Canadian Websites - OOT Bag Goodies, Invites and More

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#1 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 01:55 PM

Alright my Canadian pals,

We're all sick of those shipping costs! Post your used/bookmarked Canadian Sites ... and help our budgets!! Anything from OOT Bag goodies, to invites. Alos, if you have any really good Canadian stores that you have been to (chains or otherwise), post 'em here!

We need to help eachother out! lol ... and thanks, eh!
    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#2 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
    • VIP Member
    • 2,861 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:14 PM

OK Ill go first.

Baron Cards

Invitations, Cards and Stylish Stationery for Modern Weddings, Baby, Showers and More!
      This is where I am going to order my invites, place cards, table numbers, gift tags and menus from. I will let you know what they were like after I order them!
      Shipping is great though! I took this from their site

SHIPPING TO CANADIAN DESTINATIONS

Order Subtotal Standard (2-5 business days) Expedited (1-3 business days)

$0.00 - $250.00 $10.00 $20.00
      $250.00 - $450.00 $15.00 $25.00
      $450.00 + FREE FREE

#3 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
      • 4,979 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:32 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by kucka00
        Us Americans appreciate it too! The Canadia $ is cheaper so keep 'em comming! :)
        It seems like everything I look up in the U.S. is pretty reasonably priced, but shipping kills me every single time! Sometimes I can pay over half of what my subtotal is in shipping (e.g. my starfish and sand dollars - $98, shipping $64!!!!!)

Anyways, you Americans can use our sites too..... I guess. lol. j/k Sabina. If you find one, feel free to post! :)

#4 RiuORBride2B

RiuORBride2B
        • 49 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:38 PM

I am definately going to keep my eye on this thread. Thanks for starting it.

BTW I am totally anti-crafting and I went to a craft store this morning, see what is happening after becoming addicted to this site. All you crafty people and DIY projects.

#5 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
          • 554 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:46 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Nini_Bride
            It seems like everything I look up in the U.S. is pretty reasonably priced, but shipping kills me every single time! Sometimes I can pay over half of what my subtotal is in shipping (e.g. my starfish and sand dollars - $98, shipping $64!!!!!)

Anyways, you Americans can use our sites too..... I guess. lol. j/k Sabina. If you find one, feel free to post! :)
            Which site ddid you get your starfish and sand dollars?

by the way - Jcrew has a free shipping to canada until tomorrow - if anyone is interested!
            password is Canada

#6 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
            • 4,979 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:02 PM

Ooh, good one Jennette!!

I ordered the shells from a (I think) qualityshells.com hmm, let me see if I can find the thread I posted it in earlier...

#7 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
              • 4,979 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:06 PM

Sorry, this is the site I bought through. Shipping was KILLLLLLLLER, but not many places will send to Canada, plus this place guarantees the safe arrival of everything.

Sand Dollars, Sand Dollar, Sanddollars, Sandollar, Sandollars, Bank

#8 Rkiss

Rkiss
                • 37 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:33 PM

I ordered a ton of favours from Wedding Favours - Bridal Shower Favours and Party Favour Ideas
                  I thought it was a Canadian site but the package came from the US. Shipping was only $12 though. Really cute stuff and packaged nicely.
                  I have ordered from Ebay as well and it works out if you tell them to mark it as a gift (which they have all done). The only problem I have had is with my M&M's which I ordered personalized. They were going to charge me $60 for shipping. I sent them to a friend I have in Seattle and she brought them over the border and shipped them from Vancouver. Was a bit of a hassle but saved money! You could always have it shipped to someone in the US and they can send it to you. Works out way better.

#9 RiuORBride2B

RiuORBride2B
                  • 49 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 07:15 PM

I have been scouring the internet for dresses and have found suppliers in Ontario (I only looked for Ontario) for Watters (one of my faves)

Watters | Find Your Watters Dress At A Store Near You

Apparently there is also a David's Bridal just over the border in Buffalo

I'll post more if I find any

#10 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                    • 4,979 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:34 PM

For the Alberta DIY Brides:

Scrapbooker's Paradise has an "Invitation Discount Deal". What you do is keep all of your receipts from your invitation purchases, and when you've finished your DIY invitations, you bring in the receipts with an invitation. They want examples/inspiration for invitations, so they'll credit you back 10% of your purchase (not sure if this is cash, or store credit - the clerk couldn't remember).

Having said that, I haven't had the best experiences in the south Calgary store. I'm not sure if it's just a string of bad luck, or if they generally suck. lol. I placed an order for paper, the lady told me to show up on Wednesday, so I came in on Thursday... and as it turns out, she never sent in my order! UGH! Lady, I'm trying to get my invites out! Anyways, the cashier that was there this time sent the order right away... but when I went to go pick up, they had no record that I paid in full!!! Good thing I remembered my receipt. But even when I showed her the receipt, she questioned whether or not I'd bought before and was claiming I paid in full, she said to me, "are you sure you paid for this?" Umm yes. Anyways, she found my order sheet and it said PAID IN FULL on it.

Anywho... they're not so bad that I won't go back, because they do have a large selection, but I don't have a lot of patience anymore with them.

They have four Alberta locations:

South Calgary
                      Macleod Plaza
                      #20, 9250 Macleod Trail S.
                      253-4799
                      M-F 9:30 - 9:00
                      Sat 9:30 - 5:00

North Calgary
                      Crowfoot Crossing
                      45 Crowfoot Terrace NW
                      547-8522
                      Sun 12:00 - 5:00

Red Deer
                      South Point Crossing
                      #185, 2004 - 50th Avenue
                      314-0550

Lethbridge
                      College Centre
                      103B - 2045 Mayor Magrath Dr
                      327-2122

And here's their website: Scrapbooker's Paradise, Canada's Largest Scrapbooking Store

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users