wondering about gifts for parents (etiquette)

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 SuperKate

• 752 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:08 PM

My FI and I are paying for everything, including each of our parents' trips down to Mexico. This will be our gift to them.

#12 affiwin

• 177 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by SuperKate
      My FI and I are paying for everything, including each of our parents' trips down to Mexico. This will be our gift to them.
      Same here! We'll give them parent albums after the wedding as a thank you but not planning on giving anything during the wedding.

#13 pjlisa

• 19 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:32 AM

We're giving our mom's Tiffany letter necklaces and monogrammed hankerchiefs. The dad's are getting hankerchiefs as well, but not sure what else. We'll also give them parent albums for Christmas next year....

#14 abbypoo

• 57 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:23 AM

I am wondering what to do too! My FI's parents and my step-mom (my father died last year) are contributing equal amounts to the wedding. My gift to my real mom will be her accommodations, but I want to do something really special for the parents that are contributing. I really don't have any ideas!

#15 isaidyes

• 269 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:15 PM

I need ideas for this too! My dad paid for a lot of our immediate family to attend. It was a Christmas gift to everyone. I really want to do something special...but what?

#16 kerrij

• 300 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:13 PM

I like the spa for the moms. i'm getting my dad a beautiful pocket watch with engraving. not sure about FIL and StepFIL. hmmm. i think our parents would kill us if we tried to pay for them, and we'd be in debt! wonderful gift though!

#17 Pastryqueen_Tanya

• 417 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:14 PM

So many great ideas! I have been trying to figure this out as well...no one is contributing to our wedding, but I think we should do something. I like the excursion idea...and definately a photobook!
                Thanks for postng all the great ideas!

#18 finleys7

• 703 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:06 PM

I am thinking about those Pandora bracelets with a charm for our wedding for the moms.

The dads we are still thinking, I know my dad I can do a personalized gold towel, hanky and photo.
                  But his dad, we are still deciding. =)

YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
                  Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#19 mmshaughness

• 155 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:39 PM

FI and I are thinking of doing photo books for sure and perhaps an excursion while we are on the trip.

#20 Melidell

• 1,091 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:48 PM

I love the excursion idea! I could do the spa with my Mom and FI's Mom, and send my Dad out deep sea fishing (which he'll love). I've already ordered parents albums for them but they wont be ready for quite a while after the wedding, so this would be something fun for them while we're down there.

Thanks guys!
                      Loving married life!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users