Photo

Review - Photographer Michael Maurus/Cancun Wedding Photography

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#61 www.storybyphoto.com

www.storybyphoto.com
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:03 PM

Well. I'm going to go ahead and chime in here.

I won't say anything in reference to the photographer you used nor his work as that's none of my business and I need not ever knock another person in my field but I will say this....Some of these photos are just bad editing. Many can be fixed in photoshop and enhanced to look much better.

I always tell photographers when I teach seminars etc "you cant polish a turd, so try and shoot it right so you don't have to". Clearly that gets lost in translation on occasion and let's be honest, no photographer, no matter how much smoke they blow up your butt or how they present themselves online is going to give you 100% fantastic pics that are everything you ever dreamed!

To the Original poster here. If you have a handful of images that mean much to you and you cant work it out with your photographer, contact us via the forum or our website and we would be happy to have one of our photo editors on our team take a look and see about tweaking a "few" for you as a courtesy.

The bottom line is people should be happy with their pics!

gino & heather

#62 amybermuda

amybermuda
    • 870 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:10 PM

Simistar - I am so sorry that you had such a bad experience! From the good pictures I saw, you looks gorgeous! Oh that arm up in the air made me laugh... you have a good sense of humor. Good luck having them altered by a real professional!!

#63 airampz

airampz
      • 48 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:52 PM

Wow!! I am still in shock and so so sorry about everything you had to go through. I initially thought about him and even sent a request when I was looking for photogs but luckily, and by that I cannot thank you enough Simistar, I sent you a PM and you told me all I needed to know. I can't believe the nerve of this guy. Just be glad that he would never be used by anyone here!!
        Maria~

#64 Simistar

Simistar
        • 645 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:12 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by www.storybyphoto.com
          To the Original poster here. If you have a handful of images that mean much to you and you cant work it out with your photographer, contact us via the forum or our website and we would be happy to have one of our photo editors on our team take a look and see about tweaking a "few" for you as a courtesy.

The bottom line is people should be happy with their pics!

gino & heather
          W-o-w...Gino and Heather -- you just MADE my day!!
          That is VERY generous of you to offer to do this
          I cannot thank you enough Simistar, I sent you a PM and you told me all I needed to know. I can't believe the nerve of this guy. Just be glad that he would never be used by anyone here!!
          You are MORE than welcome!! Hopefully YOU will have beautiful pictures now!:-)

#65 marny61

marny61
          • 165 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:21 AM

I am so sorry to hear about your experience but I want to applaud you for such a well written review - the photo's gave merit to your comments. I know that we will not use this vendor for my daughter's wedding and cannot thank you enough for preventing another disaster.

#66 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:02 PM

i also just wanted to post a heads up that Michael Maurus did contact me and wants this thread removed or he has threatened legal action against the OP and third parties (i don't think he understands internet laws very well).

when will vendors ever learn...threatening legal action for a review made against them is never the right approach. it just gives them more negative publicity.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#67 MarieSam

MarieSam
            • VIP Member
            • 2,336 posts
              • LocationSouthern California

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:06 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Tammy Host
              i also just wanted to post a heads up that Michael Maurus did contact me and wants this thread removed or he has threatened legal action against the OP and third parties (i don't think he understands internet laws very well).

when will vendors ever learn...threatening legal action for a review made against them is never the right approach. it just gives them more negative publicity.
              aaahhhaaaaaa funny how the vendors are so quick to throw out the legal action card. the power for BDW....bananas!!!

#68 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
              • 5,649 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:22 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Tammy Host

Oh I'm having a big LOL at that right now! And by third parties does he mean anyone who posted in response to this thread? He just proven Simistar's point I believe. Good job Michael, good job So does this mean you have to take the thread down Tammy?

#69 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:27 PM

no, i am protected from taking the thread down. he can file a suit if he wants. he isnt the first vendor to threaten a lawsuit against BDW. once they contact an attorney they usually drop any ideas of a suit.

i wish i could sue everyone that said something i didn't like...how awesome would that be?

"what did you say about my shoes?...bam, see you in court!"

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#70 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                • 5,649 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:29 PM

Tammy - lol I'm so glad to hear that you won't be taking the thread down (honest reviews like this are invaluable!). No kidding, wouldn't that be fun? Just sue someone for saying something that hurt your feelings hehe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users