• Please log in to reply
663 replies to this topic

#301 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:29 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jstinemari
    ok so I just checked the chart again and it looks like I made a mistake.. my cheat day isn't for another week! I thought it was this weekend but its next. man am I bummed!
    Awww bummer!!

#302 *JillD*

*JillD*
    • 5,112 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:53 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ~*Kathy*~
      Woo hoo, good luck with it Jill! I'm excited to hear about your progress in the coming weeks!
      good luck Jill -- you will be fine as long as you plan out the meals... planning is key :)
      Thanks Ladies! I will definitely keep you all posted, and I think you're so right about the planning, if I don't plan, I will have a hard time finding the right components to eat to follow the plan.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm so sick of all the crap I've been eating the past few weeks, I can't wait to get started!

#303 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
      • 3,347 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:02 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by lisaloo79
        So it's official - I lost 3.2 lbs this week for a grand total of 13.1!!!!!!!!! I'm so freakin' excited! I hope that I can keep on this track. I have just under 25 lbs that I would really love to lose before the wedding, which is only 4 months away now! yikes! I hope that I can do it!!!

Congrats Lisaloo! That is awesome! Are you doing any exercise program with your diet? I have been hitting the gym everyday and I hate it! lol. I'm so happy for you!
        ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#304 finzup

finzup
        • 468 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:00 AM

OK final weight in (for the priming phase)

I'm a bit disappointed. I did not lose 1 ounce since last week. I have followed the diet to a T, no cheating.... I did so well the first 2 weeks, I was hoping to lose at least 2 pounds this week but NOTHING. I did weigh myself in the middle of the week and had GAINED. At least today I am back to where I was at last week's weigh-in

Did anyone experience 0 weight loss for the 3rd week of priming? I'm worried about the cheat day and that I will gain back.......

This is NOT a good way to start my cheat day

-Katie
          Have you met Alice?
          http://tickers.Ticke....eXf/weight.png

#305 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
          • 5,649 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:47 AM

Finzup - I didn't lose anything for my first high gi/gl week and I think it's because my body does not process carbohydrates properly. I mean, I had two low gi/gl days this week (mid-week, the camel hump way if you're wondering) and I haven't lost anything since last week. I am going back to the all low carb set up, I'll probably start losing again. Some people's bodies just don't do well with carbs and I happen to be one of them. Sorry you're so frustrated.

#306 finzup

finzup
            • 468 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:49 PM

Hm.... I think I will try it as written next week for my first week of core and then if I stay the same or god forbid gain weight I will do something like low carb, low carb, low gi, low gi, low carb, low carb....

I did lose a total of 13# in priming but it was all in the first 2 weeks..... I shouldn't complain just yet :)

OK on to cheat day!

I had a plain bagel toasted well done with plain cream cheese and an iced coffee with cream for breakfast.

I didn't eat anything until I got to my engagement party. I ate there, though!
              We were there from around 1:30 - 7:30pm and during that time I managed to eat:

- several pieces of bread dipped in tuscan bean dip (amazingly good)
              - veggies in roasted red pepper dip
              - sesame breadstick (or two of them maybe...)
              - sangria (i know, alcohol is a no-no but at least sangria is not 100% booze, it's mixed with some other stuff)

That was the appetizers...
              Main dishes there was a buffet and I sampled
              - roasted sweet potatoes with molasses (omg, yum)
              - chicken marsala
              - veal & peas
              - tortellini with prosciutto and cream sauce
              - salad with italian dressing

(I only had a little bit of each).

Then afterwards, CAKE!! YUM. Marble cake with buttercream icing. Oh and I had half an Italian cookie.

After I got home I opened one of my gifts and it was a very LARGE box of fancy schmancy handmade chocolates from L.A. Burdick... I did have a few of those too. I just HAD to. I wouldn't trust anyone who could resist these chocolates.

I put them in the fridge. I will eat a few next cheat day....

All in all I had a good cheat day .. next time it won't be a "party" day so I will hopefully eat more "food food" rather than sweets and desserts. I still am SO craving fish and chips..... next week!!

Best of luck to everyone else this week!!!

-Katie
              Have you met Alice?

#307 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:21 PM

finz, congrats on the loss! And your cheat day sounded really yummy, especially since I just finished Day 1 !!

I've been pretty hungry today, I think it's just because I've been eating so much the past few weeks that my stomach needs to shrink back down. Hopefully tomorrow I won't be as hungry.

I've got a ways to go before my first cheat day!

#308 eec129

eec129
                • 108 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:45 PM

Would someone mind emailing this to me, at eec129@gmail.com? I guess I don't have enough points to open up the file.

Thank you in advance!
                  44 booked plus bride and groom!

http://img.weddingco...er/zva23vtt.png

#309 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
                  • 1,225 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:27 AM

So I have been looking over this for the last few days, and I keep thinking of the meals I can make. Im totally stumped. Did anyone else have a hard time making a menu up the low carb days? I guess its more snack wise.

Erin: Just emailed it to you

#310 finzup

finzup
                    • 468 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:37 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by SgtPepperette
                      So I have been looking over this for the last few days, and I keep thinking of the meals I can make. Im totally stumped. Did anyone else have a hard time making a menu up the low carb days? I guess its more snack wise.

Erin: Just emailed it to you

Low Carb Meals

breakfast:

2 egg whites + 2 turkey sausage links (I use banquet frozen)
                      2 egg whites + 2 bacon (I use the very thin pre cooked kind . they are low fat.. if you use regular bacon I would only use 1 slice)
                      2 egg whites + 2 pcs canadian bacon
                      1 whole egg + 2 egg whites
                      cottage cheese + ham

Lunches, Snacks

1 chicken sausage (sams club asiago/spinach) + walnuts
                      1 chicken sausage + cheese stick
                      full fat cottage cheese (that counts as both protein + fat)
                      low fat cottage cheese + almonds or walnuts
                      low fat cottage cheese + cheese stick
                      piece of chicken breast + celery stuffed with cream cheese
                      deli roast beef + goat cheese wrapped in lettuce
                      deli turkey + goat cheese + red peppers
                      can tunafish + mayonnaise (over greens or plain)
                      1 egg + 1 egg white + low fat mayonnaise (over greens or plain)
                      1/2c chobani 2% plain greek yogurt + chopped walnuts (gives it a nice crunch)

Suppers
                      chicken breast + mozzarella cheese + tomatoes + string beans
                      chicken breast +low fat cheddar + thin bacon + spinach
                      salmon + grilled zucchini
                      Grilled chicken or shrimp Caesar salad - no croutons, dressing on side
                      Chicken/Beef kabobs - with mushrooms, onions, peppers, zucchini
                      Pan seared scallops + garlicy spinach
                      turkey mignons (from sams club.. basically a white meat turkey breast peace surrounded by bacon -- it looks like filet mignon) + string beans

The options are endless .. mix and match!

-Katie
                      Have you met Alice?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users