Photo

SharedInk - How To/Help

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 02:12 PM

I hate to bump my own posts, but I'm still desperate!!!
    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#42 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 02:23 PM

OK, this might not be exactly the answer you were looking for, but it was the easiest way I could think to explain it. I've made 4 shared ink books now...

If I make a 12x12 book, I format my pages to be 12x12, understanding that a little of the edges is going to get cut off. If it's a full bleed, I just make the picture go off the page a little. If it's a bordered page, I make sure I have at least 1/2 inch all the way around, an inch is preferable.

Does that help at all? I'd have to dig a little to find out if the measurements you're talking about are correct, and I think the way I do it is a little easier...

Just make sure you email Chris and ask for your full-bleed pages if you don't have a pro account.

#43 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
      • 4,979 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 02:35 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Sarah
        OK, this might not be exactly the answer you were looking for, but it was the easiest way I could think to explain it. I've made 4 shared ink books now...

If I make a 12x12 book, I format my pages to be 12x12, understanding that a little of the edges is going to get cut off. If it's a full bleed, I just make the picture go off the page a little. If it's a bordered page, I make sure I have at least 1/2 inch all the way around, an inch is preferable.

Does that help at all? I'd have to dig a little to find out if the measurements you're talking about are correct, and I think the way I do it is a little easier...

Just make sure you email Chris and ask for your full-bleed pages if you don't have a pro account.
        Thank you!!!

So, doing the full bleeds, you'd just have the image run off the page and NOT extend the measurements?? It seems when I upload this to SharedInk, it doesn't recognize the extended measurements anyways...
        Happily Married since May 9, 2008
        Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#44 beachbride08

beachbride08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,372 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 02:37 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jthrasherphoto.com
          FYI, those of you who are using a Mac can also use iPhoto to design and make books. Apple prints the books via Shutterfly I think so they are exactly the same. IPhoto makes it pretty easy though.
          I was wondering if it was the same.
          Michelle

#45 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 02:39 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by CourtneyV
            Thank you!!!

So, doing the full bleeds, you'd just have the image run off the page and NOT extend the measurements?? It seems when I upload this to SharedInk, it doesn't recognize the extended measurements anyways...

Right. If you're making your pages in Lumapix, or some other software, it just saves the page- not what runs off it- does that make sense? So if it's a 12x12 page, but the pic extends a 1/2 inch when you export it to a jpg file to upload, the page is still 12x12.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users