Texas Brides?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 blana

blana
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:04 AM

Hey All!!
    I live in Dallas and am getting married in Galveston, TX well technically Pirates Beach...just wondering if there are any other Texas DW brides out there?

#2 blana

blana
    • 84 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:25 PM

I must be all by my lonesome...

#3 CnC

CnC
      • 108 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:00 PM

Hi there, I live in Dallas, but FI is in Chicago. Haven't decided on a wedding venue yet but probably in Mexico... :)

#4 blana

blana
        • 84 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:02 PM

OH right...your the one who just moved here and lives in Uptown right?

#5 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
          • 1,681 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:02 PM

Hey Blana! I live near Houston! I think there around a few other Texas brides around here....

#6 meli122

meli122
            • 269 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:50 PM

Hi Blana, we live in Dallas and getting married in Playa. How did you decide on Galveston?

#7 keilag

keilag
              • 190 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:38 PM

I am in the DFW area. Getting married Playa Del Carmen, Sandos

#8 CnC

CnC
                • 108 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:41 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by blana
                  OH right...your the one who just moved here and lives in Uptown right?
                  Yes! Great memory!

#9 anaderoux

anaderoux
                  • 3,220 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:41 AM

Hi there! I'm in south Texas, just in the border with Mexico.

I got married almost 2 years ago in Cancun.

#10 blana

blana
                    • 84 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:30 PM

Yay!! Im not by my lonesome!!
                      Meli122: We decided on Galveston kinda by default. Not that it isnt gorgeous it just wasnt our true idea. Originally, in our wildest dreams we wanted to go to Hawaii but found out that it is wayy more expensive than we thought it would be soo we got all excited and paid our deposit and picked Sandals Negril which doesn't allow kiddos. We wanted it that way even though we have a 1 yr. old b/c we wanted a no mess wedding and we couldn't even think of paying the crazy fee for our daughter since she would be 2 by then BUT FI's father decided that if FI's stepbrother couldn't come (he is 11) then they wouldn't be there AND they wouldn't help us pay for anything so....after going round and round with family and them contradicting themselves on saying.."Do what you want, its your day!" we decided to look stateside. We looked to Galveston b/c in our opinion it has the nicest beach with the least drive and least tourists. My mom and I took a trip down there with my daughter for the weekend stopped in at several vacation rentails and found a home right on the beach about 10mins from town that is big enough for our 2 immediate families and had space for a wedding there. And there ya have it! We will be having a wedding on the beach then will walk up to the house for a nautical themed reception. It worked out in the end but I still wish we could go out of the states somehow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users