Photo

NEED help finding a dress

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 taraappl

taraappl
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:40 PM

So I thought I had my dress all picked out for our Mexico beach wedding. Here is the link David's Bridal - Chiffon A-line gown with side draped bodice, beaded lace, and lace up back. . I tried this on and it was awesome. I love it. I kicked around the idea of having something more beachy. That is initially what I wanted. I wanted something real flowy and short or floor length without a train. I saw this dress and loved it. Then for the AHR, I was thinking I could get a dress to change into to be more comfortable for later. I emailed my FI a picture of it and he was like, "THATS THE DRESS!" He loves it and thinks I should find something more like that. I honestly really like it but it only comes in a size 2 in white which is not my size. I'm a size 6 in dresses. HELP? Here is a picture of the one he loves. David's Bridal - Short Chiffon Dress with Strapless Sweetheart Neckline

#2 bearbunny

bearbunny
    • 183 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:52 PM

I agree - he will love whatever you choose...surprise him :) for a casual dress try try nordstroms or jcrew..they have really cute beach wedding dresses.

#3 jk1101

jk1101
      • 2,582 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:08 PM

I think whatever your FI sees you in he will love. Get the one you love, and then for your AHR you can get one similar to the DB dress if they don't have your size.

#4 roo66

roo66
        • 1,001 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:52 PM

Now you just made your life so much harder right now, cos i bet he wouldnt even remember in two weeks which one you showed him.Take some more time and throw a few more at him not even dresses in your lovveee pile and see his reaction.Dont rely on anyone else to pick otherwise youll be posting second and third dresses hehe x

#5 taraappl

taraappl
          • 69 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:19 PM

thanks all. Its been a frustrating day!

#6 taraappl

taraappl
            • 69 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:34 PM

So..... I bought the more beachy dress today. Here is my thought..... When it arrives it is returnable. I will try it on and if I dont like it, I will go with the dress I know I love.

#7 sperger

sperger
              • Banned
              • 474 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:37 PM

I love the beachy dres, and I think your plan is perfect. I've been unexpectedly surprised with good customer service about returns lately!

#8 taraappl

taraappl
                • 69 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:45 PM

I found my dress!!! I got the original one and didnt care for it too much. When I was online returning it, I saw another one for $199! It was my style so I ordered it and it arrived today. I love it!! David's Bridal - Side-Drape Embroidered Dress BR1009

#9 vlynnw

vlynnw
                  • 6,003 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:51 PM

It's beautiful - I'm glad you found your dress, are you still keeping the short one for the AHR?
                    Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#10 Huey

Huey
                    • 74 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:02 PM

Yay! That's the perfect outcome then. =) It's going to look beautiful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users