Photo

How many surgeries have you had?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 Geralyn

Geralyn
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:15 AM

Just 1 for me...I tore my meniscus in 2 places 2 years ago while I was snowboarding in Canada

#32 CrystalM

CrystalM
    • 829 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:38 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by lisaloo79
      Yikes! I dunno if I had this when I had my 4 wisdom teeth taken out.
      You didn't. If you did, you would know. The pain had me in tears.
      I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

#33 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
      • 2,287 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:59 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by RIUMBBride711
        Just 1 for me...I tore my meniscus in 2 places 2 years ago while I was snowboarding in Canada
        OH someone else that feels my pain. I just had surgery 6 months ago to repair mine. Not fun eh!? I spent 11 months before having surgery hobbling and limping around because I couldn't straighten my knee all the way. Did this happen to you?

#34 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
        • 5,649 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:11 PM

Interesting thread Lisa!

Here's mine:

Age 4 or 5 (can't remember) - Surgery to put tubes in my ears as I was getting ear infections all the time, they stopped after the surgery.

Age 8 - Was supposed to have my appendix removed as I had an attack but I felt better before they could perform the surgery so they sent me home.

Age 23 - Lasik eye surgery

Age 24 - All four wisdom teeth removed

That's all of mine, I'm pretty sure!

#35 finleys7

finleys7
          • 703 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:11 PM

Well I have only had 1 and it was at the worst time ever. I went to work on a Wed. with abdominal pain only to be sent home at noon, at the ER by 2 and CAT scan at 9. The PA comes in and tells me I have acute apendicitis. I said okay, give me some pills and let me out of here. For those who know, you can't do that. Oops =)

So I had to have emeregency appendectomy early Thursday morning at 1 am and my ENGAGEMENT party was Friday at 7:30 UGH!!! So much for dancing lessons.

75 people, we couldn't cancel but I made it in a wheel chair and it was one party we'll never forget.

Better now then in Mexico for wedding =)
            Shannon

YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
            Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#36 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 4,853 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:17 PM

Ive had 4

16- I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled

21- I had knee surgery, i tour my meniscus, and a few other things.

23- I knocked my two fron teeth out, not really surgery, but they semi knocked me out to put in fake ones

25- I had a cyst removed from my breat.

I wish that would be all, but I will have to have my teeth replaced about every 7 years.
              Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#37 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 4,853 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:19 PM

Ive had 4

16- I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled

21- I had knee surgery, i tour my meniscus, and a few other things.

23- I knocked my two fron teeth out, not really surgery, but they semi knocked me out to put in fake ones

25- I had a cyst removed from my breast.

I wish that would be all, but I will have to have my teeth replaced about every 7 years.
                Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#38 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                • 2,287 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:27 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by finleys7
                  Well I have only had 1 and it was at the worst time ever. I went to work on a Wed. with abdominal pain only to be sent home at noon, at the ER by 2 and CAT scan at 9. The PA comes in and tells me I have acute apendicitis. I said okay, give me some pills and let me out of here. For those who know, you can't do that. Oops =)

So I had to have emeregency appendectomy early Thursday morning at 1 am and my ENGAGEMENT party was Friday at 7:30 UGH!!! So much for dancing lessons.

75 people, we couldn't cancel but I made it in a wheel chair and it was one party we'll never forget.

Better now then in Mexico for wedding =)

did this just happen recently? And you're right, no one will forget that party! lol

#39 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,791 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:31 PM

Ok, I think I've got all of you beat - which is not a good thing in this case! LOL Actually... let's see if I can even keep track!!

here goes nothin'....

Age Newborn - 12 yrs = 12 surgeries; 1 surgery/year (avg.) to repair cleft lip & palate
                    15 yrs old = 1 final surgery for cosmetic reasons (related to above)
                    Age 2 = Bladder Surgery
                    Age ? = Tubes in ears
                    Age ? = Surgery to repair holes in eardrums (guess this was related to tubes?)
                    Age 10 = Appendectomy
                    Age 21 = Lasik
                    Age 24 = 3 Wisdom teeth removed, 1 dry socket resulted; complications (medicated gauze was left in the dry socket for a MONTH!!! major infection)
                    Age 25 = Cavitation surgery to remove jawbone tissue infection

So.... that's what, 20 surgeries (that I can remember/list) in only 26 years... no wonder my blood pressure SKYROCKETS at the doc's office... I've been totally traumatized by doctors/surgeries!!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#40 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                    • 2,287 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:08 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
                      Ok, I think I've got all of you beat - which is not a good thing in this case! LOL Actually... let's see if I can even keep track!!

here goes nothin'....

Age Newborn - 12 yrs = 12 surgeries; 1 surgery/year (avg.) to repair cleft lip & palate
                      15 yrs old = 1 final surgery for cosmetic reasons (related to above)
                      Age 2 = Bladder Surgery
                      Age ? = Tubes in ears
                      Age ? = Surgery to repair holes in eardrums (guess this was related to tubes?)
                      Age 10 = Appendectomy
                      Age 21 = Lasik
                      Age 24 = 3 Wisdom teeth removed, 1 dry socket resulted; complications (medicated gauze was left in the dry socket for a MONTH!!! major infection)
                      Age 25 = Cavitation surgery to remove jawbone tissue infection

So.... that's what, 20 surgeries (that I can remember/list) in only 26 years... no wonder my blood pressure SKYROCKETS at the doc's office... I've been totally traumatized by doctors/surgeries!!
                      Wow that's insane! You're the winner so far! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users