Jump to content

Photo

Does anyone have pixs from Beaches Negril Wedding?


  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 kgeecee

kgeecee
  • Jr. Member
  • 194 posts

    Posted 10 August 2009 - 05:40 PM

    Im so stressed about the photog for Beaches Negril, for the package I want its $2000 and they need all the money upfront (when I book) and crazy thing is they have no portfilio to show me or website etc....
    Mike is just so not wanting to dish over the 2k with out anything to look at. Wea re both really concerned with the quality.
    And there are no outside vendors aloud and I am not taking the chance of paying someone outside and have them escorted off the property...

    And help out there

    .....keila

    #2 michelle6114

    michelle6114
    • Jr. Member
    • 209 posts

      Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:41 AM

      What
      I am getting married at Beaches in 2 months, and have had the WC (Barbie) try and pressure me into getting a package over the phone, but I was never told what you were.
      I made it clear to her that until we see the pictures, we will not be deciding on anything and it is ridiculous for them to expect otherwise. Since she told me that 1. I cannot know who whill be shooting that day and 2. no I cannot see any of their work, as it is their personal property then they have a lot of nerve expecting me to give them any $$$ before the pictures are taken. Oh the nerve of these Resorts!!!

      #3 kgeecee

      kgeecee
      • Jr. Member
      • 194 posts

        Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:51 AM

        so what did you do??
        im so stressed about it, well atleast its helping me loose some more weight....
        .....keila

        #4 hockeymom97

        hockeymom97
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,458 posts

          Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:44 AM

          I've received a bunch of pics from Amber but none are any of the Preston Bailey pics if that's what you're looking for. By the time my wedding date rolls around, they will have switched to the Martha Stewart collections so I'm just waiting for that info to be released. I have pics of the standard beach set up and then pics of various upgrades - I've tried to post some on the Beaches Negril brides thread but some of the files were too large and I couldn't post. I have a feeling these are the same pics you have already seen, but if you send me your email I can send them to you.
          Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

          #5 nathanielthompsonphoto

          nathanielthompsonphoto
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,213 posts

            Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:12 PM

            Can you fly in your photographer? If they stay with you a few nights they could be your guest. If you check out some photogs in your area that don't have much experience with destination weddings (but you are able to VIEW their work and you really enjoy their style) they might be willing to shoot the wedding for the cost of travel or a bit more than that. The $2k might be able to get you some great photos. Of course its great to have an experienced destination photographer come with you but $2k likely wouldn't work for that.

            #6 kgeecee

            kgeecee
            • Jr. Member
            • 194 posts

              Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:34 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by nathanielthompsonphoto
              Can you fly in your photographer? If they stay with you a few nights they could be your guest. If you check out some photogs in your area that don't have much experience with destination weddings (but you are able to VIEW their work and you really enjoy their style) they might be willing to shoot the wedding for the cost of travel or a bit more than that. The $2k might be able to get you some great photos. Of course its great to have an experienced destination photographer come with you but $2k likely wouldn't work for that.
              thats def a thought but I just dont know any local photographers either. I have a really good friend who was going to use the "know photog" for the area and due to her fi being a total loser they canceled 3 months prior and the lady wouldnt refund any money..... so everyone has vowed to boycot her.....
              I might check around though on FB to see of anyone knows anyone else.
              I was just nervous since the WC said they are really strick about it!!
              ugh its my nightmare right now!!

              .....keila

              #7 hockeymom97

              hockeymom97
              • Sr. Member
              • 2,458 posts

                Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:29 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by nathanielthompsonphoto
                Can you fly in your photographer? If they stay with you a few nights they could be your guest. If you check out some photogs in your area that don't have much experience with destination weddings (but you are able to VIEW their work and you really enjoy their style) they might be willing to shoot the wedding for the cost of travel or a bit more than that. The $2k might be able to get you some great photos. Of course its great to have an experienced destination photographer come with you but $2k likely wouldn't work for that.
                Beaches has recently changed their policy and they are allowing outside photographers as long as they are staying at the resort as a guest. I have heard this from TA's on this forum as well as confirmed it with my TA as well. I do believe they are asking for a minimum of a 3 night stay. It's also my understanding that a day pass does not count - they need to be an actual guest.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by kgeecee
                thats def a thought but I just dont know any local photographers either. I have a really good friend who was going to use the "know photog" for the area and due to her fi being a total loser they canceled 3 months prior and the lady wouldnt refund any money..... so everyone has vowed to boycot her.....
                I might check around though on FB to see of anyone knows anyone else.
                I was just nervous since the WC said they are really strick about it!!
                ugh its my nightmare right now!!
                I have seen several local photographers in Jamaica with great reputations mentioned on this forum - however even if you find a local photographer, you still have to contend with them being booked as a guest at Beaches. So when you factor in paying their fees as well as 3 nights at the resort, it's probably way more expensive to do this. But I'm sure if you shop around you can find a photographer that you like and could fly in. There are many brides on this forum (including myself) that are flying in their own photographer. Just keep looking and I'm sure you'll find one you like who is also within your budget :)
                Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

                #8 michelle6114

                michelle6114
                • Jr. Member
                • 209 posts

                  Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:48 PM

                  Who is the one pressuring you to purchase a package, before the pics are even taken yet? It is impossible to know which package you will want, before seeing the results. I will probably end up getting the $1200 package, the 8x10s and the CD. I can understand them wanting money upfront for other things but that is absurd.
                  If you are getting a basic wedding-moon package (free with the 7 nights I think) then you are entitled to a free 5x7 and not obligated to purchase anything else.

                  #9 TerraDawn

                  TerraDawn
                  • Newbie
                  • 85 posts

                    Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:08 PM

                    I agree with Nathaniel....find a photographer in your area whose work you love. If they stay a few nights with you, then you can say they are a guest.

                    A lot of photographers in the DC area are just getting started and would LOVE to have the chance to do a DW. Plus, you can see their work....lol. The only downside, is that since you have to fly them in and pay for their hotel, they may ask for more than $2000, just to cover expenses.

                    Check out some photographers at bridal shows, and if you find one that you love, ask them if they do destination.

                    I guess it just depends on the photographer, though.

                    Good luck with everything!!! Hang in there!!

                    #10 kgeecee

                    kgeecee
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 194 posts

                      Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:02 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by TerraDawnPhotography
                      I agree with Nathaniel....find a photographer in your area whose work you love. If they stay a few nights with you, then you can say they are a guest.

                      A lot of photographers in the DC area are just getting started and would LOVE to have the chance to do a DW. Plus, you can see their work....lol. The only downside, is that since you have to fly them in and pay for their hotel, they may ask for more than $2000, just to cover expenses.

                      Check out some photographers at bridal shows, and if you find one that you love, ask them if they do destination.

                      I guess it just depends on the photographer, though.

                      Good luck with everything!!! Hang in there!!
                      well I am trying to go this root. Its just im so last minute at this point. I guess i just assumed that since they make you use their photog than they would be someone professional but it doesnt seem like that at all!
                      So i have a couple friends who have posted it on FB and I will see what happens.....
                      if you know of anyone give me a shout....

                      .....keila




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users