125 replies to this topic

#101 JulieG

JulieG
  • VIP Member
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:00 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LeXiee
    If ever some ladies from Canada want to order some Starfish... I ordered from here: http://www.tropitek.net/

They are really nice and sent me exactly what I wanted.... I will be using them to make bouts :) They do smell though.... kinda fishy... but it's not that bad.
    Great info, thank you for that. I am sure lots of Canadian Brides are thanking you right now.

I just left mine outside during the day one day to air them out and they did not smell anymore. So try that.

#102 newfiebride

newfiebride
    • 196 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:06 AM

Did any of you guys find anywhere after to order starfish that wouldn't break your bank when it arrived from all the shipping and duty charges? (like CourtneyV who I see got dinged with $50 extra bucks for duty!!!)

#103 nat4crim

nat4crim
      • 163 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:06 AM

I'm not sure what kind of starfish you are looking for? Fake or Real? If fake, Michaels definately has some. As for buying from US companies, you can avoid getting charged crazy duty/brokerage fees if you ensure that they use USPS. They don't charge crazy fees and there are no suprises when your package arrives. UPS is the shipping company that charges crazy extras like for instance a fee to fill out custom forms...I know someone who bought a $3 product and she paid $30 in fees to UPS. I refuse to purchase anything shipped through UPS.

#104 nat4crim

nat4crim
        • 163 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:25 AM

I must admit I did not read the entire thread so these might be duplicates but here are a couple of sites I have dealt with and will be. They all have reasonable shipping fees, some ship from Canada and none use UPS.

I got my starfish bouquet jewel from them- they ship from Alberta

Dream-Maker Wedding Consultants

I will be ordering alot of stuff from them (cake topper, favours, garter...) for one flat shipping fee of $15. There is an awesome sand ceremony kit I may consider.

Hudson's Bay Company (HBC): Browse through our distinctive line of wedding accessories.

I will be ordering some favours, bm gifts)

Wedding Favours - Bridal Shower Favours and Party Favour Ideas

On another note, I ran into pink and orange sand for the sand ceremony by complete accident at Loeblaws here in Toronto. It was a great find considering I was having a hard time finding those colours without having crazy shipping fees.

I hope this helps future DW Canadian brides :)

#105 newfiebride

newfiebride
          • 196 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:00 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by nat4crim
            I'm not sure what kind of starfish you are looking for? Fake or Real? If fake, Michaels definately has some. As for buying from US companies, you can avoid getting charged crazy duty/brokerage fees if you ensure that they use USPS. They don't charge crazy fees and there are no suprises when your package arrives. UPS is the shipping company that charges crazy extras like for instance a fee to fill out custom forms...I know someone who bought a $3 product and she paid $30 in fees to UPS. I refuse to purchase anything shipped through UPS.
            It's the white finger starfish that i'm looking for, actually have ordered but not paid for yet, and Michael's dont have those as I checked last week
            Click the image to open in full size.

#106 newfiebride

newfiebride
            • 196 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:21 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by nat4crim
              I must admit I did not read the entire thread so these might be duplicates but here are a couple of sites I have dealt with and will be. They all have reasonable shipping fees, some ship from Canada and none use UPS.

I got my starfish bouquet jewel from them- they ship from Alberta

Dream-Maker Wedding Consultants

I will be ordering alot of stuff from them (cake topper, favours, garter...) for one flat shipping fee of $15. There is an awesome sand ceremony kit I may consider.

Hudson's Bay Company (HBC): Browse through our distinctive line of wedding accessories.

I will be ordering some favours, bm gifts)

Wedding Favours - Bridal Shower Favours and Party Favour Ideas

On another note, I ran into pink and orange sand for the sand ceremony by complete accident at Loeblaws here in Toronto. It was a great find considering I was having a hard time finding those colours without having crazy shipping fees.

I hope this helps future DW Canadian brides :)

Thanks. Checking all these out now :)

#107 kiki

kiki
              • Banned
              • 170 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:34 AM

i went to a bridal show this sunday in Ottawa and found this amazing invite company. By far the best ive seen in a long time! Here's her website:

Tagz - Creative gift tags, name tags, wedding invitations and more....

They really are great and she will ship anywhere!

#108 kiki

kiki
                • Banned
                • 170 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:35 AM

i went to a bridal show this sunday in Ottawa and foudn this amazing girl who makes amazing invites and anythign else you need for your wedding...by far the best ive seen in a long time! Here's her website:

Tagz - Creative gift tags, name tags, wedding invitations and more....

They rally are great and she will ship anywhere!

#109 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                  • 4,979 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 08:09 PM

I just ordered these books for my OOT bags - they're $3 per book and after $39 shipping is free.

Click the image to open in full size.
                    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#110 LeXiee

LeXiee
                    • 286 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:48 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JulieG
                      Great info, thank you for that. I am sure lots of Canadian Brides are thanking you right now.

I just left mine outside during the day one day to air them out and they did not smell anymore. So try that.
                      They do not smell anymore :) I layed them out in my basement for about a month... no more odor :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users