Attention Facebook Users!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:28 PM

Hey everyone!

My DH just sent me this cool link of a how-to for FB. Basically, it tells you how to filter your newsfeed so you only get updates on people you want to see updates on...thank goodness! This will be especially useful for people with hundreds of friends on their friends' list. Who could possibly keep up or would want to keep up with that many updates? I tested it out just now and it works perfectly so I figured I'd share the info with you all!

How To Filter Out Facebook "Friends" Without Them Knowing

#2 ~*DiAnE*~

~*DiAnE*~
    • 1,418 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:29 PM

Thanks Kathy!! Can't wait to try this!! :)

#3 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,569 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:33 PM

Oh this is great, now I wont secretly have to unfriend people! Ha ha

Well I still may do that.

#4 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
        • 5,649 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:35 PM

lol Erika! I have a few groups created on my FB and I control what they can see on my page and what they can't...it's mostly for people like my jerkass BIL who "friended" me a few months ago even though we're not anywhere near being friends at all lol (we kind of hate each other). I think he just friended me because he wanted to increase his count

#5 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,569 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:37 PM

I know or work people. There is totally an OVERLY NOSEY girl at work who friended me, so I blocked her from seeing my pics and then removed her as a friend a few weeks later. I dont know if she ever noticed or not.

Seriously she is way to nosey, she always listens to peoples phone calls, tries to see what is on thier comp screen, and asks in appropriate questions. Like how much money another co-workers FI makes. So wierd. Seriously who asks that!!!

#6 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
            • 5,649 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:40 PM

Aw that's the worst Erika! I have a co-worker that is exactly like that on my FB friends list. I haven't deleted her yet (though I want to) but I have her totally blocked. When I got back from my wedding and put a few pics on FB for my family to see, she went around on her FB showing other people in the office MY pics. Like wtf is wrong with you lady? You need to show people who I don't really know very well in the office my personal stuff? That's just plain rude IMO. After that, I made my blocked list and my safe list lol, I was so pissed.

#7 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 3,490 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:47 PM

hahaha I have a "work" group and a "friend" group set up too. although for some reason I feel like the work group can see my pics even though I have the privacy setting set so they are not suppose to see them facebook confuses me sometimes!

#8 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                • 5,649 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:50 PM

Andi - You can "test" whether or not people can see pics/stuff on your page. Go in to "Settings" and then click on "Privacy Settings" then click on "Profile". After that at the top of the page you'll see something that says "See how a friend sees your profile:" and then a box where you can type in people's names. Type in the name of the person you want to view your FB stuff as and it'll show you what their screen looks like when they are on your page. It's pretty neat!

#9 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
                  • 4,512 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:57 PM

Ah this will be really helpful! Thanks Kathy!
                    *Formerly Nikki07*
                    My Planning Thread

#10 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 6,368 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:01 PM

Thanks for the info Kathy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users