Help! I love this dress but is a over budget! Do I Splurge?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 hsims1

• 356 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 04:47 PM

ooh I love the Reese dress too. Very pretty!!

#12 H&F

• 361 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 05:24 PM

bravobride.com is another good site for resale wedding dresses

#13 nikicrosby

• 230 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:03 PM

Thanks guys...lots of ideas...I am going to try and see what I can find. I may just also find a way to squeeze it in...lol. I am only $300 over....

#14 Vikki

• 807 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:37 PM

I feel your pain...I thought my first dress at $350 was a lot for a DW. Then I found the second one. *dreamy sigh* And with alterations it's over $800.

But every time I think about my dress I just feel like I'm floating and I look at the pictures I took in the fitting room. I've even been to visit my dress at the alterations shop. (Yeah, I like it that much!)

So I say if you LOVE it then go for it!

#15 girlkin

• 120 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:42 PM

That dress is a short-stopper. I would be all over that! Its your day and if I had to splurge on anything it would be that dress. Some dresses are able to be dublicated. That's not one of them.

#16 girlkin

• 120 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:49 PM

show-stopper oops...

what I really mean is the dress is BAD...lol

#17 Janet

• VIP Member
              • 7,459 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:01 PM

have you gotten an quote online from netbride.com or Pearl's Place? I ordered my dress online, saved $300, and it came early! (now I sound like an infomercial...)

#18 SDSteph

• 812 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:14 PM

My best friend found a dress she addored and could not afford it so she found the exact dress on ebay for like 1/4 of the price! Anther friend of mine is really really tiny like a size zero and she bought a nicole miller dress for $600 they made her order a size 8 and just altered the dress to fit her. She looked stunning and it fit like it was made for her. It was a very delecate silk like this dress on your thread. So I would say not to worry about exact size when looking on ebay. =) Hope this helps
                  Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#19 nikicrosby

• 230 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:06 PM

I have emailed about 7 different online places so far. I have seen a couple replica's and so far haven't seen one I am happy with. I am waiting to hear back from a few more online stores......I am so close to just ordering it....My FI will forgive me lol :)

#20 ashnic2005

• 274 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:12 PM

I say that you only go around once (hopefully). Splurge on that dream dress. Cut back on other accessories if need be. You are probably saving quite alot by doing a destination wedding instead of the traditional at home. So use that extra money and buy what you really want.
                      Bride and Groom + 62 Booked = PARTAAAY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users