Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts


Hi Sarah, 

 

Sorry for just getting back to you, I'm still trying to understand the posting items and the times, so I'm just seeing that you replied. But YEA....Sorry about that lol, I didn't want to get later in the month for personal reason, (lady time) and first weekend didn't work, father in laws birthday. We are hopefully going to stay about 9-10 days, not sure but I think we have to be there 4 days in advance for the blood test right?  Are they strict on that? That might present an issue for my witnesses having to be there so far in advance. We will probably be there from the Thursday before the wedding to the Friday after so hopefully, will be seeing you there!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Originally Posted by Sarah80 View Post

So you are the reason that I couldn't book that weekend ;) I was really surprised that it is already booked for next year but that must mean that it is an awesome place to get married.  How long are y'all staying? We are gonna get there Wednesday the 16th so if you are still there we should meet up.  It seems so far away and I'm so excited! Hopefully time will fly by
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's all I wanted them for too...Gazebo Fabric & Lanteens!  When you say Gazebo - you are talking about the one on the resort right?  Not on the beach??

 

How much fabric are you bringing??

 

Originally Posted by SharonMydung View Post



I am purchasing the gazebo fabric from ebay.  They have some nice satin fabric on there that is really cheap.  I think I am going to cancel my whole deal with Deco.  The only reason I was using there are for the lanterns but since the resort offers them, there is no need for them.



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's official:

 

January 24th, 2012

cheer2.gif

 

SO EXCITED!!!

 

If anybody needs a Travel Agent let me know - we are so lucky to have found one that is AMAZING!  I got her name & info off of this thread!!  I can't tell you enough how great she is!!  She keeps contact with guests through email - she worries about guests not booking, etc..AND she gets ahold of Ana (our WC) if we can't.  She is the best decision we've made!!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're going to hand them out either on the first night when we all meet for drinks (we arrive at different times as we're coming from Vancouver and Toronto) or at our welcome dinner, which is the next day. We'll get the bridal party to help us bring them down.

 

I can't believe how close we are getting now!! soooo excited!!

Originally Posted by Carbaholic View Post

Question for all of you...  How are you going to get all of the Welcome Bags (OOT Bags) to your guests' rooms?  We have some stuff in each of them that are personalized, so I want to make sure the right bag goes to the right person.

 

Ideas? Thoughts?  Help!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you! She sent me an email on Saturday morning finally.  We are going to do the dreams ultimate package. But I am so confused with all the extras they list at the end of the package. I am going to have to read through this entire thread again to see what I should use and what's not really necessary.
 

Originally Posted by jkhowell View Post

It took a few days after I told Ana I wanted to secure my date. She then sent me the form I needed to fill out and I had to scan the card and my ID with the paperwork. After that, I was kinda freaking out because she never sent me a confirmation email or anything! So after a week or so I emailed her asking if I was ever going to get a confirmation email because I knew the money had already been withdrawn from my account. She than emailed me back saying simply this "this is you confirmation for you date." HA thanks for the security!! Anyway I just laughed it off and hope my date is good. lol



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone else read all the TripAdvisor reviews about people getting sick at the resort? I have been to mexico several times and have never had a problem, but after reading some of the reviews on Facebook and TripAdvisor...Im starting to get worried!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


What we did was ask someone at the concierge desk in the lobby to come help us carry the OOT bags downstairs.  One of the employees came to our room with a luggage cart, loaded up the bags, and toted them downstairs with us.  It was pouring rain outside and he even took extra care to cover the cart so that the bags didn't get wet.  We had spread the word to have everyone meet us in the lobby bar for cocktails at a certain time.  When we got there, we hand delivered each of the bags to our guests.  This worked out very well because we were able to give each person their bag, watch them enjoy seeing the gifts inside, and personally thank them for coming.
 

Originally Posted by Carbaholic View Post

Question for all of you...  How are you going to get all of the Welcome Bags (OOT Bags) to your guests' rooms?  We have some stuff in each of them that are personalized, so I want to make sure the right bag goes to the right person.

 

Ideas? Thoughts?  Help!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, that is a lot of reviews of people getting sick. I'd hate to be running to the bathroom on our wedding day!! Yikes!

 

I probably will just be really careful about what I eat...and bring medicine just in case...

 

Originally Posted by LD8685 View Post

Has anyone else read all the TripAdvisor reviews about people getting sick at the resort? I have been to mexico several times and have never had a problem, but after reading some of the reviews on Facebook and TripAdvisor...Im starting to get worried!!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got married at Dreams Riviera Cancun on March 15....everything was perfect.  We had DJ Edgar - both he and Ana were awesome!  If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at mgiri@shaw.ca !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×