Photo

what would you do with this engagement ring?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:07 PM

My ring isn't as unique a shape as you (or Rachel's), but my wedding bands don't fit around it either. I actually prefer that look and don't like when the wedding bands are shaped around the e-ring. Now, that's just my personal opinion, so take it with a grain of salt. I bought a wedding band for both sides of my e-ring and I like the versatility it gives me. Sometimes I wear all 3, sometimes I wear my e-ring with just one band, sometimes I just wear my band(s), sometimes I wear my e-ring with one band and the other band on my right hand, sometimes I wear my e-ring with my grandmothers plain gold band. See what I mean about versatile?

I woudl def talk to a jeweler and see what they suggest. I am not sure that you could wear a band that doesn't fit against it, since your's is def a more unique shape then mine, but check it out anyway, just to be sure.

Good luck!

#12 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:09 PM

And Carly, for the record, all three of your rings are gorgeous too!
      Happily married since 2008

#13 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:12 PM

Definitely get a custom band with that GORGEOUS ring!

#14 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:18 PM

And Carly, for the record, all three of your rings are gorgeous too!

#15 BachataBride

BachataBride
          • Banned
          • 9,310 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:21 PM

I am a "non fit" ring person too!
            We didn't want to spend the money to get a custom ring for my e-ring (not right now anyway!) So I wear my ering on my right hand & my band on my left. You could also do vice versa! I say get a second ring (but that's only because I love the bling!!) My band is sapphires & diamonds so when/if I get a fitted band to my e-ring I will have a really nice ring to wear still!!

But it's completely up to you!! If you don't want a wedding band, what about a wedding bangle?? You could still exchange it during the ceremony! It's a little unconventional...but it's your wedding & you can do what you want!! lol
            Oh...your ring really is beautiful!!

#16 Mel&B

Mel&B
            • 613 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:32 PM

I had a similar problem. I suggest speaking to a custom jewelry maker ASAP. He or she can really help you figure out what will work and won't work. I think it'll make your decision making process a lot easier.

Your ring is gorgeous!!!

#17 Jen_S

Jen_S
              • 3,737 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:37 PM

I love your ring. I had my band custom made and love the unique look of my ering and wedding ring. I would also suggest talking to a jeweler.
                Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#18 inunez

inunez
                • 172 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:06 PM

omg...your ring is gorgeous! my ring looks a little like yours. my e-ring was custom made and we are actually working with our jeweler to custom make my wedding band as well.

my jeweler is actually "shaving" part of the stage on one side ot make the wedding band fit in nicely. i think you should definetly get your ring custom made especially since you like the idea of having both rings on the same finger. you don't need anything extravagant - something very simple to compliment it.

hope that helps! (pics attached)

Attached Files

#19 Jess

Jess
                  • 4,455 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:09 PM

oh I love it! I would get a custom band for sure - I think you can get one with a gap in the front so it fits around the diamond almost but doesn't go under it

#20 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                    • VIP Member
                    • 18,452 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:12 PM

Your ring setting is gorgeous and the stones are beautiful too. I think you should go and talk to a jeweler about a custom band just to see what they suggest. My ring is kinda shaped weird and i didnt really know what to do with a band but i met with my jeweler (he also made my ering) and he had me try on a bunch of rings so i can see different stones against mine and different stone sizes. Once i picked the stones i liked he drew it out for me so i could see how my rings would fit together. So go see what one says and than decide if a) you want a custom band made to fit B) you want a seperate band or c) you dont want a band at all. You should just do what your most comfortable with. oh and fyi my custom band wasnt very expensive, it really depends on the stones you pick out for it.
                      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users