44 replies to this topic

#21 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:36 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by estella1007
    I spoke to my travel agent, and unfortunately we would lose almost half of our $. We are going on the cruise regardless. Everyone that is going wants to go anyway. 2 couples are celebrating their 5 and 10 year anniversaries, it will be my best friends honeymoon since she is getting married the week before I am, and the rest are just excited to go away. We discussed putting it off, but since everyone wants to still go, we found the yacht club that is available the Saturday before we leave. We figured we would pay for the hotel for everyone that night, and pay for the limo to and from the cruise terminal too. This is the place we are considering.ClarksLanding
    I grew up at the Jersey shore and have lived there my entire life, up until a year ago. I wouldn't be crushed if I had to sacrifice Bermuda. Honestly, we only chose a destination wedding because we couldn't afford a $30,000 wedding at home, but now we are getting a deal, so the price is not a factor anymore. I just feel that everyone was expecting the Bermuda wedding, and my FI had his heart set on it. We are so torn as to what we should do.

The yacht club looks amazing. Your wedding would be gorgeous there. And you can still go on your cruise with your family and friends. I know you said your fi had his heart set on a Bermuda wedding, is there anything that he really wanted for his Bermuda wedding that you could maybe still do. Like a trash the dress for example. Let us know what you guys finally decide.
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#22 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,369 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:40 PM

I 100% agree with Danielle! Keep us posted!!!

#23 estella1007

estella1007
      • 475 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:42 PM

Awww, thank you Danielle. I am going forward with the yacht club. Everyone has been so accommodating and great through this. When the vendors hear this awful story, they are willing to do whatever they can to help me out which is sooo nice. Now I know how all those poor swine brides felt. All of their weddings ended up being amazing, so I know mine will be too. The best part is now I get to celebrate with even more of our family and friends. My brother refused to go on the cruise, so he was going to miss my wedding originally. Now I don't have to worry about that anymore. Now I'm off to find a photographer, invitations, a DJ, and a florist!

#24 estella1007

estella1007
        • 475 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:43 PM

P.S. the next NJ/Philly get together, I need to show up and buy you a drink to thank you for your support!

#25 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,369 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:45 PM

YAY Estella - IM SO excited for you!! It will be amazing and thats so great your brother will come now :) Are you still going to wear the Vernice? I cant wait to see how it all turns out

#26 estella1007

estella1007
            • 475 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:51 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by YaelM
              YAY Estella - IM SO excited for you!! It will be amazing and thats so great your brother will come now :) Are you still going to wear the Vernice? I cant wait to see how it all turns out
              Hopefully I will! Lets see how it turns out after alterations. They had to take a handful of material from each boob, plus a handful off each side. It was crazy! I knew I lost weight, but didn't realize how much of a difference it made. I will post pics as soon as I go back for the next fitting. Hopefully I rock the dress like you did!

#27 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,369 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:54 PM

Such a great reason to need alterations! You will look amazing in the dress - cant wait to see it :)

#28 tdmitchell

tdmitchell
                • 719 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:54 PM

Wow, that Yacht club is absolutely beautiful! Your wedding will be wonderful! I'm glad everything is working out for you!

#29 Allisa

Allisa
                  • 206 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:07 PM

I'm glad to hear you have come to a decision, and you seem really happy about it! What a relief after all that crazy chaos for you. And its great to hear all your vendors are being so helpful! Thats so nice.

Don't worry about the dress, I'm a costume designer and the right seamstress can do wonders. A couple of years ago I altered my girlfriends dress from a sample size 8 (she got a smokin deal) to a four and I had a week! Don't worry!

#30 jmiranda

jmiranda
                    • 697 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:28 PM

Congratulations on your decision Im sure that your wedding is going to be the best wedding ever. The yacht club looks so amazing. I always believe that things happen for a reason. Keep us posted on you planning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users