Photo

August 2010 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#131 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:03 PM

My surprise bridal shower was today! I totally wasn't expecting it. I told my fiance to tell my mom and MOH not to throw me one because of the expense of the cruise, but they did it anyway, and I'm very grateful. I was especially happy to see family members and friends who cannot make it to the wedding, because I don't see them often. My great-aunt told me the story of how my grandmother introduced her to my great-uncle, and how they would've been married 63 years last week (he passed away last year). They had such a cute love story....she said she hopes we have as many years of love as they did. 38 days to go!

#132 kwaits

kwaits
    • 98 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

Wedding Dress Drama with a happy ending:

When I bought my dress back in January it was a discontinued style so I bought the dress they had in store. It was a size 10 which in a street dress would be perfect, but in the wedding dress world a 10 would never fit. However, this one fit PERFECTLY in so many ways. The length was great (no hemming needed), the waist was flattering and made me look tiny :-), However, the chests area was WAY too tight. I was blessed with boobs so I knew this would probably happen. They said that they would let it out about 2 inches to make it fit perfectly. I went back last week to pick it up and try it on. Sadly, when I put it on, it was still way too tight on top. They swore that it had been let out, but I didn't believe them. So they said they would fix it. I went back yesterday to try it on again, and now it's too big!! Luckily it will only take a little work to make it perfect. And they aren't charging me for any of the alterations past the original work.

#133 KelZavs20

KelZavs20
      • 301 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:13 PM

less than 4 weeks to go....and still a mountain of projects!
        ceremony programs, oot bags, music selections only to name a couple!!!
        can you tell im a procrastinator?

#134 Sax Lady

Sax Lady
        • 265 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:09 PM

Kelzavs, I have about 5 and half weeks and I have the programs and favors and still got to get FI's suit. I pretty sure I'm forgetting something haha. But we will have it all done by the time we say I DO haha.

#135 kokukitty

kokukitty
          • 49 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:53 AM

We leave for Ireland tonight! I can't believe the time is finally here.

#136 Sax Lady

Sax Lady
            • 265 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:17 PM

Congrats kokukitty, and have fun.

#137 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
              • 340 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:26 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by kokukitty
                We leave for Ireland tonight! I can't believe the time is finally here.
                Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful wedding!

#138 Jennyco116

Jennyco116
                • 115 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:05 AM

We leave 3 weeks from today...wow this went by fast.  I am finally getting excited.  I have washed my hands of my unfinished DIY projects and have committed myself to making sure that I dont forget the most important things (i.e. passport, birth certificate) LOL. I cant wait. 

#139 PynkLemonade

PynkLemonade
                  • 350 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:41 AM

Leaving in 8 days, married in 13! I am such a happy girl. Still got some loose ends to tie up but all will be done by Monday! Good luck to all my August Brides! Our month is almost here!

#140 KelZavs20

KelZavs20
                    • 301 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:00 AM

leaving in 10...married in 13.......going nuts because i left all diy projects unitl now!!!! but, it will all be perfect! (i hope!)

good luck all august brides!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users