#11 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:53 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
    Well, I do have a diamond - but it is yellow instead of white. So I guess that can be considered untraditional. I don't have any great pics of it, but here's one...

Darnit - I cant figure out how to get a pic in the thread! Not sure if putting the link there will work, but here goes...
    Click the image to open in full size.
    ring in box - top on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/14331137@N00/553171756/
    what a beautiful ring!

#12 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:18 PM

[QUOTE=carlymcmullen;92193]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Christine
    Carly I added the pic for you...great ring....quote]

Christine - how did you do it?! I swear I knew how, but for the life of me I couldn't figure it out this time...
    on the picture you right click and go to properties, then copy the url in the pop box that you get when you click on the mountain thing in the writing area (also known as the whizzywhig area)

that was very technical right! and to think I am getting my masters in instructional technology...
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#13 *JillD*

*JillD*
    • 5,112 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:26 PM

I love all of your rings. I have a traditional diamond engagement ring. I started looking at blue diamonds a few months ago for a wedding band, but I'm not sure if we'll be able to do that, we'll see!!

#14 dragonfly

dragonfly
      • 1,820 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:58 PM

Nope I'm traditional all the way, beautiful round solitaire, I have to say your non traditional rings are so beautiful, I et you get lot's of compliments...

Kelly~

#15 jesique

jesique
        • 47 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:46 PM

That yellow diamond is gorgeous!!!

Kelly....I don't know that I get more compliments than I would with a diamond.

Honestly...sometimes I get a little diamond envy. I love my ring and wouldn't trade it...but there are days when you almost start to feel like people don't take your engagement as seriously because you don't have a diamond.

Nadine.

#16 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
          • VIP Member
          • 2,861 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:58 PM

Yep, mine is a gem stone. Here is what mine looks likeClick the image to open in full size.
            I love having a non traditional ring. It just really suits my personality I guess. I dont have my band yet but I plan to get one that has a sapphire-diamond pattern.

#17 jesique

jesique
            • 47 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:03 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by RaydensMama
              Yep, mine is a gem stone. Here is what mine looks likeClick the image to open in full size.
              I love having a non traditional ring. It just really suits my personality I guess. I dont have my band yet but I plan to get one that has a sapphire-diamond pattern.
              Ohhhh that is beautiful!!! I love sapphires...it's my FI's birthstone.

I do love having a non-traditional ring...I knew I needed something unique because of my personality. *grin*

Nadine.

#18 brecluse

brecluse
              • 196 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:39 PM

I really wanted an aquamarine engagement ring. I LOVE the one I got (it was his grandmother's and it's gorgeous), but I am totally getting aquamarines in my wedding band. I'm thinking something like this but with aquamarines instead of sapphires.

Beverly K band

Everyone's rings look fab!
                TTD :: Tortola, BVI

#19 jesique

jesique
                • 47 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 02:16 PM

Oooohhhh that will be sooo pretty.

Nadine.

#20 Fotini

Fotini
                  • 131 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 02:32 PM

I have a single saphhire on yellow gold, no diamonds at all. I'll have to dig up a pic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users