Jump to content

Photo

2010 Iberostar Weddings


  • Please log in to reply
563 replies to this topic

#371 Lindobride14

Lindobride14
  • Jr. Member
  • 279 posts

    Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:51 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LDeeken
    Tara, You can stay at the Lindo and have the ceremony and reception at the Del Mar. That is what we are doing. It works out nice too because then our guests can stay at the Del Mar which is a little less expensive. You will however have to work with the wedding coordinator at the Del Mar and book your wedding through them.

    If you are able to do a private reception at the Lindo that would be great! I think if I would have known that before I might have considered getting married at the Lindo instead. Though I do LOVE the Gazebo at the Del Mar.
    I already gave my 25% deposit to Lindo, so I'm not sure if I can change it to the Del Mar at this point if we decided that's what we wanted to do. I really like the photos I've seen from a bride's reception at the Del Mar's Italian restaurant.

    I am waiting on exact prices from our TA for a group rate at the Lindo. If it's a bit pricey for guests, I may consider switching to the Del Mar. I have to make these decisions by next week though, because our STD letters are going out and I've included all of Lindo's info in the STD! Oh, the stress.

    #372 sam33

    sam33
    • Newbie
    • 62 posts

      Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:07 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Britt1222
      I recently e-mailed and asked for mine. I got it a day later.
      Thankyou for your advice, I emailed Mayra for the information and I received it the next day.
      The only dilemma i now have is in deciding what flowers to have!!!

      Thankyou once again

      #373 lisanicole

      lisanicole
      • Newbie
      • 67 posts

        Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:11 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lindobride14
        Lisa-

        Yes, if you could email me that info that would be very helpful. My email is taramoretti@gmail.com. Thanks in advance!
        I just emailed you the pictures I received and the different packages I was sent to chose from.

        #374 Lindobride14

        Lindobride14
        • Jr. Member
        • 279 posts

          Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:39 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by lisanicole
          I just emailed you the pictures I received and the different packages I was sent to chose from.
          Hi Lisa,

          Thank you SO much for sending that. Gives me some peace of mind to see it on paper with all the conflicting info out there.

          I think the room looks very nice. It was really important to us, too, that dinner and dancing be in the same location. Can't wait to see pics from your wedding!

          I would do the "Dream" Religious Package for $4,650. Quick question for you : The sheet says $20pp over the 10 guests included. Is the $13pp open bar in addition to that?

          #375 lisanicole

          lisanicole
          • Newbie
          • 67 posts

            Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:15 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Lindobride14
            Hi Lisa,

            Thank you SO much for sending that. Gives me some peace of mind to see it on paper with all the conflicting info out there.

            I think the room looks very nice. It was really important to us, too, that dinner and dancing be in the same location. Can't wait to see pics from your wedding!

            I would do the "Dream" Religious Package for $4,650. Quick question for you : The sheet says $20pp over the 10 guests included. Is the $13pp open bar in addition to that?
            I am also confused about that. I have asked many times and only get a response of "you will need to pay additional open bar fee per guest over 10". She attaches the open bar prices which state 13.00 per person. If I can get her to write "the 20.00 per person does not apply only the 13.00 per person" I will send you a copy of that email.

            The room does look nice. My wedding planner has been to a wedding there and said they do a beautiful job.

            #376 finleys7

            finleys7
            • Member
            • 703 posts

              Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:44 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Lindobride14
              I already gave my 25% deposit to Lindo, so I'm not sure if I can change it to the Del Mar at this point if we decided that's what we wanted to do. I really like the photos I've seen from a bride's reception at the Del Mar's Italian restaurant.

              I am waiting on exact prices from our TA for a group rate at the Lindo. If it's a bit pricey for guests, I may consider switching to the Del Mar. I have to make these decisions by next week though, because our STD letters are going out and I've included all of Lindo's info in the STD! Oh, the stress.
              Tara - You had a deposit I never heard of such a thing for the Iberostar's. Is this new?
              Shannon

              YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
              Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

              #377 Lindobride14

              Lindobride14
              • Jr. Member
              • 279 posts

                Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:24 PM

                Shannon-

                I don't know -- It must be! I was surprised by that too because all the info online says no deposit is required.

                However, Reyna said that in order to reserve our date she needed 25% of the package price (which I just estimated off the 2010 prices since 2011 aren't out yet) along with a copy of both sides of my credit card and my ID.

                Reyna's laughing her way to the bank with my $. haha

                Lisa-

                Yes, if you get that in writing, I would really appreciate it if you could forward that to me! BTW, who is your wedding planner and what details is she handling? I'm not using one currently, but am admittedly a little anxious about handling all the details myself.

                #378 Pierre Violle

                Pierre Violle
                • Jr. Member
                • 272 posts

                  Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:18 AM

                  I have shot a wedding at the Iberostat Paraiso Lindo. What best to give you an idea of the location than have a look at a photo-gallery on my blog: Wedding at the Iberostar - Mexico .

                  I hope that will give you ideas for your own wedding.

                  #379 Lindobride14

                  Lindobride14
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 279 posts

                    Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:43 PM

                    Hi girls-

                    My sister (MOH) will be traveling with her husband, their 1 year old, and she is also paying for her mother-in-law's trip so that she will have help babysitting.

                    She had planned to do a two-bedroom suite, but she was told that there are no 2 bedroom suites at the Lindo, so she will have to pay for a separate room for her MIL. (She doesn't want to be in the same room with her the whole trip LOL) I guess it's pretty expensive because she'd be paying for single occupancy for her MIL.

                    I feel bad that it's costing them so much. I thought of pairing another single person up with her MIL, but she really doesn't no anyone that well.

                    Anyone run into similar issues? Any tips I can give my sister?

                    #380 lisanicole

                    lisanicole
                    • Newbie
                    • 67 posts

                      Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:45 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Lindobride14
                      Shannon-

                      I don't know -- It must be! I was surprised by that too because all the info online says no deposit is required.

                      However, Reyna said that in order to reserve our date she needed 25% of the package price (which I just estimated off the 2010 prices since 2011 aren't out yet) along with a copy of both sides of my credit card and my ID.

                      Reyna's laughing her way to the bank with my $. haha

                      Lisa-

                      Yes, if you get that in writing, I would really appreciate it if you could forward that to me! BTW, who is your wedding planner and what details is she handling? I'm not using one currently, but am admittedly a little anxious about handling all the details myself.
                      I am using Destinationweddings.com. My TA has been very helpful. Not only his he booking all my guests (at the lowest rates anyone can find) he also is working with Iberostar. He has personally met both wedding planners and they seem to have a good relationship with him. They answer all his emails within a day. He also helped me with booking DJ and photographer (still have not decided on that though!)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users