Photo

Freaking Out - Last Minute Change??

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
  • 420 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:12 AM

Melissa, if you read this, give me your advice!!!

As some of you know, it took me FOREVER to pick a location. And I picked the Barcelo Maya Colonial, I can't really remember why now! Though I know Melissa loved it, which gives me hope.

But now, we are about to sign the contract, and I'm freaking out because they're saying ABSOLUTELY no external photographer, and Tammy says they are stricter than all the other resorts even.
    They're also saying, no vendors of any kind, and no welcome dinner or brunch after on site... I just want a reserved table for my guests that are staying at the resort, it seems like a reasonable request, and since everyone is paying for AI, I don't want to have to organize dinner and brunch off site, you know?

So, I've already sent out my location, STDs etc, but nobody has booked yet because the room blocks aren't in place. Should I think about moving the location

Help, I'm freaking out.
    Margaret & Eric

#2 *JillD*

*JillD*
    • 5,112 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:44 AM

I remember that Melissa had to go off site to do pictures with her photographer because they didn't allow outside vendors.

I haven't seen Melissa on a lot lately, you might want to email her to get a quicker response, I don't know how often she's on.

#3 Adamsgrrl

Adamsgrrl
      • 466 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 01:16 PM

Hmmmmm.. to be honest I would think about it. You have plenty of time to find another place and I wouldn't worry about the STD,etc. It just seems like there not being accomidating at all..

but wait didn't Melissa have an outside photographer? Maybe she just bought a day pass.

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 09 June 2007 - 01:41 PM

Magsie,

since no one has booked yet, it is easy to change the location if that is what you want...also, i will help...if/when people call, i will of course diret them to the right hotel.

also, i remember that one of your main reasons for picking that resort was because their prices were on the low end but for 2008 they really jacked up their prices...

let me know if i can help anyway...2008 prices are just coming out so it will be easier for me to get prices for other resorts to help you.

tammy

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
        • 420 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 06:53 AM

Tammy, you're the best, I know you've been putting in work to get the room blocks sorted with them too, so, it's great that you are supportive of a potential change, thank you so much!

I'm not sure what to do. I can't tell if this is just a Barcelo thing, i know lots of places have issues with the outside vendors... and I don't know if most places allow a night before welcome dinner... so I'm not sure if I'm freaking out unnecessarily because actually, all the places will have these problems, and i don't wnat to go through the whole searching again for no reason...

Not sure what to do.
          Margaret & Eric

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:55 AM

barcelo is stricter with their rules. most of the other resorts welcome doing private events or being more accomodating....

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:59 AM

Margaret,
          honestly your guests will not be upset if you change your plans. I did and it was not that big of a deal. You have to do what is best for you and your overall picture of the wedding.
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#8 Heligirl

Heligirl
          • 97 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:05 AM

THink aboout how much money you and all your guests are spending.. I wouldn't want to go somewhere that is so strict...

#9 Yazmin De La Mora

Yazmin De La Mora
            • Vendor
            • 336 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 03:19 PM

Hello Margaret.
              Why you just let them know that if they are not flexible you will change the whole location?
              Let's see what they do....

Yazmin.

#10 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
              • 420 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 05:24 PM

Yes, thanks Yazmin, we will call them (we keep trying, but they're never there!), and discuss... Hopefully, we can make it clear and come to some agreement. I haven't signed the contract yet, but Tammy's been working hard on it, and I really don't want to have to go through choosing a location again!

Having worked there, would you recommend it? Do you think I will get most things I want through them, so only need to worry about the photographer and the welcome dinner?
                Margaret & Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users