Quote:
Originally Posted by LDeeken View Post
Tara, You can stay at the Lindo and have the ceremony and reception at the Del Mar. That is what we are doing. It works out nice too because then our guests can stay at the Del Mar which is a little less expensive. You will however have to work with the wedding coordinator at the Del Mar and book your wedding through them.

If you are able to do a private reception at the Lindo that would be great! I think if I would have known that before I might have considered getting married at the Lindo instead. Though I do LOVE the Gazebo at the Del Mar.
I already gave my 25% deposit to Lindo, so I'm not sure if I can change it to the Del Mar at this point if we decided that's what we wanted to do. I really like the photos I've seen from a bride's reception at the Del Mar's Italian restaurant.

I am waiting on exact prices from our TA for a group rate at the Lindo. If it's a bit pricey for guests, I may consider switching to the Del Mar. I have to make these decisions by next week though, because our STD letters are going out and I've included all of Lindo's info in the STD! Oh, the stress.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt1222 View Post
I recently e-mailed and asked for mine. I got it a day later.
Thankyou for your advice, I emailed Mayra for the information and I received it the next day.
The only dilemma i now have is in deciding what flowers to have!!!

Thankyou once again

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole View Post
I just emailed you the pictures I received and the different packages I was sent to chose from.
Hi Lisa,

Thank you SO much for sending that. Gives me some peace of mind to see it on paper with all the conflicting info out there.

I think the room looks very nice. It was really important to us, too, that dinner and dancing be in the same location. Can't wait to see pics from your wedding!

I would do the "Dream" Religious Package for $4,650. Quick question for you : The sheet says $20pp over the 10 guests included. Is the $13pp open bar in addition to that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindobride14 View Post
Hi Lisa,

Thank you SO much for sending that. Gives me some peace of mind to see it on paper with all the conflicting info out there.

I think the room looks very nice. It was really important to us, too, that dinner and dancing be in the same location. Can't wait to see pics from your wedding!

I would do the "Dream" Religious Package for $4,650. Quick question for you : The sheet says $20pp over the 10 guests included. Is the $13pp open bar in addition to that?
I am also confused about that. I have asked many times and only get a response of "you will need to pay additional open bar fee per guest over 10". She attaches the open bar prices which state 13.00 per person. If I can get her to write "the 20.00 per person does not apply only the 13.00 per person" I will send you a copy of that email.

The room does look nice. My wedding planner has been to a wedding there and said they do a beautiful job.

Quote:
I already gave my 25% deposit to Lindo, so I'm not sure if I can change it to the Del Mar at this point if we decided that's what we wanted to do. I really like the photos I've seen from a bride's reception at the Del Mar's Italian restaurant.

I am waiting on exact prices from our TA for a group rate at the Lindo. If it's a bit pricey for guests, I may consider switching to the Del Mar. I have to make these decisions by next week though, because our STD letters are going out and I've included all of Lindo's info in the STD! Oh, the stress.
Tara - You had a deposithuh.gif I never heard of such a thing for the Iberostar's. Is this new?

Shannon-

I don't know -- It must be! I was surprised by that too because all the info online says no deposit is required.

However, Reyna said that in order to reserve our date she needed 25% of the package price (which I just estimated off the 2010 prices since 2011 aren't out yet) along with a copy of both sides of my credit card and my ID.

Reyna's laughing her way to the bank with my $. haha

Lisa-

Yes, if you get that in writing, I would really appreciate it if you could forward that to me! BTW, who is your wedding planner and what details is she handling? I'm not using one currently, but am admittedly a little anxious about handling all the details myself.

Hi girls-

My sister (MOH) will be traveling with her husband, their 1 year old, and she is also paying for her mother-in-law's trip so that she will have help babysitting.

She had planned to do a two-bedroom suite, but she was told that there are no 2 bedroom suites at the Lindo, so she will have to pay for a separate room for her MIL. (She doesn't want to be in the same room with her the whole trip LOL) I guess it's pretty expensive because she'd be paying for single occupancy for her MIL.

I feel bad that it's costing them so much. I thought of pairing another single person up with her MIL, but she really doesn't no anyone that well.

Anyone run into similar issues? Any tips I can give my sister?

Quote:
Shannon-

I don't know -- It must be! I was surprised by that too because all the info online says no deposit is required.

However, Reyna said that in order to reserve our date she needed 25% of the package price (which I just estimated off the 2010 prices since 2011 aren't out yet) along with a copy of both sides of my credit card and my ID.

Reyna's laughing her way to the bank with my $. haha

Lisa-

Yes, if you get that in writing, I would really appreciate it if you could forward that to me! BTW, who is your wedding planner and what details is she handling? I'm not using one currently, but am admittedly a little anxious about handling all the details myself.
I am using Destinationweddings.com. My TA has been very helpful. Not only his he booking all my guests (at the lowest rates anyone can find) he also is working with Iberostar. He has personally met both wedding planners and they seem to have a good relationship with him. They answer all his emails within a day. He also helped me with booking DJ and photographer (still have not decided on that though!)