Sign in to follow this  
jjwilla220

El Dorado Royale Wedding Review May 2007

Beautiful pics Elizabeth- I love your work!

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding Julie- everything looks beautiful. Thanks for the review- I'm sure it will be very helpful to the EDR brides!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly76 View Post
courtney, FI & I are staying in the casitas for our honeymoon, so I'll be sure to post all the dirt on the casitas when we get back, if no one else stays there before us! That was our big splurge of the wedding, Steve wanted the lazy river right on our doorstep, lol! I can't wait!
Oh ya - post the most extensive review ever (with pictures of course)!! I've heard they're incredibly stunning, I'm sure you'll love them. At first I didn't think the lazy rivers were worth the upgrade.. my aunt had one in front of the building thing she was in (she wasn't in a casita though)... and omg - SO worth the upgrade!! We ended up going to her room a little too often! lol.

omg omg omg - I missed those pictures!! lol. Elizabeth - thanks for the sneak peak... they're great!! I can't wait to see the rest! How much longer do we have to wait?! lol

Hi Julie,

It looks like your daughter's wedding was incredible!!

I was wondering what building the reception was held in? It looked beautiful!

Also what type of dinner did you have?

Thanks so much!!

The reception was held at the La Isla restaurant. It was closed for our private party. The venue was wonderful. The welcome dinner was held at Guaycama (s) Bar area. Again, they closed the area for our guests.

The chapel at EDR is beautiful but they also have a very nice gazebo on the beach. The gazebo is near the casitas. The chapel holds 90 and I am not sure about the gazebo area.

I knew there was something else you had asked. The dinner was ordered off the menu for private functions that EDR offers. We had a cocktail party prior to the reception while the pictures were being taken. The cocktail party was EDR Mexican Cocktail menu. The reception dinner was grilled cactus and mozzarella (would not do that again) Papaya salad (fantastic) and grilled mahi-mahi (delicious) We just offered cake for dessert. Anything else I can help with let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Medina View Post
I am realizing that I should have posted the slideshow to this same thread, to give some illustration to Julie's review...here it is just in case anyone missed it. Matt and Mallory
That's ok, a slideshow like that deserves its own thread!! wink.gif