Originally Posted by sgreen99 View Post

Here's mine!  I went the DIY route, a few gluegun burns in the process but I'm happy with it :) The one that plianab posted from Etsy was my inspiration, just couldn't see spending the $55 on it. 

well done! looks professional

I am so excited about my cake topper! Oddly enough, it is one of the things I am most excited about because it is being custom made and gives us a chance to show off our personalities a bit.

I ordered the topper from a seller on Etsy- her name is Serena Kim and her company is called Clayphory. She is in Hong Kong, but apparently shipping is not an issue. I had to wait until I had pictures in my dress from my fitting and a picture of my fiances suit. She will add anything to the topper you ask. I was wrecking my brain for a cute topper that wasn't the standard bride and groom and I came up with this concept: I am a teacher so I would be at the front of the class teaching my new husband and my dog- because we haaaaad to include our dog- and the chalkboard would say "you are now husband and wife" with our wedding date 7/5/13. 

I sent her all my info including pics of my dress, his suit, the dog, and our faces. Literally the next day, she sent me a sketch. She has been a pleasure to work with so far and made the whole process stress free. Here is our sketch:

I cannot wait to see the finished product. This brought me so much joy to a gloomy run of the mill Tuesday at work haha.Who knew a cake topper could bring you joy? LOL msnwink.gif

I am so excited about my cake topper! Oddly enough, it is one of the things I am most excited about because it is being custom made and gives us a chance to show off our personalities a bit. I ordered the topper from a seller on Etsy- her name is Serena Kim and her company is called Clayphory. She is in Hong Kong, but apparently shipping is not an issue. I had to wait until I had pictures in my dress from my fitting and a picture of my fiances suit. She will add anything to the topper you ask. I was wrecking my brain for a cute topper that wasn't the standard bride and groom and I came up with this concept: I am a teacher so I would be at the front of the class teaching my new husband and my dog- because we haaaaad to include our dog- and the chalkboard would say "you are now husband and wife" with our wedding date 7/5/13.  I sent her all my info including pics of my dress, his suit, the dog, and our faces. Literally the next day, she sent me a sketch. She has been a pleasure to work with so far and made the whole process stress free. Here is our sketch: LL I cannot wait to see the finished product. This brought me so much joy to a gloomy run of the mill Tuesday at work haha.Who knew a cake topper could bring you joy? LOL :mswink:
I love this! So unique and I love that you included your pooch.. Haha. Congrats. I know how exciting something like this can be. Can't wait to see the finished product:)

Oh. My. Goodness.

This is SO awesome. I am a teacher too, and think the idea is so perfect. Good for you for coming up with such a great concept!

Make sure to post pics once you get it in.

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall View Post

I am so excited about my cake topper! Oddly enough, it is one of the things I am most excited about because it is being custom made and gives us a chance to show off our personalities a bit.

I ordered the topper from a seller on Etsy- her name is Serena Kim and her company is called Clayphory. She is in Hong Kong, but apparently shipping is not an issue. I had to wait until I had pictures in my dress from my fitting and a picture of my fiances suit. She will add anything to the topper you ask. I was wrecking my brain for a cute topper that wasn't the standard bride and groom and I came up with this concept: I am a teacher so I would be at the front of the class teaching my new husband and my dog- because we haaaaad to include our dog- and the chalkboard would say "you are now husband and wife" with our wedding date 7/5/13. 

I sent her all my info including pics of my dress, his suit, the dog, and our faces. Literally the next day, she sent me a sketch. She has been a pleasure to work with so far and made the whole process stress free. Here is our sketch:

I cannot wait to see the finished product. This brought me so much joy to a gloomy run of the mill Tuesday at work haha.Who knew a cake topper could bring you joy? LOL msnwink.gif