Sign in to follow this  
jesique

Gemstone E-rings

My engagement ring has a blue topaz instead of a diamond and I'm always interested to see if anyone else has gone this sort of non-traditional route and gotten an engagement ring with a gemstone.

Here's a picture of mine...

Click the image to open in full size.

The ring is silver with gold prongs holding the blue topaz. It's a James Avery which is one of my favorite jewlers. Our wedding band will also be JA.

Anyone else have a gemstone e-ring?!

Nadine.

Nope... I haven't gotten a ring at all :) But, I LOVE your ring! I actually have a similar ring with the silver band, gold prongs and blue topaz... but I LOVE the look of your band. It looks like it has hammered... I don't know the technical term for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post
Nope... I haven't gotten a ring at all :) But, I LOVE your ring! I actually have a similar ring with the silver band, gold prongs and blue topaz... but I LOVE the look of your band. It looks like it has hammered... I don't know the technical term for it!
*grin* I think that is the technical term for it! cheesy.gif That's what I call it anyways! I love the hammered part because it hides the dents and dings I make! cheesy.gif

Nadine.

My friend has a green emerald (oval shaped) and her side stones are diamonds. She has a platinum band. She loves her green ring. I also have another friend who has a blue topaz diamond as her center stone and side diamonds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrvsbride View Post
My friend has a green emerald (oval shaped) and her side stones are diamonds. She has a platinum band. She loves her green ring. I also have another friend who has a blue topaz diamond as her center stone and side diamonds.
That's what I wanted when I was a kid...Emerald is my birthstone and I just love the way that stone looks. cheesy.gif

Nadine.

Well, I do have a diamond - but it is yellow instead of white. So I guess that can be considered untraditional. I don't have any great pics of it, but here's one...

Darnit - I cant figure out how to get a pic in the thread! Not sure if putting the link there will work, but here goes...

ring in box - top on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14331137@N00/553171756/

Carly I added the pic for you...great ring.

one of my BM's has a blue sapphire with a diamond on either side and her wedding band is all diamonds. Its her birthstone and she loves! plus she got to have a bigger ring because it wasn't all diamonds!

Carly I added the pic for you...great ring....quote]

Christine - how did you do it?! I swear I knew how, but for the life of me I couldn't figure it out this time...

Both of those rings are beautiful!!! I love them. I wanted diamonds. So I am little traditional. I did want color stones for my wedding band and then just stop wearing my e-ring. Who knows? I just might change my mind.