Jump to content

Photo

Jamaica Riu Brides


  • Please log in to reply
448 replies to this topic

#371 Heidi

Heidi
  • Sr. Member
  • 2,642 posts

    Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:05 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by christenew
    The junior suites look nice. I bet it would be nice to have double the size, especially if you and your BM are getting ready there. To me it wouldn't really make a difference re the jacuzzi. I don't think with the heat I will want to be anywhere else but the ocean. With the suite it would be nice to have a little private space for sun tanning with the lounge chairs. You and your sweetie can sneak out there at night for a comfortable drink and a beautiful sunset.

    Hey I guess if you are going to spend 900 why not splurg for the 1300. Oh I don't know I can never make a decision
    you just described my exact thought process!!!
    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

    #372 GeminiLibra

    GeminiLibra
    • Jr. Member
    • 220 posts

      Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:07 PM

      We are thinking about having our reception dinner on the beach in front of the Seagrape. Has anyone seen the dinner set-up there, or just the beach area itself? I don't want to have people walking by while we are having dinner, we have about 25 or so guests coming so I would like it to be private. I don't know if I should just book the Plantation instead, which according to Chandlyn is still available.

      #373 Bride010101

      Bride010101
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,547 posts

        Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:50 AM

        Have you found any details about dinner on the beach in front of Seagrape? (cost, set-up, etc). I would love to be able to have my reception on the beach but hadn't seen any else mention it for ROR! I am just booking by wedding for Jan 2009 so I haven't contacted Chandyln yet. Any info you have would be great!

        #374 BrittneyD

        BrittneyD
        • Member
        • 679 posts

          Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:07 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by naga0066
          Have you found any details about dinner on the beach in front of Seagrape? (cost, set-up, etc). I would love to be able to have my reception on the beach but hadn't seen any else mention it for ROR! I am just booking by wedding for Jan 2009 so I haven't contacted Chandyln yet. Any info you have would be great!
          If you are just wanting a cocktail party, it is $10/person. I believe if you want the dinner on the beach too that it is $50/person. That price includes drinks, dinner, set-up, and staff.
          Brittney & Peter
          July 12, 2008
          Riu Ocho Rios

          http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

          #375 christenew

          christenew
          • Jr. Member
          • 325 posts

            Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:20 PM

            Maybe I missed it. Anyone know what that meal is for the Mammee Bay Steakhouse?

            #376 Heidi

            Heidi
            • Sr. Member
            • 2,642 posts

              Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:35 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by christenew
              Maybe I missed it. Anyone know what that meal is for the Mammee Bay Steakhouse?
              anything off of the menu!

              sample menus: Jamaica All Inclusive and Caribbean Cuisine at Riu Ocho Rios Hotel *they also can offer vegetarian meals*

              Steak House
              Specialty Restaurant


              Soup
              Onion Soup with cheese croutons

              Salads
              Fresh romaine lettuce and caesar dressing
              Endives in blue cheese dressing
              Tomato and mix leaves salad with crumbled fetta cheese
              Artichokes black olives and mozzarella
              Asparagus and mushrooms salad
              Grilled vegetables salad
              Russian salad

              Cold Special
              Smoked salmon with garnishes
              Cold cuts mirror
              Assorted cheeses
              Seared tuna with parsley salsa

              Garnishes and Dressings
              Balsamic vinaigrette
              Ranch dressing
              Caesar dressing
              Thousand island
              Green olives, capers, jalape±os, gherkins, parmesan cheese, croutons, biscuits, etc.

              Main Courses Served at Table
              10 ounces beef master tenderloin
              Butterfly herbs chicken breast
              Center cut pork chops with fresh apples couli
              Grilled shrimps skewers with strawberries special couli
              Mixed grilled combination (chicken, shrimps, tender loin and sausage)
              Caribbean sea red snapper
              8 ounces Australian cube roll

              Sauces
              Pepper sauce
              BBQ sauce
              Chimichurry
              All steaks are served with saut© Italian vegetables and baked potato

              Desserts
              Desserts bar, sliced fruit, ice cream and bread buffet
              Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

              #377 christenew

              christenew
              • Jr. Member
              • 325 posts

                Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:19 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Heidi
                anything off of the menu!

                sample menus: Jamaica All Inclusive and Caribbean Cuisine at Riu Ocho Rios Hotel *they also can offer vegetarian meals*

                Steak House
                Specialty Restaurant


                Soup
                Onion Soup with cheese croutons

                Salads
                Fresh romaine lettuce and caesar dressing
                Endives in blue cheese dressing
                Tomato and mix leaves salad with crumbled fetta cheese
                Artichokes black olives and mozzarella
                Asparagus and mushrooms salad
                Grilled vegetables salad
                Russian salad

                Cold Special
                Smoked salmon with garnishes
                Cold cuts mirror
                Assorted cheeses
                Seared tuna with parsley salsa

                Garnishes and Dressings
                Balsamic vinaigrette
                Ranch dressing
                Caesar dressing
                Thousand island
                Green olives, capers, jalape±os, gherkins, parmesan cheese, croutons, biscuits, etc.

                Main Courses Served at Table
                10 ounces beef master tenderloin
                Butterfly herbs chicken breast
                Center cut pork chops with fresh apples couli
                Grilled shrimps skewers with strawberries special couli
                Mixed grilled combination (chicken, shrimps, tender loin and sausage)
                Caribbean sea red snapper
                8 ounces Australian cube roll

                Sauces
                Pepper sauce
                BBQ sauce
                Chimichurry
                All steaks are served with saut© Italian vegetables and baked potato

                Desserts
                Desserts bar, sliced fruit, ice cream and bread buffet
                Thanks so much for posting. I am assuming it is the same menu for the reception. It is just a la carte for guests?

                #378 Birdie07

                Birdie07
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,218 posts

                  Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:35 PM

                  The Mammee Bay is buffet for salad, soup and dessert always. Even for your reception. They serve you your main course. And your wedding cake . I don't know if you can choose more than one main course...you could always ask?

                  #379 JamaicaBrideToBe

                  JamaicaBrideToBe
                  • Newbie
                  • 89 posts

                    Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:17 PM

                    Hi all! I'm a January 2009 Bride as well, I sure hope we will all get the dates we want since they won't take the reservations yet. I've read ALL 44 pages of this post and have 3 pages of notes! What great information! I'm so glad I found this website! Mo I hope you reply with the details on your wedding events!! I can't wait to read it!
                    We are trying to get as much planning done early cause we have our first baby coming in July, gonna be a busy 12 months! Well, looking forward to lots of information exchanged with everyone!

                    #380 Spazz

                    Spazz
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,482 posts

                      Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:24 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JamaicaBrideToBe
                      Hi all! I'm a January 2009 Bride as well, I sure hope we will all get the dates we want since they won't take the reservations yet. I've read ALL 44 pages of this post and have 3 pages of notes! What great information! I'm so glad I found this website! Mo I hope you reply with the details on your wedding events!! I can't wait to read it!
                      We are trying to get as much planning done early cause we have our first baby coming in July, gonna be a busy 12 months! Well, looking forward to lots of information exchanged with everyone!
                      Welcome! Congrats on your baby!!!
                      Mo did a review and it was really great. Here you go: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t11534
                      Let us know what you need help planning!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users