Minimum requested from a WC?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ldeavila

ldeavila
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:33 PM

Hi all,

As I’ve stated before, I am in the early stages of planning for my PV wedding. I have e-mailed a few WC with the basic details of what I have in mind (type of ceremony, possible locations, and estimate number of guests). Most WC have responded fairly quickly with their quotes, but one WC in particular told me the following:

“Due to the level of custom designed elements and the level of service we provide our clients we do hold an event minimum of 10,000 dollars. We fully realize that this is not within everyone’s budget range. If this is I would be happy to schedule a time for us to chat. If not, I would be happy to introduce you to our partner company that handles smaller scale events.”

Does this seem normal? Have others gotten this type of response from a
    WC
    [IMG]
    Mr. & Mrs. Rangel!!!

#2 Jess

Jess
    • 4,455 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:40 PM

hmm thats weird...never heard of that...usually they just have a fee and then the rest is food/beverage/decorations/etc.

#3 MaryS

MaryS
      • 313 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:47 PM

Never heard of that. I have really enjoyed working with my WC. And the price was reasonable.
        WE ARE MARRIED!!

#4 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
        • 2,777 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:35 PM

Where are you having your wedding?

I haven't heard of this in the RM anyway, but do know its common in the states. There are alot of VERY talented WC here who have been around for a while and in their area have become known to do amazing work and there is a demand there for higher priced work who have a minimum that they work in. I'm trying to think of what wedding show it was on TV but one of them introduces the WC and they state what price range they work in. This is common especially in larger areas. People who have alot of money to spend want to make sure they have a reputable WC who has worked w/ this kind of money and could put it to good use. Some WC have a set fee and some charge a certain percentage of your budget

Don't worry about it. There are still plenty of great WC who don't have a minimum budget.

#5 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
          • 1,574 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:42 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ldeavila
            Hi all,

As I’ve stated before, I am in the early stages of planning for my PV wedding. I have e-mailed a few WC with the basic details of what I have in mind (type of ceremony, possible locations, and estimate number of guests). Most WC have responded fairly quickly with their quotes, but one WC in particular told me the following:

“Due to the level of custom designed elements and the level of service we provide our clients we do hold an event minimum of 10,000 dollars. We fully realize that this is not within everyone’s budget range. If this is I would be happy to schedule a time for us to chat. If not, I would be happy to introduce you to our partner company that handles smaller scale events.”

Does this seem normal? Have others gotten this type of response from a
            WC
            I've never heard of that either and didn't know of any our WC's were doing that, although I have a pretty good guess as to who it is from the language used. Everyone down here does things a little different - we don't have a minimum or set fee because the fee depends on how much detail you want which is also tied into the decor. But I know that some of my gfriends do have a set fee or different packages. Mexico is sortof a "wild wild west" and, like a I said above, pretty much everyone does their own "thang" a little different :). In the end, it's what (and who) you're most comfortable with :).

#6 ldeavila

ldeavila
            • 206 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:53 AM

Yes, I did not feel comfortable going with that WC, so needless to say, they are no longer being considered....
              [IMG]
              Mr. & Mrs. Rangel!!!

#7 Scarletina

Scarletina
              • 85 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:16 PM

Wow. That isn't the best way to gain a great reputation is it? LOL. I contacted probably 10-15 coordinators while I was looking and never heard of anything like this. Good luck picking someone! I know it was my hardest decision early on!
                37 CABINS BOOKED AND COUNTING!!

CHECK OUT MY WEDDING WEBSITE:

WWW.WEDDINGAWEIGH.COM

#8 mellowyellow

mellowyellow
                • 7 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:04 PM

I got the same message from a vendor. I was told they only do events with budgets of 10K and up!! I am assuming this was the cost for the entire reception (or thats what i gathered) and their fee was an additional $1,500. My request was 'graciously declined' because I did not fit the bill of their typical (wealthy i assume) clients. They were very nice broaching the subject and I appreciated their honesty but was surprised that they turned me away.

#9 ldeavila

ldeavila
                  • 206 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:10 PM

LOL!! That's how I felt when I received their "rejection" email......
                    [IMG]
                    Mr. & Mrs. Rangel!!!

#10 isaidyes

isaidyes
                    • 269 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:31 PM

Seems wierd to me! Never heard of it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users