Sign in to follow this  
azulskies

Advice on guests and events

I'm still months away but I'm trying to figure some things out. I believe most of our guests are planning on landing in Maui 2 days before our wedding. I'm clueless as to what events I should plan..?

What are you guys doing/did for your guests? Did you have a rehearsal dinner and invite all? Did you plan a group outing? Or did everyone just do their own thing? Did you still see your guests after your wedding (if you stayed in the same place)?

I wanted to do a welcome BBQ in lieu of a rehearsal dinner but I just can't seem to get it worked out in my head as far as a timeline goes. Thanks for any advice!

We decided to do a welcome dinner on the friday night before we get married. All of our guests are flying in at different times so the only time I was SURE everyone would be around was the friday night before....but I know a lot of girls do an excursion or other events, but I personally did not :) I hope to see my guests after the wedding but haven't planned anything specific because a lot of them are flying out that day wink.gif

We did a welcome dinner the night before our wedding with all of our guests. We also did an excursion with the guests but didn't force anyone to come with us. We simply mentioned that we were doing an excursion the day after the wedding and if anyone was interested to let us know. I'd say about 75% of our guests came on the excursion (Tulum Ruins) so we were actually able to get a shuttle just for our group.

I think it depends on the # of guests you have. If you have alot, it might be hard to get everyone together at the same time.

We're going to be doing a welcome dinner at the resort 1st night in. Then people will be on their own for the rest of the week. We figure not to plan anything until we get there. After all it's their holiday too and they can do whatever they want. Probably will do what GinalynL did, just tell people were we're going and they'll come if they want.

Everyone arrives Friday or Saturday...so we are having a welcome dinner on the Sunday night and wedding on the Tuesday.

After the wedding we are going to do excursions but it will be up to the guests to join us or not. Most of our guests are staying for a minimum of 1 week if not 2. So we have lots of time :)

I'm planning to do a welcome party the day before the wedding for my guests as an initial thank you for coming to our wedding celebration.

Thanks for all the advice! I think I'm just going to go with having a welcome dinner the night before the wedding and then if people want to come along for excursions, they can...thanks!

Our rehearsal will be WP/parents only, but we plan on having an open "join us for drinks" Friday night at the west wing bar of the MGM

we arent doing anything.. Well we are doing the rehearsal dinner but that will be for just the wedding party and family. We will have about 70 people so its just too much to have a welcome dinner or plan an excursion for everyone. Plus everyone is coming in at dif times and we want it to be their vacation too so we don't want to be setting out timelines for them, other than the wedding day.

We're only doing a rehearsal dinner for the wedding party and significant others (and family) and then a boat cruise - which isn't mandatory. We are paying for whoever wants to join (and whoever is there, because our guests have varying arrival and dept times too). I want people to be able to choose what they do during their vacation other than the wedding day of course wink.gif