ Mauricio Neri with Visual Sound and had absolutely no problems. I gave him a list of songs we'd like to hear and anything my guests requested that he didn't already have he could download in 30 seconds or less. He didn't really MC or anything as far as keeping the party going but anyone whose seen my pictures knows that we didn't really need anyone for that. He announced us when we walked into the reception and kept to the timeline I gave him perfectly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sharon - We definitely want to do the Zip lining also!  There is one that I saw you zip line and explore the cenotes that sounded well worth our while.  Thanks for the advice, we are just going to book down there.  I don't think it's rude at all asking people to pay their own way.  This is some expensive stuff!!  They have an option of joining or not.  Remember, this is their 'vacation" also!  By the way, your pashmina's look so comfy!   I am speaking to Liabeth in about 3 minutes about our wedding- wish me luck!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMydung View Post



Brooke,

 

We are waiting until we get down there b/c ppl will change their minds as soon as they get down there and get Wasted lol.

 

I would like to take everyone on the Ziplining tour, I did it two years ago and I loved it.  I am going to ask all the guests to pay their own way, I hope that's not rude.

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 


Hello Brooke,

 

How did the call go with Liseth? 

 

We went on the zip lining tour with the cenote two years ago and it's the most amazing experience ever.  It's definitely worth every penny.  The pashimi's I got from through this wholesale company for 2.25 a piece which is really cheap.  They are extremely comfortable and it feels really good for the price.
 

Originally Posted by brookeh68 View Post

@Sharon - We definitely want to do the Zip lining also!  There is one that I saw you zip line and explore the cenotes that sounded well worth our while.  Thanks for the advice, we are just going to book down there.  I don't think it's rude at all asking people to pay their own way.  This is some expensive stuff!!  They have an option of joining or not.  Remember, this is their 'vacation" also!  By the way, your pashmina's look so comfy!   I am speaking to Liabeth in about 3 minutes about our wedding- wish me luck!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi my husband and I are renewing our wedding vows at dreams Punta cana resort and spot QE hace the ultimate dream package but it's very simple the resort is charging a whole lot for decorations any one ever bought their own decorations to the resort they also charge to put your decorations up.
    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
  • Topics

×