Photo

Ashley Simpson and Pete Wentz....

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Nora

Nora
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:23 PM

Did they get married too young? Is there a certain age that's too young? I heard that they're having problems. Does anyone think it'll go the distance?

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:27 PM

I think age has less to do with it then maturity. Since I personally don't know them, I can't say if I think they will last. From the things I have read, they seem mostly stable. (Except when Ashley gets drunk and lap dances him and curses his ex!)

#3 Jessica

Jessica
      • VIP Member
      • 11,939 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:50 PM

Ditto, it's more about emotional age than chronological. I mean it's hard to say, I'm 31 and Brian is 27 and we have our horrible married moments. There's just not a camera around to capture pictures and have the public speculate on.

#4 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:57 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jessica
          we have our horrible married moments. There's just not a camera around to capture pictures and have the public speculate on.
          I agree with this!

I think they are doing fine, just having a bad day.

#5 aimee!

aimee!
          • 696 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:13 PM

i hope they make it, i've always been an a.simpson fan. :)

& i guess as a side note, i was 22 on our legal day & will be 24 at our "real" wedding. when you know it's right why wait?
            Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#6 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
            • 5,649 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:45 PM

I agree with the girls, I think the age doesn't matter so much as the maturity. If you're ready and you think you can handle it then I say go for it! :) DH's parents got married when his mom was 17 and his dad was 21 and they're still together and in their 50s now.

Aimee - I didn't know you are already legally married, congrats!

#7 NaM

NaM
              • 2,256 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:51 PM

Hi, Ms. redundant here.
                i agree with everyone about the age thing...my FI parents wed when they were 18 and are together 41 years now...I know other people who waited til they were 40 and still probably weren't ready for marriage. Just depends on the person. Why does the media make it so easy to judge celebrities? They are people just the same, it's easy to forget they have feelings and go through "normal" stuff too.

#8 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
                • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:28 PM

I was only 22 when I got married the 1st time and it was awful because I allowed my ex-husband to basically control me and as I evolved, I did not allow this so it caused lots of friction and led to divorce. Thinking back, I wish I would have never got married that young but I guess it depends on each person's personality. My new marriage is great so far because we are both over 30 and are more mature. Hopefully Ashlee will work through issues.

#9 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
                  • 1,681 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:37 PM

I picked 25 because that is what I will be

#10 Jess

Jess
                    • 4,455 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:55 PM

Just from seeing friends who got married too young and are already going through divorce - I'm going to say waiting is better

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users