Any Chicago area 2010 brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#91 Lindobride14

• 279 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:20 AM

Hey Girls. I grew up on the south side of Chicago near Midway, but am currently living in the western suburbs.  Any 2011 brides are interested in a get together?

Like many have said, I am the first of any of our friends or family to do a destination wedding and would love to meet with some peeps that know what the heck I'm talking about! LOL

#92 hockeymom97

• 2,458 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by peterpanpixiedust 

Aw, this is the only Chicago one... but sadly I'm 2011. I'm afraid to make another thread (suffer from slight mod phobia - always afraid I'll post one too many...lol). I'm from the south suburbs and totally up for meeting with the more seasoned planners if I'm welcome. Otherwise, have a fun get together!

I wish I would have named the thread differently when I started it. Little did I know at the time that we'd end up having to push back our date and I'm now a 2011 bride too, lol. I say all Chicago area brides are welcome no matter what the date :)

I'm all in for the dates in Oct if you are still going to be here Brandy?? Maybe that Sun evening on the 3rd?

Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#93 mpeter81

• 37 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:24 AM

Chicago bride here!  I live in the city - in Wrigelyville.  Getting married at Dreams Cabo in Oct 2011.  A meetup would be fun! 

#94 ashleeandkurt11

• 11 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:25 PM

Fellow Chi Brides hi! 

There is only one of us who are in Chicago, the bride, but the groom is finishing up a graduate study abroad in Argentina until January.  Thank God for Skype and Magic Jack, when he can get a connection.  Just spent a few summer months down there what a city, Buenos Aires.  I am at the parents in the Barrington/Iverness area while I finish up my internship.  We went for a destination wedding because he has divorced parents and remarriages, step family, it would get messy on who is paying for or doing what.  I have been to the holidays over the four yrs, I do not want that for my wedding. 

Actually if a fellow Chicago area bride is looking for a truly great destination wedding planner, than email me because I found a winner who is in the Northwest Suburbs and knows so much.  Wow!  I thought my head would explode.  I could not get the hotel to email me back, thought they wanted the business.  I didn’t have time for all this and still do my internship.  She came in, we setup a Skype so Kurt could talk. 

We still have not made the choice be we have it narrowed down to the two Now resorts in the south Cancun area.  I am still looking for any input from brides here.  Tried The Knot but nothing is going on there.  I saw this place was suggested.  Welcome the input if someone has had a wedding there.   

#95 AmyBoerema

• 75 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:48 AM

I am a Chicago-area bride, from the western suburbs. Getting married in two months, at Dreams Tulum on the Riviera Maya! I am soooo excited! Just had my shower and bachelorette party this past weekend, and it was one of the best days ever! (minus the hangover the following day).

#96 msglave

• 933 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:14 AM

Chicago brides, are we ever gonna meet up?

The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
              Our keycard holders w/ template & pics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users