Photo

Are you paying for your bridesmaids dresses?

• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#361 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
  • 413 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
  • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
  • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

Im not paying for my bridesmaids dresses. However I am looking for less expensive options for them, and what will fit in their budget. We are trying to keep it under 200.

However, I am buying them gifts as well as Ill be treating them to a pedicure before we leave. Ill be paying for pedicures for My mother, my 3 bridesmaids, myself, my mother inlaw and my FI grandma.  I was going to pay for them to get a manicure or gels as well, but I just cannot afford it.

#362 hortonk

hortonk
  • 87 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

I wasnt planning on paying for the bridesmaid dresses! i am thinking about doing a spa day with all my girls! Do you think i should plan it for before we go or while we are there? My only thoughts are- i want this to be a vacation for everyone also, So i dont want to take up a whole bunch of their time... thoughts?

#363 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
    • 413 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by hortonk 

I wasnt planning on paying for the bridesmaid dresses! i am thinking about doing a spa day with all my girls! Do you think i should plan it for before we go or while we are there? My only thoughts are- i want this to be a vacation for everyone also, So i dont want to take up a whole bunch of their time... thoughts?

From what I see for prices for resort spas, its quite pricey. Plus you will be so busy when you get there is my guess.

I personally am going to do it before we leave. We fly on a monday so I will do a day with them on the saturday before we leave :)

#364 hortonk

hortonk
    • 87 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

good idea! we leave on a Sunday so maybe we can plan it for Saturday morning- get everyone excited :):)

#365 Peach

Peach
      • 1,293 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

I was planning on doing this too... but it is kind of not working out. My FMIL (who I am close with and was intending on treating too) is going a week early, and has already booked her pedicure... I doubt she will want another when we get there! And my mom is the same way. My sister (and MOH) has expressed little interest in it too. SO I thought I would pay for their hair, but now they all want to do their own! So... well, I guess that is one less thing for me to pay for! I am paying for my sister's dress though, so that is good. And for my stagette we are going to a spa, but it is too far in advance (like, a month and a half) for a pedicure or manicure to last. So I guess they are on their own for it!

I think it is a great idea though, and if possible, try to do it ahead of time. Plus, what a great way to relax with the girls during last minute planning and prep? Awesome!

#366 hortonk

hortonk
        • 87 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Peach 

I was planning on doing this too... but it is kind of not working out. My FMIL (who I am close with and was intending on treating too) is going a week early, and has already booked her pedicure... I doubt she will want another when we get there! And my mom is the same way. My sister (and MOH) has expressed little interest in it too. SO I thought I would pay for their hair, but now they all want to do their own! So... well, I guess that is one less thing for me to pay for! I am paying for my sister's dress though, so that is good. And for my stagette we are going to a spa, but it is too far in advance (like, a month and a half) for a pedicure or manicure to last. So I guess they are on their own for it!

I think it is a great idea though, and if possible, try to do it ahead of time. Plus, what a great way to relax with the girls during last minute planning and prep? Awesome!

Oh no!!! I havent brought it up with any of my girls yet, I hope they will be interested! My FMIL doesnt live here so she will not be joining unfortunately. I totally agree it will be a nice way to relax before leaving especially in the dead of winter (I see you are in Southern AB- I am in Calgary) so we know how cold it gets!!

#367 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
          • 413 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

Oh no!!! I havent brought it up with any of my girls yet, I hope they will be interested! My FMIL doesnt live here so she will not be joining unfortunately. I totally agree it will be a nice way to relax before leaving especially in the dead of winter (I see you are in Southern AB- I am in Calgary) so we know how cold it gets!!

TRY WINNIPEG! lol at the rate we are going we are never going to have spring!!! :(

#368 hortonk

hortonk
          • 87 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by DANIELLE03 

TRY WINNIPEG! lol at the rate we are going we are never going to have spring!!! :(

oh man i feel the same way! We had one beautiful day yesterday and woke up to snow this morning! I am SO done with winter!!!

#369 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
            • 413 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

oh man i feel the same way! We had one beautiful day yesterday and woke up to snow this morning! I am SO done with winter!!!

SO am I!!! I think we are suppose to get snow.. Like really? in april? this time last year we had +20.. this weather is nonsense.. It can skip spring and go straight to +30 asap!

#370 RNtoBe

RNtoBe
            • 255 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

We paid for the BM dresses which were just under $200 each. They do not seem to appreciate that we paid for their dresses and 2 out of the 4 expected we pay for them which I think is really rude! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users