Sign in to follow this  
Love3

Ideas needed

I will throw out an alternative idea for the TTD. I wanted to do a TTD in the water but my now DH wasn't sure. My photographer actually loved the idea of doing it in downtown MoBay. We went to the craft market. I was a little disappointed about not getting wet...but I think we will end up with some incredible pictures. Unfortunately I'm still waiting to receive them. But you could do a different kind of TTD that does not require you to get wet...? Once I receive my pictures I'll post a few.

I was a bride who did TTD the day of the wedding...from 8:00AM-9:00AM. Our ceremony was at 3:00PM with "getting ready" shots starting at 2:00PM. We had plenty of time to get ready for the actual wedding and I wasn't stressed at all. IMO it's only stressful if you make it stressful :) Check with your photog to see if he or she allows "breaks" between photo sessions.

I would deffinetly get a less inexpensive dress for your TTD if you are doing earlier in the day, before your make up and hair are done.

Then after yout TTD you can get all glammed up for the ceremony! I guess tradition says not to see the groom before the ceremony, but are we really following tradition in having a destination wedding! lol

Just a thought, depending on what time you are doing your reception, cake cutting etc. you could ask the photographer to do 4 hours the day of your wedding then use the other 2 hours the next day for your ttd? not sure if that would work, or leave you to limited for time the day of your ceremony.

Speak to your photographer though, maybe they can work some sort of arrangement out with you!

Good luck!!

BTW you are getting married on my Champagne birthday! lol

eek!

I think im going to have to go with the other girls on this one - it will be a LOOOONG day for you, but do a sunrise shoot in a cheap TTD, then get ready for you wedding after that.

The light at sunrise is amazing...

Same thing with me. My photographer is allowing us 6 hours to shoot, but wont be around the next morning, so I have to do a TTD session the same day. I really was dissapointed at first, but whatever. So we are going to take our pics with my wedding dress on before the ceremony which is at 4pm. Then take some family shots, then do a TTD session during sunset. Then go and change into a coctail type dress for a 830 dinner. We are not really having a reception, just a dinner. We are going to have it really laid back. So I kinda feel like I'm not going to miss anything by not having my white dress on for the dinner. We are not having a first dance or anything like that, so I'm not going to be missing out on pics. We will not be having the photographer be their for supper anyways.

Shannon

www.mywedding.com/hocandshannon

We are going to do TTD before as this is the only way it will work out sad.gif The photographer said the light is not the best in the afternoon but oh well thanks for the input ladies oh p.s I will be wearing a different dress for TTD! Can't wait to post pics